Old 19th December 2004, 12:22   #41
mark
Forum King

that sucks. i guess i'll keep the sp and save for a DS
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 21:42   #42
sgtfuzzbubble011

Good idea. It's not worth losing your SP for that. I've found that it's almost never worth it to trade anything in to a game store... especially used systems. The only thing I would even think about trading in at a game store would be old games that I NEVER play and don't particularly want to keep any longer.

Also, the Wal-Mart here is selling brand new Indigo and Glacier colored GBAs for $40. I guess they're trying to get them out of stock since the SP and DS are selling now.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 22:36   #43
mark
Forum King

i done the game thing to GET the SP....
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 22:44   #44
sgtfuzzbubble011

Ick...

Yeah. Save those pennies.
Old 21st December 2004, 16:52   #45
Talbain

Send a message via AIM to Talbain
I would guess that the Nintendo DS is basically a way to "fill in the gap" between major system releases, and to buff Nintendo a little bit against Sony and Microsoft.
Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2004, 01:00   #46
sgtfuzzbubble011

The DS is quite a bit more than a "fill in the gap" system. If you play one, you'll see just how much inovation and thought went into it.
Old 24th December 2004, 05:05   #47
Talbain

Send a message via AIM to Talbain
I wish I had the money to. I played with one at a Gamestop, and it seemed like a GBA with a PDA attached. I really liked the touchscreen feature.
Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2004, 19:22   #48
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

My bro got me a ds for christmas. i feel bad. (that guilt that always comes with getting what you consider a huge and expensive gift)

its really quite cool. using the little thumb thing, on the ds band that comes with it, on the touch screen ends up feeling like a really comfortable and appropriate midway between using a mouse and an analog stick. he got me mario 64 as well. controlling that game is just like playing the original when you first got your hands on it. all the same getting stuck on signs when your trying to run around them, all the same little things you had problems with or found easy when you first started playing original 64. and in the same fashion you get over them quick. soon your making posts and floating blue eye balls give up their coin. the graphics look like if the characters were built in and for the cube with textures that suit the ps one. in other words the graphics are really good especially since they avoid all the bending cutting and jumping that people like me have learned to relate to those textures.

on such a small format as long as the ds finds a way to have the same shiny game creatures and objects that most gamers have been spoiled with (tiger woods shinyness on his game or need for speed underground shinyness) it will do a bit of allright. >>that is unless people are not as stupid and closed minded as they have been recently; in light of the impending psp launch

hunters rocks as a fps too.

if you like video games at all and if it isnt a crazy sacrifice financially; if your reading this message from a 1000 dollar plus computer with half life or doom 3 eagerly beconing you from beyond your browser on your desktop; go get a ds... seriously. (if you can; they're all sold out here)

Omit Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2004, 20:33   #49
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Santa brought me one as well for xmas, hugs his DS...

/back to mario....
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2005, 03:04   #50
MaTTFURY
Major Dude

my friend is counting down the amount of days until it comes into australia, even at school "MATT ### OF DAYS TILL NINTENDO DS ARRIVES", *hands me 6 sheets of information on specs etc* ...

i am not normal, no really.
MaTTFURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2005, 13:55   #51
inthegray
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to inthegray
i am the idiot that decided to buy spiderman 2 with his ds, since they were out of mario 64 on launch day.

someone has successfully done a romdump of the metroid demo... only a few more months until everything is back up to speed.
inthegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2005, 01:44   #52
xenosomething
Major Dude

can't wait for warioware touched next month.

anyone get some really high scores in the mario64 rec room?

.........?.
xenosomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2005, 02:18   #53
electricmime
Major Dude

define really high.. though probably not.. i got bored with my ds after i got 150 stars... i cant wait til wario either.. or some other really good (or good looking) games get me playing it again

There is no reset button on life... but the graphics kick ass
electricmime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2005, 08:45   #54
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Yes, specify 'high scores'

I'm playing a Jap copy of mario64, it's not impossible to play, just takes a little longer sometimes

Ticked off that I didn't get a copy of the metroid demo with my DS , the DS came from Japan where it's not shipping with their units, wouldn't have minded having a look see at that, I keep seeing them on ebay going for silly money, I'll be stuffed if I'm paying big dollah for what is basically a demo cart, course if any nice forum members have got bored with their copies I'd be willing to make a donation to their favourite charity for it

Everyone is raving about wario, what's the big dealio?, never played any of the wario games on the GBA so I've missed the hype, my DS dealer over here has Jap copies of it in and he is raving about how good it is, even if the language is set to Japanese, he offered me a copy of it when the Ridge Racer I'd ordered was out of stock, but I said no as I'd found a bargain copy of RR on ebay that same day...
Old 4th January 2005, 12:18   #55
inthegray
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to inthegray
Warioware is just so different from anything out there, especially when it came out. now, the DS has Feel the Magic which is similar i hear. You should really check it out--you should have very little problems with it even if it is in Japanese.

Warioware isn't like any of the past wario games. It's basically just a bunch of random mini-games that get thrown at you with next-to-no explanation save a single word. You'll have about 3-5 seconds to figure out what task you have to accomplish, and then do it. It sounds like an "out there concept," but it's very, very fun--even more so when you've got friends around watching.

one of my favorite memories of the game was watching my girlfriend play while we were waiting to be seated at a restaurant, next to a crowd of old people. a game popped up where you were controlling a mosquito and a baby; she couldn't figure out what to do. i then yell out, "Bite the baby!" the old people gave me dirty looks.
inthegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2005, 12:32   #56
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Yeah, I heard about feel the magic, again my DS dealer has that for sale, he posted a review up which said something like he was blowing on the screen to push a sail boat around or something.

See how much the US version of wario comes out for and what I can import it for befoe deciding what to do, had enough fun reading Japanese in Mario, don't need any more right now, although the import copies of wario are fairly cheap so I would expect the US ones to be about the same in price.
Old 4th January 2005, 14:10   #57
electricmime
Major Dude

well... i believe they said (as for pricing) that american nintendo games would be $30, and american 3rd parties would be whatever they chose but no higher than $40

or at least thats how i understood it

warioware is great.. it sounds horrible in print, but is addictive as hell

There is no reset button on life... but the graphics kick ass
electricmime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2005, 23:19   #58
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
he posted a review up which said something like he was blowing on the screen to push a sail boat around or something.
That's the built-in microphone functionality being used, there. The mic picks up the sound from you blowing on it, and the boat moves accordingly.
Old 5th January 2005, 02:01   #59
xenosomething
Major Dude

just high scores that you think are pretty high...i dont know, just making conversation.

warioware is great...i've only played through emulation but it was still incredibly fun.

this is definitely one of those crazy nintendo ideas that sounds so stupid and gimmicky when you read/hear about it, but turns out to be such an incredibly fun game you will simply be in shock that something so off-the-wall crazy works so well.

also "warioware twisted!" for gba uses a motion sensor for games where you actually have to turn/rotate the actual gba unit to complete the "microgames"...very crazy...and i hear its compatible with the ds too.

.........?.
xenosomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center