Old 20th July 2017, 18:20   #1
xmuzack

6 new presets

Still messing around with presets and wanted to share a few I've done. These are mixes cause I can't do the math for totally brand new ones. But hopefully these are different than what you may be used too. Anyway, the more presets the better.

From clockwise from the top left:
  • xmuzack + cope - milkboom
  • xmuzack + martin - blue spectrum in motion
  • xmuzack + flexi - fasten your seatbelts cause it's time to fly high
  • xmuzack + cope - do you feel it yet
  • xmuzack + mic h - strip lounge
  • xmuzack + martin + mic h + Mstress Jumpy - neon danceclub

Sabine Klare, I tried my best to do a spectrum like your post in :

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....05#post3078205

Couldn't get a picture to work, but I did manage to get a moving background to Nitorami's simple spectrum in blue. That would be the blue spectrum in motion preset. Wish milkdrop could show a song name for a preset. Oh well.

I think I got everyone's names referenced right.
  • In the zip file there are 6 presets and 2 texture files. Put the presets in your milkdrop preset folder and the 2 texture files in your milkdrop texture folder. The names shouldn't conflict with the other textures.

Milkdrop, still whippin the LLama's ass!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xmuzack 6 presets.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	53381  
Attached Files
File Type: zip xmuzack 6 presets.zip (185.8 KB, 93 views)
xmuzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2017, 15:08   #2
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Hello xmuzack,

nice to see You here.

I have downloaded the screenshot and the .zip-folder, and I have copied the content to a new open folder. I will take that all home. I will try to check out the new presets in the following days. The many thunderstorms force me to turn off my Workstation PC at home very often, but I can check the presets also on my notebook. Currently I am sitting in the computer-room of the meeting-point, and we can play Electronic Music only from YouTube, SoundCloud & Co.

Of course I can't wait until I will finally see "blue spectrum in motion" and the other presets, with and without one of my 4 semi-transparent music-words in the neverending rotation. And I say already: Keep up Your good work!...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 03:38   #3
xmuzack

2 spectrums with moving background edits

Still here, Sabine Klare. Thanks, and still loving Winamp.

I modified a project that was started by butterbeaster, and I was finally able to get a spectrum with moving picture background using Nitorami's simple spectrum in blue. So, if anyone is interested:

xmuzack + martin + butterbeaster - howl at the spectrum

xmuzack + martin + butterbeaster - roses and spectrum

You can add your own pic of your choosing for the background. Just change the name. i.e.: blank.jpg and background1.jpg for example.

You can see the clouds and moon repeat a bit in Howl at the spectrum.milk. More noticable in fullscreen. No idea how to fix that. Roses and spectrum.milk is seamless.

Have a good weekend Winampers.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	xmuzack + martin + butterbeaster - howl at the spectrum.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	53385   Click image for larger version

Name:	xmuzack + martin + butterbeaster - roses and spectrum.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	53386  
Attached Files
File Type: zip xmuzack + martin + butterbeaster - howl at the spectrum.zip (201.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: zip xmuzack + martin + butterbeaster - roses and spectrum.zip (708.6 KB, 50 views)
Old 25th July 2017, 20:49   #4
xmuzack

Seamless clouds for howl at the spectrum.milk

If anyone is interested, here's a seamless cloud background you can use for the xmuzack + martin + butterbeaster - howl at the spectrum preset I posted above. Makes it look better imo.

Just replace the one in your texture folder.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	background2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	53398  
Old 25th July 2017, 21:04   #5
xmuzack

2 new presets...

Here's 2 new presets that's very responsive to your music using a grey background. I was wanting a minimal look here to go with a dark/grey Winamp skin I'm using.

xmas in july:

Yes Christmas, lol

study of fighting fireflies:

2 presets in the zip file. The xmas_tree.jpg is for the xmas in july.milk.
Names of the preset artists I mixed are named.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	xmuzack + martin + Geiss + QBikal + cope + Zylot + $$$ Royal - xmas in july.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	53400   Click image for larger version

Name:	xmuzack + martin - QBikal + EVET + Eo.S + Rovastar + Loadus + Geiss - study of fighting fireflie.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	53401  
Attached Files
File Type: zip xmuzack - studies in grey background.zip (57.2 KB, 42 views)
Old 26th July 2017, 03:36   #6
xmuzack

Didn't like the grey backgrounds afterall

Didn't realize that in full screen the grey gradient background have lines in it. So I redid the two presets in a black background which I much prefer now. So for anyone interested:

xmuzack + martin + Geiss + QBikal + cope + Zylot + $$$ Royal - xmas in july (ZeroTrinity remix)

xmuzack + martin - QBikal + EVET + Eo.S + Rovastar + Loadus + Geiss - study of fighting fireflies (sentinals copper edit)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	xmuzack + martin + Geiss + QBikal + cope + Zylot + $$$ Royal - xmas in july (ZeroTrinity remix).jpg
Views:	303
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	53404   Click image for larger version

Name:	xmuzack + martin - QBikal + EVET + Eo.S + Rovastar + Loadus + Geiss - study of fighting fireflie.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	53405  
Attached Files
File Type: zip xmuzack studies in not-grey.zip (57.3 KB, 38 views)
Old 28th July 2017, 15:22   #7
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Unfortunately currently I can download only the single-files, but not the .zip-folders. I had mentioned the problems also here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=27556

Can the other true fans of Winamp & Milkdrop download the .zip-folders from the forums without problems?

Please give me some feedback about my problems, if it is possible. If I am the only-one user with this problem, then I need to find another solution.

I wish You already a nice weekend. Somewhen we will see us next week...

Old 28th July 2017, 21:46   #8
Nitorami
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nitorami
No problem with zip files here. I use win 10 and firefox 52.2.1.
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2017, 01:53   #9
xmuzack

Sabine Klare,

Sabine Klare, I can share the files separate for you. Sucks that you have issues with zip files though. I'll upload the latest versions that I have though. I have the same setup as Nitorami, Win 10 with Firefox.

These are the same from post: http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...66&postcount=6

Edit: crap! uploading this way cuts off the names of longer files.

xmuzack + martin - QBikal + EVET + Eo.S + Rovastar + Loadus + Geiss - study of fighting firefli.milk is supposed to say xmuzack + martin - QBikal + EVET + Eo.S + Rovastar + Loadus + Geiss - study of fighting fireflies (sentinals copper edit).milk

You can rename it if you want. It'll still work if you just leave it as is of course

Sabine Klare, I'm pretty sure the issue is with Windows Defender. Don't know why it blocks you. I, myself have it disabled and I use Comodo internet security instead. It's free and I've never had problems with it for the many years I used it. Firewall and anti-virus.

In case you're interested, you can find it here: Comodo internet security
Old 29th July 2017, 02:09   #10
xmuzack

Let's party!

There's a new preset from Nitorami, so there's cause to celebrate. You can find it here: http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=357

The speaker milkboom preset I shared in post #1, I ended up not liking it. Didn't move right and it felt sort of bland. So I had to tweak it till I loved it. This is much, much improved imho. Toss the old version away! So happy weekend Winampers!

xmuzack + cope + Zylot - milkboom (let's party edit)

*If you don't have it, you'll need to put the winamp_woofer.jpg into the Milkdrop texture folder for this to work.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	winamp_woofer.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	53422   Click image for larger version

Name:	xmuzack + cope + Zylot - milkboom (let's party edit).jpg
Views:	280
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	53423  
Attached Files
File Type: milk xmuzack + cope + Zylot - milkboom (let's party edit).milk (7.6 KB, 41 views)
Old 29th July 2017, 09:18   #11
Nitorami
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nitorami
Hi xmuzack

I agree that one looks much better.
Here a few hints :
- I would aspect correct the woofer to avoid the ellipse distortion. This is done when sampling the image in the warp shader. See attached.
- "q1 = q1 + something;" may not do what you expect because the q variables are automatically reset at each frame. This is the same for all other inbuilt variables such as zoom, rot, dx, dy, dx, sy etc. Anything you add to these variables only works in this frame but is forgotten in the next one. This is different for your own variables which are remembered over frames.
The q variables are initialised to zero at each frame, the others to the value defined in the milk file. That may result in unexpected behaviour. e.g. when zoom=2 in the milk file, and you define zoom = zoom+0.1, it will be 2.1. Always define these variables properly yourself by explicitly saying zoom = 1.1, rather than adding something to a possibly unknown initialisation value.
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 00:48   #12
xmuzack

Thanks for the hints Nitorami. Means a lot. I'm going to study the differences between the two .milk files and the texture section in the MILKDROP preset authoring guide which I'm still scratching my head while reading through it. It's rocket science, written by those waaaaaaay smarter than me, but I'm having fun with it.
Old 31st July 2017, 01:00   #13
xmuzack

Yet another new preset

I can stare at this preset for hours and hours and hours....

xmuzack + martin + Mig + Eo.S. - look inside the stained glass flame
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	xmuzack + martin + Mig + Eo.S. - look inside the stained glass flame.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	53430  
Attached Files
File Type: milk xmuzack + martin + Mig + Eo.S. - look inside the stained glass flame.milk (7.6 KB, 49 views)
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:57   #14
xmuzack

Hi all, I was just informed by a very experienced and helpful coder that my xmuzack + flexi - fasten your seatbelts cause it's time to fly high in post #1 has very high CPU load. So, it is in your best interest to stop using that preset until I can figure out how to clean it up.

Sorry for any confusion on this. I still have a lot to learn about Milkdrop...
Old 2nd August 2017, 14:27   #15
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Thank You for re-posting the single-files, xmuzack. And I have renamed one of the presets, so that it has the original filename now.

I am missing yet these 2 presets from post #3:
xmuzack + martin + butterbeaster - howl at the spectrum.milk
xmuzack + martin + butterbeaster - roses and spectrum.milk
and I am missing these 2 presets from post #5:
xmas in july
study of fighting fireflies
because since post #3 I don't have the .zip-folders. I have only the .zip-folder from post #1 in Your thread.

But I have already the screenshots from post #3 to post #6, and they are very impressive. I have background2.jpg from Your post and the textures with the roses, rosebackground.jpg and rosebackgroundwithframe.jpg from another thread (for knockknock.jpg I use a replacement texture with the blue islands). The moon in the first screenshot in post #3, is that from a random texture or is that a special texture? If it is a special texture, then it should be posted, too.

I have created already some empty folders, to where the content of the .zip-folders should come some day. I don't know when my issues will be solved.

About Your issues, I am sure, that soon a fixed version will come out:
xmuzack + flexi - fasten your seatbelts cause it's time to fly high (fixed).milk

I think, You have already seen my newest screenshots on deviantART, and this year I had uploaded also some of my older screenshots (only the best). At home Frank and I are so lonely since 24th December 2014, and our unknown enemies are responsible for that. Currently I am sitting in the computer-room of the meeting-point while I am writing my post, and I cannot do so much. For this week some of the dates have been cancelled. Of course I dislike our unkown enemies who have thrown me into this situation, but on the other side I have more time to work on my ideas as artist, if the many thunderstorms would not slow me down so often.

BTW, Your screenshots promise very much. And keep up Your good work!...

Old 2nd August 2017, 15:29   #16
xmuzack

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, Sabine Klare. I would love to check out your deviantART page. Do you have a link to it? It's not on your profile I see,

I'm about to share one more preset here, and then I need to study more on how to make presets and mashups better and cleaner. I'm very much a noob at doing this still.

Then I'll make a post for you without the zip files. Hope you can get that issue solved.
Old 2nd August 2017, 15:33   #17
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I feel happy to hear, that You are interested for my profile on deviantART, where I am with my artist-name Sternenmaschinebine:
http://sternenmaschinebine.deviantart.com/

And I am sure, You will like my gallery, my favourites and my journals, although I was not able to update my journals for a while (but I don't want to use the Stash Writer). But at least I am still focussed on my ideas as artist, and since some months these are random textures and desktop wallpapers. I have already some new ideas.

I myself have between 4000 and 5000 Winamp-Screenshots, but also many other good screenshots, and of course I cannot upload them all.

BTW, right now some good Dub Techno on YouTube is running, and unfortunately there is no Winamp in the computer-room. But at least there is the Butterchurn Visualizer for Firefox & Chrome.

Old 2nd August 2017, 15:48   #18
xmuzack

Last preset for a bit: high chemistry of life

Hi all, this will be my last preset for awhile cause I need to study the preset-authoring-guide more so I can get rid of mistakes I make. But I have this new preset that I want to share with you all. I had the texture as a background on my laptop for awhile now, and had the idea to Milkify it. The original background can be found here: original wallpaper

Also, does anyone have any tips on how to find unused bits of code in a preset?

It runs smooth on my cheap laptop, so there shouldn't be any issues running it. I also left the texture to be able to be stretched, warped and mashed to different sizes. Also, might not be to everyone's tastes obviously, but I wanted to try something very different with this preset.

xmuzack + martin + Flexi + Stahlregen & bdrv + fiSHbRAiN + Geiss + shifter - high chemistry of life

Place the bong1.jpg texture into your Winamp texture folder for this to work.

Have a good week Winampers!
Old 2nd August 2017, 15:50   #19
xmuzack

Thanks for the link, Sabine Klare. I'll check it out. Uh oh, my newest post is in moderation.
Old 3rd August 2017, 13:49   #20
xmuzack

xmuzack's high chemistry of life preset

Hi all, I have this new preset that I want to share with you all. I had the texture as a background on my laptop for awhile now, and had the idea to Milkify it. The original background can be found here: original wallpaper

It runs smooth on my cheap laptop, so there shouldn't be any issues running it. I also left the texture to be able to be stretched, warped and mashed to different sizes. Nitorami, I have to say that I prefer my version of milkboom because the speaker shrinks and stretches to fit any sized window and the effects stays inside the speaker. I do thank you for teaching me about constraining an image size.

xmuzack + martin + Flexi + Stahlregen & bdrv + fiSHbRAiN + Geiss + shifter - high chemistry of life

Have a good week Winampers! :)
Old 3rd August 2017, 17:38   #21
xmuzack

Am I not allowed to post any more presets here all of a sudden? Also, I realized that if I try downloading my zip files from here, they don't finish downloading. So, Sabine Klare, it's not just you then, because I know my computer is fine and this is the only place I'm having problems with zip files.

I have my newest preset here: xmuzack's high chemistry of life and I'll upload the rest there and other presets I may do.

Sabine Klare, try downloading the zip from my deviantart page posted above and see if you can download from there. I hope that helps.

Anyways, take care Winampers!
Old 3rd August 2017, 17:45   #22
Fumbling_Foo

I'm having the same problem as well, I just made a post with v15 of Star Forge and it seems to have went off to moderation and didn't appear. Is there a problem with virulent spam on the forums? BTW, great work on creating a preset that you can view for hours, hope you take it further and further and make it more and more enjoyable . The preset has a lot of dynamic range to the music that can be expanded on as well.

Edit: Try posting the milk file only, if possible. It seems that posts with zip files or images go to moderation.

Like my avatar? Check out my Star Forge preset project .
Fumbling_Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 15:24   #23
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Hello xmuzack,

from deviantART I was able to download the .zip-folder without problems. This means, I could download also new free downloadable music from Bandcamp or from the Internet Archive.

Now I know, for a while I will not post new images and new .zip-folders as attachments anymore. In my journal "Winamp forever - Music forever!!!" I have links to my own single-files and to my own .zip-folders, and sometimes I update them on Mediafire.

Fumbling_Foo, that's a good idea to post only the.milk-files for a while. For Your screenshots I suggest other websites, for example deviantART.

The latest posting of a .txt-file was on 7th July, and I was able to post it without problems in the thread "The day of reckoning for adobe flash moves closer":
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=381531&page=2

BTW, You can read my thanks for one of the presets also here in "What are you listening to right now?":
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....85#post3139185

Old 5th August 2017, 19:18   #24
xmuzack

Hi Fumbling_Foo, thanks for the compliment. Looks like our moderation issues was solved. I need to learn patience, mods have lives too, lol. Sorry for the double post.

Sabine Klare, glad you were able to download from deviantart with no issues, so it has to be a small glitch here.

Nitorami, I realized that your clouds in your preset castle in the air was done by programing noise effects. Amazing stuff!
Old 24th September 2017, 16:24   #25
xmuzack

Cassini’s last stand

On September 15, 2017, Cassini ended it's amazing mission to Saturn that lasted over 19 years. It's mission lead us to new discoveries about Saturn and gave us hundreds of amazing pictures of Saturn and it's moons. Cassini Wiki Now NASA has released Cassini's final moments as it crashed through Saturn's atmosphere in a milk file format.

Actually I was holding on to this preset for awhile until it was ready to be released. This is based on Nitorami's shape awesome coding found in the simple planet study preset. I had problems with at first due to a permanent blob shape in the bottom left hand corner of the screen in shape codes 1 & 3. I would get rid of it, but then everything would become extremely repetitive. It took looking at Nitorami's coding in the smooth spectrum analyser - mono 16 channels preset for me to begin to solve this. It worked, yay!

So, enough rambling, here's the preset: Works great with fast and slow music and even with silence.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	xmuzack + martin + derekwhitton95 + skipper - Cassini’s last stand.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	53551  
Attached Files
File Type: milk xmuzack + martin + derekwhitton95 + skipper - Cassini’s last stand.milk (9.5 KB, 25 views)
Old 26th September 2017, 13:51   #26
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Astronomy belongs also to my own interestings, and I am very fascinated, if I hear about the next discoveries in the TV-news. And the computer-animated video-scenes about the other planets, nebulas and galaxies in the universe are so beautiful.

The beautiful slow flights over the planets which are neverending, I love them so much, and I could watch them again and again. We have some good planet-flight-scenes, with fluid and non-fluid surfaces. And after some volcanic surfaces we could visit also some ice-surfaces and the undersea-worlds, the oceans on the other planets.

I want to continue with my musical journeys over the Everlands already this evening...

Old 27th September 2017, 13:37   #27
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I had to rename Your newest preset from "xmuzack + martin + derekwhitton95 + skipper - Cassini’s last stand.milk" to "xmuzack + martin + derekwhitton95 + skipper - Cassinis last stand.milk", because Windows didn't allow me to copy the preset with the old filename into my .zip-folders. After doing that I have backed up again my .zip-folders from my PC onto the USB-Sticks and onto my notebook.

I had so many works at my PC, and then it was very late, I had to go to bed.

Next evening, next try with my musical journey over the Everlands...

Old 27th September 2017, 23:55   #28
xmuzack

Organic movements

Add a texture to martin - fresco flash awesome preset, add what has quickly became my favorite piece of code: rot=rot+0.09*sin(time*-3.3+rad*11)*(1.3-rad) in the per_pixel section, and I am simply amazed at this preset. Can almost hear the shallow waves...

The things Milkdrop can be capable of. It actually looks like muscles moving organically underneath a layer of skin. Doesn't react to the music, but I set it as a screensaver on my second monitor by using the method shown here: Run Milkdrop without music and desktop mode fix. Awesome bit of coding by Nitorami that keeps on giving.

Sabine Klare, I too enjoy going on musical journeys. Maybe that's why I always have Winamp+Milkdrop running in the background.

Toss jellyfish.jpg in your texture folder and the milk file in with the presets and you should be good to go. Now don't step on the jellyfish, they might sting.

xmuzack + martin - creatures of the incoming tide.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	xmuzack + martin - creatures of the incoming tide.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	53564   Click image for larger version

Name:	jellyfish.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	53565  
Attached Files
File Type: milk xmuzack + martin - creatures of the incoming tide.milk (10.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 29th September 2017, 14:26   #29
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

The jellyfish.jpg will go into textures and the preset will go into presets, of course. And now I am thinking of the beautiful movie "Deep Blue" and the beautiful serial "The Blue Planet" by BBC, with very good music by George Fenton, with very magic and mystic choirs (I have my music-playlist "Magic Choirs & Voices" on YouTube). I had seen these jellyfishes also there...

Currently I have good Dub Techno running on YouTube. Today I will have 1 less hour in the meeting-point, but this time I will have a longer weekend. Okay, then I could dive into the Deep Ocean and take a look again to all the beautiful lifeforms there.

Oceana, I will come...

Old 29th September 2017, 17:41   #30
PsyQu1k

loll amazing, that deep Bioluminescent creature render surprisingly well dude.
Hope to see it react to music! that would be impressive and funny as F*beeeeep

don't give up on that "muscle" idea xmuzack
PsyQu1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2017, 09:31   #31
shani32368

If you have problem regarding fileice survey, you must visit this page - <a href="https://www.howtocrazy.com/how-to-bypass-fileice-survey-bypass-trick/" rel="dofollow">Bypass Fileice Survey</a> It is working in android and windows also.
shani32368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2017, 09:32   #32
shani32368

Bypass Fileice Survey Bypass Trick

https://www.howtocrazy.com/how-to-by...-bypass-trick/
shani32368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2017, 00:55   #33
xmuzack

PsyQu1k, Sabine Klare, you all might enjoy the newest preset in the graphic equalizer thread.

PsyQu1k, trust me, you're a way better coder than I am. There's no way I could code like how you do. I'm still very much stumbling my way around. Coding Milkdrop is HARD! I just like looking at pretty pictures. People like Geiss, Flexi, Nitorami and others here are geniuses for all that I know.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets

Tags
flexi presets, martin presets, milkdrop, milkdrop presets, xmuzack