Old 29th December 2003, 13:31   #41
sidd
Major Dude

Quote:
only things stopping me were..

1) Massive price 250 uk pounds and bidding hand't finished
2) It was Jap only and not modded to play region2 dvd's, or euro cube games.
Panasonic Q is ONLY modded to play region2's.
sidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2003, 18:32   #42
Rellik
Major Dude

I proved it was a fake on the seventh post in this thread
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2003, 20:46   #43
gt55x

Im glad that its fake. Case they really have to change the control pad socket desigh that has not changed since the ps1. I hate haveing to plug out the joypad and reconect it.
also to compete make it smaller than the GC.
gt55x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2003, 01:27   #44
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

they dont have to make it smaller or bigger than anything to make it compete. they are sony. people buy there shit out of blind loyalty. look at the ps2. extremely ugly.

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 14:22   #45
magneticman

there is a whole different view in europe i think. There are still plenty xbox zealots, but so many people complained about the controller, there is a new one packaged with it (the japanese version). Then every one took the piss out of its look, im guessing coz its more of a american design (no offense). Because not only do we get games waaaaay late (FFX a year later) we were used to consoles from japan only, and when microsoft of all companies decided they will make one it came out....wrong?
Gamecube is ok, the black one took to me but the stupid thing was the handle. Ive never had to used it and if i took it to the street, im pretty sure i would get pimp-slapped and be mugged. PS2 was different, it took it a while to pick up speed when released and the first decent game was probably ZOE. actually ive forgotten the whole point of this. I came to back up the PS2. It has the best controller, it look decent (satin one is kl too), its still doing better than the other consoles and xbox has only halo and maybe gotham racer as its killer apps. and the x box has no reason to be so big. a hard drive is no excuse because the ps2 has space for that.
magneticman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 19:25   #46
Colonel Sanders

I hope they don't change the controller design much- the GC controller is the worst POS ever attached to a console(with the exception of maybe a NES/Attari controller...). I love the PS2 controller best of them all- the L1, L2, R1, R2 buttons are the best idea on a controller instead of the X-boxs R, L, and B and W buttons...

I think for the PS3 Sony should switch the left analog stick and D-pad and leave the controllers the same- I hate the other controllers.

For the console itself, I see no reason why it shouldn't be backwards compatiable with PS2 and PS1 games.

Exterior of console? thank god it's not that round thing... It should not have a great big tacky x everywhere... I personally love the looks of the PS2- the GC also looks good, but the PS2 is bo no means an ugly box.

4 controller ports is more of a deco than a necessity IMO. There are not many games that are good for 4 players, and playing on 1/4th of a TV screen is pretty small. I don't think it is 100% necessary, it wouldn't be bad idea but I'm doing quite fine with just 2 controllers.

L J
Colonel Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 19:31   #47
Colonel Sanders

Quote:
Originally posted by gt55x
Im glad that its fake. Case they really have to change the control pad socket desigh that has not changed since the ps1. I hate haveing to plug out the joypad and reconect it.
also to compete make it smaller than the GC.
Honestly- you can carry your PS3 to play PS3 games with your friend- who probbably has some games and thus a PS3 of his own- and as you carry this $100-$400 piece of hardware in your hand you might want to carry a gun to make sure you don't get mugged.

The GC is only good because it's nintendo. Yeah, it's small- who cares? Because of that decrease in size you cant listen to music or play DVDs with your cube- not to mention you'll have to deal with disc changeing because the GC disc is 1.7GB, and the full-size DVDs are like, 9GB? To make it worse, it has the least power of the consoles... *BUT* it does have fun games.

L J
Colonel Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 20:47   #48
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
the GC controller is the worst POS ever attached to a console
It's your story. Personally, I think the GC controller is infinitely better than the PS2 and Xbox controllers.

Quote:
I think for the PS3 Sony should switch the left analog stick and D-pad...
Just like the GC controller, huh?

Quote:
The GC is only good because it's nintendo. Yeah, it's small- who cares? Because of that decrease in size you cant listen to music or play DVDs with your cube- not to mention you'll have to deal with disc changeing because the GC disc is 1.7GB, and the full-size DVDs are like, 9GB? To make it worse, it has the least power of the consoles...
And why do you want to listen to CDs and watch DVDs on your GAMECube? Seriously, it's a games console, not a multimedia center. It was created to do one thing and one thing only, and that's play games. It does a great job at that, too. And I don't have any games that require more than one disc for my Cube. And if there are any multidisc games for the Cube, then there aren't many afaik.

And btw, the GameCube does not have the least amount of power out of the bunch. That honor falls upon the PS2.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 22:02   #49
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Can I weigh in here, I progressed through the console market as follows.

Sega MegaDrive (genessis to our US friends)
Sony PS1, amazing device miles ahead for the time
Sony PS2, again, it felt amazing at the time, just amazing.

Finally 5 days ago, I bought myself a Cube, been wanting to for some time, finally I found the right deal, a bargain and a half, and let me just say this.

I am fucking amazed with the cube, I only wish that I had bought one nearly 2 years ago when I bought my PS2.

Least power?, do me a favour, I've seen my cube do thing in the last few days that would reduce my PS2 to a weeping wreck, been playing Rogue Squardon III on it, dozens of massive 3D ships on screen, real time lighting effects, hundreds of laser blasts going off around me, dolby surround effects coming at me from all corners of the room, dust blowing from under my ship as it flies over the landscape, and not a hint of slow down, image break up or distance fogging to be seen anywhere,smooth fluid animation all the way.

I've been gaming now for near on 20 years in one form or another, home computers, consoles , handhelds etc etc, and the cube just knocked me sideways, amazing.
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 22:05   #50
sgtfuzzbubble011

A-fucking-men.
Old 4th January 2004, 22:57   #51
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Xbox Type S
I think its perfect. If you dont like the joy sticks you can sand them down a bit and get a smoother rubber feel without those dimples poking at your thumbs.

They should have made the gamecube more like the dreamcast (even though it shares a lot of similarities in design.) And made it less for kids and more for everyone.

I hate market demographics. Focus groups solve nothing. (Thats how the xbox fatty was concived)

I'm Back?
Old 5th January 2004, 02:47   #52
TechBoy

I second that, Mr. Jones

Haha, Colonel Sanders, you have your **** all messed up. The Gamecube is leaps ahead of the PS2 interms of graphics. In fact it is a lot closer to Xbox than PS2. I frequent IGN and see their cross-platform head-to-heads and this is not a disputable fact.

Second, yes the Gamecube disc is 1.7 gigs or so, but a DVD is, I believe, 4.3 gigs. I may be wrong, but the fact still stands that I only know of 1 game that requires multiple discs, and that's Resident Evil. Needless to say changing discs is not an issue at all.

Lastly, sure controllers are preferential. But the first time I held a Gamecube controller I was actually suprised by how well it fit into my hands. I've held all the other controllers and they aren't bad, but none of them quite matched the GC's brilliant ergonomics.
TechBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2004, 03:38   #53
sgtfuzzbubble011

Let's continue the controller discussion in this thread, please.
Old 5th January 2004, 04:54   #54
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Techboy must have weirdly shaped hands

I kid

Xbox has Hard Drive. Hard Drive is good.

I'm Back?
Old 5th January 2004, 07:49   #55
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by TechBoy

Lastly, sure controllers are preferential. But the first time I held a Gamecube controller I was actually suprised by how well it fit into my hands
Same feeling here, I had my reservations before hand, thinking the controller looked fugly compared to the rest of the set up , and how I just knew I was gonna hate it, but suprisingly, it's very very good and comfortable, still if it bothered me that much, it's nothing that one of THESE wouldn't fix...

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteflip

Xbox has Hard Drive. Hard Drive is good.
Hard drive = moving parts, hard drive crashy taking all data with it, what use will it be then ?, call my cynical, but I believe that hard drives are not the way to go for console gaming, but I guess in the case of xbox, it's a further attempt by MS to blur the line between pc's and consoles, if I had to have any kind of storage, i'd prefer something not as volatile as hard drive.
Old 5th January 2004, 16:01   #56
magneticman

Quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Sanders

For the console itself, I see no reason why it shouldn't be backwards compatiable with PS2 and PS1 games.
it is backward compatable but only wit ps2 as sony only support 2 consoles at a time (and psp i guess)
magneticman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2004, 23:24   #57
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
Jones said..
still if it bothered me that much, it's nothing that one of THESE wouldn't fix...
That's sadistic. Just plain sadistic. There's no way in hell I'd attach a PS controller to my Cube.

Quote:
Hard drive = moving parts, hard drive crashy taking all data with it, what use will it be then ?, call my cynical, but I believe that hard drives are not the way to go for console gaming, but I guess in the case of xbox, it's a further attempt by MS to blur the line between pc's and consoles, if I had to have any kind of storage, i'd prefer something not as volatile as hard drive.
I guess we'll have to wait until crystal drives become inexpensive and practical, then.
Old 6th January 2004, 07:51   #58
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
That's sadistic. Just plain sadistic. There's no way in hell I'd attach a PS controller to my Cube.

Yeah, but I have a box full of PS controllers at home, 1 original, 1 analogue, 1 ps2 analogue and a few third party ones I've aquired over the years as freebies, a new GC controller would set me back £20-£25 here, a converter would be like £7.50, so if I ever have the pressing need to play 4 player double dash or something ( which wouldn't be often), that would be the cheapest way for me to go, rather than spending another £125 on extra controllers I'd hardly ever use, think of how much lovely software I can buy with the money I'd save...
Old 6th January 2004, 23:09   #59
sgtfuzzbubble011

Cheap-ass.

Seriously though, I've seen aftermarket controllers for the Cube run as low as about half the price of an official Nintendo controller does. I haven't tried any myself, but a few of them look decent. I still prefer the official controller, of course. That's partly why I have five of them.
Old 7th January 2004, 02:32   #60
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

They have adaptors that let you plug in any controller into any current system.

Every system that has had a memory card that I have had or used has had memory cards that have failed. These are first party memory cards.

So far the Hard drive hasn't broke.

Nintendo said the same thing about moving parts back when they made the N64. Moving parts aren't evil.

I'm Back?
Old 7th January 2004, 03:40   #61
sgtfuzzbubble011

Well, I think the whole consensus is that less moving parts means that there is a lesser chance that there will be any mechanical failure. Solid-state devices can fail, but I think that's a lot less likely than a mechanical failure.

There's nothing wrong with moving parts as long as they're kept to a minimum and that they're made from quality hardware.
Old 7th January 2004, 10:26   #62
jolancer
Banned

ok, the more i look around this form, the worse impression i get.

first, ppl post the stupidest ?s in the support form, that i swear a monkey could figure out.

and wtf is going on here, the thread has a valid topic, but its filled with ludicris posts.

ok here it goes - this is how a strait male rates game systems... in order... game contenet, graphics, controler, i dont five a rats ass wat it looks like if its got the best games on it.

ok and here are the facts, sony has the most, best games.((ex.-metalgear,grandtourismo,residentevil,armordcore)) sony has the best controler/ and i wouldnt be saprized if thy cept it for ps3.((best controler i used were the analog controlers for ps1, thy only difference from ps2 controlers is, thy had longer handles witch fit comfortably in any hand, and the anolog sticks were indented, instead of popping out like mushrooms, and thy werent pressur sensitive buttons, but i didnt care))

if u like a system, because of its case design, its newest gfx speed, or its colorful displays, rather then its game substance and content... im sorry to say buddy, but u just might be gay.

and if u like any controller over the ps1/2 controller, then ur prolly in a different country from the states, ex.u play games with oposite controles... ex. like u drive on the rong side of the road.

personaly i hope thy keep the backward compatibility with the old controllers, cause my fave is still on ps1.
and if ur looking for good multiplayer games... i would suggest pc games, since thy havint made any good ons on console systmes recently.

and holy f*cking crist, if u couldnt tell that was a fake ps3 pic, stop lookin at it or shoot urself or something... and its not that bad a desight, its just outa perportion, the controler jacks are small, but u can notice the cd try opens right above them and that takes up 2/3s of the size, so i think he meant to make about 8-10in's in width. witch in comparision would be the smallest system yet.
jolancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2004, 14:25   #63
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Learn how to use the English toung, and I'll listen.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2004, 17:09   #64
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
ok and here are the facts, sony has the most, best games.((ex.-metalgear,grandtourismo,residentevil,armordcore)) sony has the best controler/ and i wouldnt be saprized if thy cept it for ps3
That's your opinion. And learn to accept the fact that not everyone will agree with your opinion.

Quote:
if u like a system, because of its case design, its newest gfx speed, or its colorful displays, rather then its game substance and content... im sorry to say buddy, but u just might be gay.
You want to know the number one selling point of automobiles? How it looks. Not very many people are going to buy a car that they think is ugly. It's a fact, so get over it.

More powerful graphics processing and "colorful displays" are part of the deal, too. No one is going to buy a new game system that can't outperform systems that have been around for years.

Quote:
and if u like any controller over the ps1/2 controller, then ur prolly in a different country from the states, ex.u play games with oposite controles... ex. like u drive on the rong side of the road.
I happen to like the GameCube's controller infinitely better than the Playstation controller. That doesn't mean I live "in a different country from the states" or that I "play games with oposite controles..." I happen to like the GameCube controller because it feels better to me and is easier for me to use than any other controller. Oh and by the way... to everyone else, we drive on the wrong side of the road. Does that mean I think that every other country in the world should switch what side of the road they drive on? No, it just means that everyone is different. And if you can't get over that fact, then no one wants to hear the things you have to say.
Old 7th January 2004, 21:29   #65
jolancer
Banned

sorry dude if u misunderstood, but i swear to god(although i dont believe in him) that all i do is state facts.

wen i mention games, im compairing them in there own class.. ex.im not going to compair a racing game to a rpg game, or a sports game to a fps game. a few of the games i mentioned are simply the best.

and the truth is, automobies should not be compaired to video games. if u now wat i mean. and by the way, just becaue that is how the mass majority of ppl buy autimobiles, doesnt mean its the best way.(dude,pleas dont comment on cars,because i now more about them then u)

and man, wat do u got some kinda insecurity issue's, wen i say rong side of the road, is in compairison to the roads around me... same as the oposite side of the road.
Old 7th January 2004, 22:31   #66
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
sorry dude if u misunderstood, but i swear to god(although i dont believe in him) that all i do is state facts.
I haven't heard you state one fact yet about video games. All I've heard you spew out so far are you own opinions.

Quote:
wen i mention games, im compairing them in there own class.. ex.im not going to compair a racing game to a rpg game, or a sports game to a fps game. a few of the games i mentioned are simply the best.
The best to who? You. It's your opinion. What about that do you not understand?

Quote:
and the truth is, automobies should not be compaired to video games. if u now wat i mean. and by the way, just becaue that is how the mass majority of ppl buy autimobiles, doesnt mean its the best way.(dude,pleas dont comment on cars,because i now more about them then u)
Was I comparing video games to automobiles? No. I was making a comparison about how people choose things to buy. Get your shit straight.

And don't assume to know more about something than someone else when you don't know what the other person knows. Assumption is the quickest way to have your ass handed to you.

Quote:
and man, wat do u got some kinda insecurity issue's, wen i say rong side of the road, is in compairison to the roads around me... same as the oposite side of the road.
Now you're seriously contradicting yourself. In your previous post you stated clearly:

Quote:
then ur prolly in a different country from the states... ex. like u drive on the rong side of the road.
How in the hell can roads around you be in a different country?

And no, I don't have an insecurity issue. I have an issue with people that think they know everything and assume they know more than other people when the truth is that they don't know what the hell they're talking about.
Old 7th January 2004, 22:41   #67
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Owned.
Old 7th January 2004, 23:12   #68
jolancer
Banned

ehh dude, if thats how u get ur kicks, im not gana try and stop ya.

i think its pritty clear though by ur own post, on ur mental capabilitys, and interpretation limitations.

but hey i will have to insist though that u give urself a labotomy or go live in a hole like sadom, if u drive a Tiburon and listen to Boy bands, cause that pritty much goes in line with wat u seem to like.. substance free.. lmao
Old 8th January 2004, 01:04   #69
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
ehh dude, if thats how u get ur kicks, im not gana try and stop ya.

i think its pritty clear though by ur own post, on ur mental capabilitys, and interpretation limitations.

but hey i will have to insist though that u give urself a labotomy or go live in a hole like sadom, if u drive a Tiburon and listen to Boy bands, cause that pritty much goes in line with wat u seem to like.. substance free.. lmao
What the hell are you talking about? I think "its pritty clear" that my "mental capabilitys" and interpretation limitations have absolutely nothing to do with the crap you're shovelling forth. Why don't you go find a dictionary and amend your "mental capabilitys"...
Old 8th January 2004, 01:27   #70
jolancer
Banned

Quote:
Why don't you go find a dictionary and amend your "mental capabilitys"...
sorry dude, im not offended, i already now im a bad speller... thats just the way i was born.. i have no inspiration to spell better - the more i read/write the more of a headache i get.

kinda like how u were born with the inability to judge a good game. or perhaps u have parkinsons, so the only controler that sticks in ur hands is that difformed peice of electronics that Cube calls a controller.
Old 8th January 2004, 01:46   #71
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
sorry dude, im not offended, i already now im a bad speller... thats just the way i was born.. i have no inspiration to spell better - the more i read/write the more of a headache i get.
Then why the hell are you posting to an online discussion forum? And I wasn't trying to offend you. I could care less about offending you. I was making a suggestion.

Quote:
kinda like how u were born with the inability to judge a good game. or perhaps u have parkinsons, so the only controler that sticks in ur hands is that difformed peice of electronics that Cube calls a controller.
Kinda like how you still don't understand the concept of opinion. Or perhaps you're just in denial of the fact that your taste in games suck? Or maybe you don't have any good information to back up your arguments, so you have to talk bad about Nintendo and myself just to make yourself feel better?

Get a life.
Old 8th January 2004, 02:11   #72
jolancer
Banned

<---no more comments from this end.

i never tryed to, but now realize its imposible to efectively explain things to a retarded person.
Old 8th January 2004, 02:23   #73
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
explain things to a retarded person...
Strike two.
Old 8th January 2004, 02:30   #74
jolancer
Banned

'strike 2'<-- wtf, i dont play ball with faggits, dont assume i would
Old 8th January 2004, 02:35   #75
sgtfuzzbubble011

Strike three.

Any subsequent reregistrations by yourself will result in an IP banning. Have a nice day.
Old 8th January 2004, 02:39   #76
TechBoy

TechBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2004, 06:17   #77
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Wondered how long he would last
Old 8th January 2004, 23:05   #78
sgtfuzzbubble011

I tried to be reasonable... but it's not possible to be reasonable with an unreasonable person.

He should feel special because he's the first person I've banned in well over a year. It actually takes quite a bit to make me do such a thing...
Old 13th January 2004, 00:35   #79
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! You got banned. I hate Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, and most of the Japanese style games on the PS2. Thats why I bought an XBox. Because I like the GAMES on it much better as well as the, Controller, GFX Card, HD, and Console design.

Its funny how stupid people can think they are smart and even when you reveal to them the truth they think that you are full of crap and they are supremely superior to you. Spelling is important.

Wow that was fun. People like him should come on here and get banned more often.

I'm Back?
Old 13th January 2004, 02:03   #80
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
Agreed.

it's a riot shield with 4 boat anchors hanging off the side
InvisableMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center