Old 19th June 2021, 19:50   #81
ariszlo
Major Dude

What happens if you replace pledit.bmp with this one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pledit.bmp
Views:	103
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	54797  

Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2021, 20:03   #82
Calvaria

That did it!!!
But I coudn't fine any xml or .m that references pledit.bmp, how does it work?
Calvaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2021, 21:07   #83
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvaria View Post
That did it!!!
But I coudn't fine any xml or .m that references pledit.bmp, how does it work?
It does not have to be referenced. If it is there, Winamp will use it. I had not really known why Quinto had that file until you eliminated all the png's and xml's.

Normally, you would color those areas with the color defined for wasabi.window.background but it seems PeterK. thought differently.

I googled for "pledit.bmp" "modern skin" and the only info I found about using pledit.bmp in modern skins was on page 21 of the ClassicPro template manual.

Old 19th June 2021, 21:43   #84
Calvaria

And I found some stuff here: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?p=951257#pledit
But neither source explains the only thing that matters to me: where this file is referenced (you explained it).
Ok, so I just got rid of the file and it solved my problem. Thanks a lot! Without you this would have remained an unsolvable mystery for me.

I have two more things with PE:
1) its minimum width is greater than I need (and seems greater than in other skins), how can I decrease it? (I have removed the album cover section from PE and removed all buttons, leaving just a basic PE.)

2) I would like to make the title bar of PE thinner (vertically). The simple way to do this is by setting PE's scale to 75% or 50%, but then for some reason PE loses the ability to be stretched down (a bug?).
Another way is to delete this line: <script file="SCRIPTS\17-playlist-editor.maki" in playlist editor.xlm, but then all the borders disappear and it becomes impossible to resize or move the playlist editor.
Is there any other way?
Old 20th June 2021, 08:25   #85
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
That is for Classic skins. It has nothing to do with Quinto, which is a modern skin. Classic skins are built from bmp's and txt's. Modern skins are built from png's, xml's and makis. Look inside winamp5.51_classic_base_skin.zip to see the difference.

Quote:
Thanks a lot! Without you this would have remained an unsolvable mystery for me.
You are welcome.

Quote:
1) its minimum width is greater than I need (and seems greater than in other skins), how can I decrease it?
Change the value of minimum_w in the layout section. And look for high values of w elsewhere, too, e.g. in group.pe.buttons.

Quote:
2) I would like to make the title bar of PE thinner (vertically).
  • If you are using group.frame.noframe then change the height of noframe.top.center in elements.xml.
  • If you are using group.frame.standard or group.pe.playback then change the height of frame.top.center.

Old 20th June 2021, 12:01   #86
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
  • If you are using group.frame.noframe then change the height of noframe.top.center in elements.xml.
  • If you are using group.frame.standard or group.pe.playback then change the height of frame.top.center.
There is more to do. Say you reduced the height of frame.top.center from 31 to 24. The difference is 7 pixels.

Open standardframe.xml and find this line, which sets the position and size of the content area:
PHP Code:
<script file="SCRIPTS\23-standard-frame.maki" param="31/31/-62/-62/0/0/1/1"/> 
This is how you read the 8 parameters:
  1. the x of the content area (31 pixels from the left edge of the window)
  2. the y of the content area (31 pixels from the top edge of the window)
  3. the width of the content area (62 pixels less than the width of the window)
  4. the height of the content area (62 pixels less than the height of the window)
  5. is the value of x a relative value? 0 = no, 1 = yes
  6. is the value of y a relative value? 0 = no, 1 = yes
  7. is the width relative? 0 = no, 1 = yes
  8. is the height relative? 0 = no, 1 = yes
Now, if you reduced the height of frame.top.center to 24 then you should
  • also reduce the second parameter to 24
  • and change the fourth parameter to -55.
If you want to, you can change the size of the title text in the groupdef of group.titlebar.

Old 20th June 2021, 21:35   #87
Calvaria

I changed the width of of everything in playlist-editor.xml that had a width of greater than 200, but it didn't help.
With PE titlebar height it's more complicated. First, as far as I understand I need to change not just center, but also left and right. But even so it only changes the black layer of the titlebar (I had eliminated this layer before by renaming window-frame.png but now reinstated it). The underlying (dark blue in my case) layer stays the same width.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	85
Size:	384 Bytes
ID:	54798  
Old 21st June 2021, 08:27   #88
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quinto Black CT is a highly complex skin. And it seems you want to make it simpler by getting rid of some of its features that make it what it is. That's the wrong approach. Why not start learning skinning with a simpler skin such as Winamp Classic Modern? First you just replace its png's then read its xml's and m's and when you understand all, you can start porting Quinto's features into it.

Old 21st June 2021, 12:34   #89
Calvaria

It might have been an easier approach if taken from the very start. Now that I am 99% done, it's too late. Anyway, I can live with that.
Probably my last question: Is it possible to edit the colors of the File Info (Alt+3) window and Edit Item Metadata (Shift+E) window? In playlist-editor.xml there is groupdef id="group.pe.fileinfo" which looks like the right place, but it doesn't seem to change anything.
Old 21st June 2021, 18:21   #90
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
It might have been an easier approach if taken from the very start. Now that I am 99% done, it's too late. Anyway, I can live with that.
OK. I wrote what I wrote because answering your previous question would require decomposing a very complex structure, removing some of its elements and building a new structure from the remaining elements without breaking other parts of the skin, which, even if you are well-versed in xml and maki scripting would take more time than I have.

Quote:
Probably my last question: Is it possible to edit the colors of the File Info (Alt+3) window and Edit Item Metadata (Shift+E) window?
Those are standard Windows windows, not Winamp windows, so you can only change their colors by changing the colors of Windows. This is what I have found about it:
How to change text and background color in Windows 10

Old 21st June 2021, 19:15   #91
Calvaria

Yes, I perfectly understand, it's not worth the trouble. Thanks a lot for your help! Should I come across some other skinning issue, I'll write here.
Old 21st June 2021, 20:26   #92
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
Yes, I perfectly understand, it's not worth the trouble. Thanks a lot for your help! Should I come across some other skinning issue, I'll write here.
Yes, please do.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins