Old 18th February 2004, 14:59   #1
barnie_bg

Sending a fullscreen command

How do you send a fullscreen command?
I know there's such a command in wa_msg_ids.h, but it does not seem to work when it is sent to the main Winamp window.

I realize that this may be treated as a command to the VIDEO window and not the main window, but I don't think this makes much sense, because there is also the visualization window, which most often is in the same place and one would want to have a common fullscreen command to both of them.

Also, it is not possible to send a command to the Video window with many IR remote control applications, because it is not on the top level: so why not accept it on the main window like everything else?

And, finally, how would you CATCH such a command? There's an item in the video context menu that sends the message, BUT the button on the left hand side sends a different one. Does this make sense? I want to use the same command for my plugin, but now it seems impossible to make certain it works for both video and TV from my plugin. I also want to make sure it works with other plugins, e.g. AutoVideoFullscreen (btw. how does this plugin do it?)
barnie_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2004, 15:17   #2
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

again, i think an example of this case is in the ml_www code in winamp discussion forum. it certainly has fullscreen as an option in its remote control functionality.

just a thought.

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2004, 20:08   #3
barnie_bg

Thanks. Too bad nobody mention "fullscreen" in the discussion, otherwise I would've found it with search.

I got what I needed, ml_www uses command 40337 to toggle video fullscreen, and it works.

wa_msg_ids.h does NOT mention this, on the other hand it has the following confusing definition:
#define VIDEO_FULLSCREEN 40329
which is actually sent by the context menu, also there are the IPC_VIDCMD definitions sent by the buttons... neither of these two sends the 40337 command...

So if I want to be sure to catch a fullscreen command, I have to watch for all three of these, correct? I'll assume this does it and go on to subclass that main window.
barnie_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2004, 20:52   #4
DrO

AutoVideoFullscreen uses the 40329 msg id and does a few state checks related to the receiving of the IPC_SETIDEALVIDEOSIZE message notification from the subclassed main winamp window.

and to you question, yes you would need to capture all messages and do it in a subclassed proc for the main winamp window. it's done that way since the main window is what drives the rest of winamp (right-click menus, etc) so it makes sense that way.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2004, 00:45   #5
DrO

just an update, i've realised that you were using wa_msg_ids.h - that file was created by me just before the full 5.02 language sdk came out. i'll update that asap and upload a new version (cheers CraigF)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development