Old 2nd February 2020, 00:54   #1
Kemo

Stream is not broadcasting from ShoutCast servers

I'm having this issue once again. I'm sending my stream out, but nothing is being played back. Hoping I can get someone here to help since SC won't reply to my emails...even though I'm a paying customer.

Here's what I use:

Windows 10
Winamp v. 5.666 Build 3516 (x86)
ShoutCast Source DSP v2.3.5 [build 222]

I've been using this same set up for 3 years now. I know it's the super easy way to broadcast, and I'm too stupid to try the others..apparently.

It's like a crap shoot every week. I broadcast a show once a week on Saturday nights.
I've been using Automatic Mode...then it crapped out a few weeks ago, so I switched to legacy v.1. And that's not working tonight either.

Here's my last log:

2020-02-01 19:44:00 Connecting to... Server: masterv2.shoutcast.com; Port: 8000; Mode: v1; Stream ID: n/a; DJ / User ID: xxxxxx
2020-02-01 19:44:00 Sending Cipher Request
2020-02-01 19:44:00 Receiving Authorization Response
2020-02-01 19:44:00 Sending YP Information

Any ideas?
Kemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020, 10:10   #2
LStratmann

Hey,
Ever thought about using the latest version?
LStratmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020, 19:50   #3
Kemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LStratmann View Post
Hey,
Ever thought about using the latest version?
I thought about it, but I don't know how to properly set it up.

And I can't find a download link on the ShoutCast main page. Legacy support is included in my pricing plan. I'm paying for SC for Business and it's a crap shoot every week on whether or not my stream it going to be broadcasted.
Old 2nd February 2020, 22:59   #4
o0alexrayden0o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
I'm having this issue once again. I'm sending my stream out, but nothing is being played back. Hoping I can get someone here to help since SC won't reply to my emails...even though I'm a paying customer.
Welcome to the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
Here's what I use:

Windows 10
Winamp v. 5.666 Build 3516 (x86)
ShoutCast Source DSP v2.3.5 [build 222]

I've been using this same set up for 3 years now. I know it's the super easy way to broadcast, and I'm too stupid to try the others..apparently.

It's like a crap shoot every week. I broadcast a show once a week on Saturday nights.
I've been using Automatic Mode...then it crapped out a few weeks ago, so I switched to legacy v.1. And that's not working tonight either.

Here's my last log:

2020-02-01 19:44:00 Connecting to... Server: masterv2.shoutcast.com; Port: 8000; Mode: v1; Stream ID: n/a; DJ / User ID: xxxxxx
2020-02-01 19:44:00 Sending Cipher Request
2020-02-01 19:44:00 Receiving Authorization Response
2020-02-01 19:44:00 Sending YP Information

Any ideas?
From what you write, there seems to be a problem with YPs.
As you can read from my thread, I also have problems with YP (different from yours, but always YP), and I too like you await answers from technical support. 5 days have passed since I opened tickets, and 3 days from the only response received.
A slowness in the answers I could also understand (and not so much) as for me because I am freemium, but for you who are even paying ... unheard of!
All of this is truly frustrating. Personally I had started having fixed listeners at certain time slots, which are very important for a newborn radio, and now I will certainly have lost them. All of this is particularly frustrating.
o0alexrayden0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2020, 19:08   #5
outpostradio

Seeing same problems

I am seeing these problems and others. I have a group of 11 stations. For a long time, all have appeared and played fine on the Shoutcast directory. Yesterday and today, about half of them can't be found or don't play. Similarly, I have the html web player on my stations public pages. About half of them aren't working now.

I have a new station created about a week ago which just began streaming yesterday. I have put the authhash in sc_serv.conf, but the admin page still shows 'please register authhash'.

On the dashboard, ALL of my stations display "No stream URL available"

Apparently, the whole Shoutcast directory/database is completely wedged. I wonder if anyone there has noticed.

Yes, I have reported this to support. Naturally, I have had no response.
outpostradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2020, 20:25   #6
LStratmann

It indicates that no StreamURL is present because no connection to the YP can be established at this time. Support already knows about this. Quote:
Quote:
We are currently investigating similar reported issues with the directory.
LStratmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2020, 00:20   #7
Kemo

Thank you all for the replies.

I did a Windows update this morning, after I rebooted my computer, I connected to the SC servers this morning/afternoon to check it out for my show tonight, and it connected fine. Now, I'm 30 minutes away from my show, and I'm getting nothing again.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support