• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sabine Klare
    Forum Queen
    • Nov 2010

I will check it out this week.

I have to do also many other things, and I have reminded myself, that as photo-artist I have to go also outside into parks, if the many stress does not keep me away from that.

I have discovered 2 more artist-software, 1 for free, 1 for online-banking, and this means, I have to edit my journal on deviantART and also my .txt-file "SabineKlare_Journals_Exerpt.txt". Maybe You have heard about "picogen.org" and "Universe Sandbox", too. And I had thought, I would have mentioned all image-software...
    Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
    Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
    AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
      • May 2016

I found flexi's "age of shading chaos" and made a Star Forge mashup titled "Acid Mandala", and was blown away, utterly beautiful. Its a darker variant of star forge so others may find it easier on the eyes, but its heavier on the patterns with more warping. I can't wait to tinker more with this preset and see if I can take it further. Also, I have an update for Star Forge that fixes a couple of minor things in the code (the visual impact should be minimal). I hope both of these presets are considered in winamp 5.8, and I must make clear that as I request that as these versions of Star Forge are considered that it be assumed they are superior to prior versions and need not be compared to previous versions, for convenience.

Enjoy!
      Attached Files
      Creativity turned into madness. And then back again.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
        Forum Queen
        • Nov 2010

Hello Fumbling_Foo,

I have downloaded them today. And then I will have more than 22500 presets in the presets folder, 2 more presets. It was just a matter of time, until my updated "List Of Skins And Presets" would be outdated again. It is more easy to update my slideshow-playlists with IrfanView than my .txt- and .html-files with the Winamp Info Tool by Koopa. Maybe I will add also 3 other presets with different filenames by Martin and Rovastar. I remember, that I had cut the very long filename of "Rovastar - Genetic Disaster" (9.43 KB) totally, I didn't leave the 14 words behind "Genetic Disaster". Maybe I should add "+ Rovastar 14x" instead of the name 14 times, then the filename would be short enough. We have talked about the problems with very long filenames on Windows Vista and Windows 7 also in this thread, some posts ago.

I am very happy with the very harmonic balance between the many preset authors, older and newer presets from 1999 to 2017. I have only excluded the very ugly 4478 presets by another preset author, because these edited versions had looked too disrupted, and they would disturb the harmony (also the filenames are annoying very often). I can store them seperately.

Now I wish You many success with Your new project and mashups...

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
          • May 2016

Thanks, Klare .

And here's Acid Mandala v1a, which will probably be the final version of this preset. There's just not much for me to tweak in the comp shader and it looks best at 8 fins. The only change here is a larger circle in the per-vertex code, which should make for a better outer layer to the "mandala". Again, I hope this version is considered in winamp v5.8.

Hey Mrs. Klare / anyone else, do you mind me asking what your favorite version of Star Forge was? V12 / 10 / 8 / 6 / 5 / other? I'm aware that the latest version may not necessarily be the best because of my newbiness (I sure hope it is and that its not a mess though because that's the one I'm submitting to winamp 5.8), and I'm kinda on the fence about v12 because it seems so busy on the screen. I might be able to make a vintage version of an older version of star forge with some improvements without the busyness that is in the warp shader if requested. I'm asking this because I made this preset for the community to enjoy and I want the best to be out there.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
            • May 2016

Just squashed another bug in the code, for the color of the waveform, which also seems to have improved the appearance a bit overall (more visibly for Star Forge). Updating for both, and it goes without saying I hope these latest versions are considered for winamp 5.8. Enjoy!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Sabine Klare
              Forum Queen
              • Nov 2010

Oh, it will be very difficult to answer the question. I didn't view yet the latest downloads from 22th April, yesterday and today. And I will need some time, if I should compare them all. Of course I saw some differences in the past, especially with some special versions. Maybe some more forums members could compare the presets. hakanh and xmuzack, I want to invite You, too.

Currently I have 22520 presests in the presets folder, this evening these will be at least 3 more presets. I am not really yet ready with that all. Also I have added 2 more SUI-Skins, once downloaded from 2 bigger websites, edited versions with a bigger .xml-file, with 1 more colortheme by Victhor. I needed to do the test, if the method of the manual editing works, and it works.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                Forum Queen
                • Nov 2010

Now I have to answer very quickly.

The higher the version numbers are, the better the presets are. Also some variations in some version numbers are very good. And I like also Acid Mandala.

22530 presets now, after I have discovered, that I have forgotten 7 Flexi Presets, which I had in a .zip-folder much longer on my harddrives. And again I have made the things more perfect...

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
                  • May 2016

Than you so much for going through the trouble to compare my presets, it means a lot to me, Klare . I'm very glad that the latest were the greatest, I was running blind and thought that maybe I was just a bit crazy in my mental illness and also being a newbie like me in my venture in treading forward with star forge, but now I am no longer insecure .

I noticed a little bit of a problem with my v12 lineup getting splotchy in places, and I believe I was able to fix that now with v13 !!! I worked on the shape code a bit and the beat/color code in the warp shader (I had a hunch that things would clear up if I did some work here). I hope v13 will now be the best version , along with the acid mandala update based on v13 (which changes very little with the update, for better or worse). Again, I hope these versions are considered in winamp 5.8. Sorry for saying like 5 times "this version is probably gonna be final", I always end up stumbling into something to improve, lol. But seriously though, after studying the preset for so long v13 is about where I want it for Star Forge. So guys don't hold your breath for a v14 and hopefully the bugs are worked out so no maybe v13a either.

Edit: I've also attached some screenshots
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Fumbling_Foo; 3 May 2017, 21:41.

Comment

• Victhor
                    Late skinner & Moderator
                    • May 2003

Awesome presets!!
                    · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
                      • May 2016

Thanks Victhor very much !!! I'm glad you liked these!
                      Last edited by Fumbling_Foo; 4 May 2017, 17:07.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                        Forum Queen
                        • Nov 2010

I hope, I can take a look already today, otherwise tomorrow.

Keep up Your good work!...

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
                          • May 2016

Thx Mrs. Klare !

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
                            • May 2016

After a couple of tweaks with the warp shader and the per frame code, the magic is back for Star Forge! It's looking very well done and professional to my eyes, and I can definitely say this is the best version yet without having to bother with screenshots (I'm burnt out on getting screenshots and hand-selecting the best ones, yada yada, etc.). I'm even enjoying Star Forge all over again with this new version. V13a is what v13 was meant to be. I definitely hope this latest version makes it to winamp 5.8. Cheers and enjoy!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                              Forum Queen
                              • Nov 2010

Yepp, today I have already updated my Slideshow-Playlists on Mediafire, and then I have seen, they are already outdated again...

And in the evening these will be 22607 instead of 22606 presets in my both Winamps on my PC & notebook, and to my ultra-archive with 51352 presets I will add one more preset. Of course there are also many dublicates of presets in the ultra-archive. I am hestitating, if I should add also the stuff from the ultra-archive and not only from the forums-downloads. Also if I would exclude the ugly presets and the dublicates, these could be over 40000 presets...

Because v13a has a bigger filesize than v13, I am sure, I will see a little difference. I am not sure, if I can report back this week, because I am also on holidays partially, but I say already: Keep up Your good work!...

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
                                • May 2016

I'm glad you took note of the file size, Klare. That's actually a mistake that crept in, where I copied the code from wave 1 to wave 3 and left it enabled (grrr). But in this case I'm going to consider it "Its not a bug but a feature" because it looks better with two waves with identical code working together rather than just one, even if its twice as inefficient. If it runs too slow somebody let me know and maybe I'll just double the opacity of the first waveform.

Edit: Actually, let me just disable wave 3 and double the opacity of wave 1 and update the version. Interesting how a bug like that can help guide development. The file size will still be larger because i've left the code under wave 3, just with the wave off.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X