Old 4th November 2013, 18:09   #1
Bryon Stout

SHOUTcast Authhash Management?

This is all new to me as I was always on 1.9 and now im on 2.0 DNAS. I am also on my first dedicated machine instead of renting a shoutcast package form a stream provider.

Can someone explain this selection in non technical terms?

Also in the "description" field. Where is the output? Where do people see this info?
Bryon Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 18:21   #2
DrO

use the v2.2 DNAS and everything about the authhash setup is described in the docs included with it. plus if you use v2.2 then it'll attempt to auto-generate it for you i.e. makes it like a v1.x setup as long as you're using the standard genres, otherwise you'll need to follow the docs on what to do.

and it's there to act as a fixed reference point so clustering in the Directory is simple and consistent (too many v1.x listings don't cluster correctly as not all of the DNAS are using the same information) and it makes it possible to maintain the stationid (as long as the type / bitrate don't change - then it'll get a new stationid by design) irrespective of changing IP addresses (though v2.2 sorts out using DNS items for listings so that should be used where possible instead of raw IP addresses).

currently the description field is not seen.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 18:26   #3
Bryon Stout

Thanks for the info DrO.

I have 2.0 currently and using centovacast3.0

I am not sure is 2.2 is supported with centovacast3.0, I will have to check.

Are there any disadvantages from me staying on 2.0 right now?
Old 4th November 2013, 18:52   #4
Bryon Stout

it also seems like I have to create authhash everytime my station auto dj gets restarted.

Im assuming with 2.2 it creates it automatically?
Old 4th November 2013, 20:50   #5
DrO

that is a known bug with v2.0 when certain things aren't done in the config file correctly as once created (and properly saved in the config file being used) then it'll keep being used as long as the DNAS knows about it. though as you're using a control panel for things, then maybe you can just replace the DNAS program file and see if it works, otherwise you're going to have to wait for them to update support for v2.2.
Old 4th November 2013, 20:54   #6
Bryon Stout

Yea this is what they told me...

"ShoutCast DNAS v2.2 is currently an unstable release (you can see that don't even has a official link for downloading in it's own website). As soon that the release is moved to a stable tier we'll be supporting this version also"
Old 4th November 2013, 20:58   #7
DrO

i wouldn't say unstable (v2.0 is the one to be calling unstable), it's just how things are being done at the moment it allows for it to be tested before the v2.2.1 release is pushed i.e. so if there are issues then things can be fixed _before_ it gets pushed in general. so hopefully for you, they're testing v2.2 now to make sure that things are ok (though i've not heard anything bar a few minor quirks so there shouldn't be much to do when i start back on the DNAS for the v2.2.1 release). though so far, everything you've questioned / said isn't working correctly is fixed in v2.2.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support