Old 30th November 2003, 19:38   #1
flintlock

Playlist feature desperately needed!

Can the format of the info in the playlist be changed? I don't see this in any wishlist, and it's been sorely needed for years. I would like to be able to control what information is displayed in the playlist. It would be nice if this was done in tag form, like have text box in the playlist preferences where you input:

<artist> - <title> (the current setting)
<artist> - <album> - <track> - <title> (would be nice) (note, if info for one of the tags is missing, the tags plus formatting before it (" - ") should be removed)

There are a lot of people who strip ID3 tags to force the playlist to show the filename only, which they've formatted to their taste. This method should be replaced with the above suggestion.
Old 30th November 2003, 20:32   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
Can the format of the info in the playlist be changed?
Not with the Winamp3 player, but yes... with Winamp 5.0
Quote:
I don't see this in any wishlist, and it's been sorely needed for years
It's been mentioned several times in the Winamp3 Wishlist, btw. But Winamp3 is effectively dead. Nothing more can be added to the Winamp3 Wishlist and Winamp3 Bug Reports forums, since both have been locked and all other Winamp3 forums (including this one) will also be locked and archived VERY SOON (a matter of days now), and will only be available for legacy support.

So, I suggest you uninstall Winamp3 and instead install the current release candidate of Winamp 5.0.

Read much more about that here.

See the attached screenshot of Winamp 5.0 Advanced Title formatting (wa5_advanced_title_display.gif).
Attached Images
File Type: gif wa5_advanced_title_display.gif (30.8 KB, 421 views)

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 30th November 2003, 23:15   #3
flintlock

Woo! Thanks. The new player looks great. I like the new Media Library a lot (might actually use it now).
Old 30th November 2003, 23:33   #4
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Yep. I agree. When I was using Winamp3, I had reinstalled it without ML support, since the ML in Winamp3 was so lacking. But the ML in Winamp 5.0 is indispensible!

Happy Winamping!

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion