Old 26th February 2011, 21:04   #1
littleroot

Keyboard shortcut to stop track in playlist?

Hi gang,

I just got the free version of 5.6 today and have not use this prog since Windows 98(!). I chose it today because of a feature which lets me have a playlist that will stop at the end of each track. Ran into an issue though:

I am volunteering as an audio playback tech for a theater group and during rehearsals I need to be able to start and stop tracks, jump to a differnt track, very quickly. I was hoping to be able to use keyboard shortcuts for this.

While I select a track in the playlist and press Enter to play, if I want to stop it seems WinAmp requires me to grab the mouse and click on the player to stop or highlight the player and press the V key. Press Enter again causes the track to start over - not what I want (Well, if I could have say the spacebar stop the track, and then pressing Enter started the track at the top again that would be useful).

What would be awesome is if the Enter key acted as a stop/start toggle in the playlist window. Then I could press enter to stop, arrow to the desired next track and press enter again to play the new selected track. It's not too critical to quickly restart the track as much as it is to be able to just slap the spacebar and make it stop immediately.

At the moment it seems like I gotta jump back and forth between the player and the playlist which is not as slick as it could be.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Bob
littleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
playlist keyboard stop