Old 19th March 2008, 14:34   #1281
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
thats pretty good... as for my savvy shopping skills.

Old 21st March 2008, 23:55   #1282
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Light-up sign from Target; St. Patrick's Day clearance item, $10 even with my discount...It's got two sides to it...

I just need figure out where to put it...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 23rd March 2008, 08:30   #1283
Avion
Major Dude

new office chair

and a clear rubber mat for the chair to go on. it's very comfy
Old 23rd March 2008, 10:48   #1284
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
My ex and I used to like how those types of chairs had wheels but no arms.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
Old 23rd March 2008, 13:16   #1285
PulseDriver
w3 addict
(Major Dude)

Wiiiiiii

This:

09 F9 11 01 9D 74 E8 5B D8 41 56 C3 63 56 81 C0
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:38   #1286
Avion
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by k_rock923
My ex and I used to like how those types of chairs had wheels but no arms.
yeah I need those kind of chairs because I have a big black desk from ikea, and I need to bee very close. arms on the chair would prevent me from being close enough to put my arms on the table, unless I lowered the chair, but I find that gives me bad posture of my wrists.

all in all, good chairs
Old 23rd March 2008, 20:34   #1287
skryingbreath
Post initializing...

A Circular Polarizer and Neutral Density filter.
Old 23rd March 2008, 20:50   #1288
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Purchased these:

That's a 3 component input / 1 component output switch. Also handles optical audio. Will come in much handy with my 360/PS3.

Got these the other week:

Old 23rd March 2008, 21:46   #1289
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
The last thing I bought is an Airwhistle, pictured here...

As you can see above, the whistle is invisible, intangible, doesn't really do anything, and although you can't hear anything, I can guarantee that it makes no sound whatsoever, is worth absolutely nothing (even though I paid $3 for it), doesn't radiate any type of magic aura, and may not in fact exist.

But... it's the last thing I bought, and, I believe that is the point of this thread.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 23rd March 2008, 21:52   #1290
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
$76.38 in gasoline to fill the pickup.

22.8 gallons @ $3.35 per gal

Don't forget to live before you die.
Old 24th March 2008, 00:15   #1291
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Nunzio390
The last thing I bought is an Airwhistle, pictured here...

[snip]

as you can see above, the whistle is invisible, intangible, doesn't really do anything, and although you can't hear anything, I can guarantee that it makes no sound whatsoever, is worth absolutely nothing (even though I paid $3 for it), doesn't radiate any type of magic aura, and may not in fact exist.
Oh, but it's the perfect homeopathic treatment for tinnitus.
Old 24th March 2008, 02:03   #1292
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Avion
yeah I need those kind of chairs because I have a big black desk from ikea, and I need to bee very close. arms on the chair would prevent me from being close enough to put my arms on the table, unless I lowered the chair, but I find that gives me bad posture of my wrists.

all in all, good chairs

For other reasons, as well. Also, you could lean back in them pretty far with a lot of weight. . .

But, I do love swivel chairs for real office work too.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
Old 24th March 2008, 02:13   #1293
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88

Call of Duty 4 for the PS3

Bought it used, but I got it from Book & Music Exchange, bringing in a couple of my old PS2 games in for in-store credit, so I actually only paid $43.45 for it...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 24th March 2008, 02:14   #1294
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Is that the game where you can call in the air strike in multiplayer?

Old 24th March 2008, 02:35   #1295
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
Hows 300 looking in blu-ray Gogitta?

If you get 5 kills with out dying you can K_Rock.

whats your PSNID Viper? ....Im looking for air strike fodder.

Old 24th March 2008, 02:39   #1296
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Oh right. That was so much fun Although, half the time I wasn't exactly sure where I was on the map or where the enemy was. However, it's still so worth for those few times where you get someone with the strike.

Old 25th March 2008, 04:59   #1297
Avion
Major Dude

I know it's not a popular vote, but I'm not a fan of call of duty 4's multiplayer.
singleplayer yes! multiplayer no. Multiplayer just seems too arcady-ish. Singleplayer tried to be this realistic military shooter asking you to perform and act like you would in a real military situation, and then multiplayer asks you to play the game in almost a completely different way, and very far away from singleplayer. Almost like it was having an identity crises, and not sure if it was from call of duty 4. just turned me off.

ok I'll be quiet now lol
Old 25th March 2008, 05:29   #1298
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

I would say both single player and mutliplayer of COD4 are arcady-ish. In either setting you can survive numerous hits and even after you consume these bevy of blows you can still employ the halo patented crouch and regenerate for full health. The thing that differentiates single player from multiplayer is the scripted events. Even in the scripted gameplay its more of a run and gun then a realistic military shooter. These aspects though give COD4 its easy accessibility which is probably one of the reasons why it is so popular. If you want to lean towards more realism try a Tom Clancy or Ghost Recon game, high emphasis on teamwork, no regeneration, no life packs, and after a couple hists your dead.

Last edited by EfaustuS9; 25th March 2008 at 06:17.
Old 25th March 2008, 05:53   #1299
Avion
Major Dude

I agree. And I am a fan of ghostrecon and rainbow six series. Although battlfeild 2 is not realistic in all scenerios, I do really like its squad mechanic and the Project Reality mod. I was just emphasizing the difference in what the game was asking of you, the atmosphere. singleplayer trys to create the experience of modern combat and working in a squad and obeying a sort of heiarchy, following orders. none of that exists to any real extent in the multiplayer. Battlfield 2's squad mechanic even being from 2005 is way better then cod4's multiplayer. (in my opinion)

Today I bought

no not a subway franchise, subway food.
Old 25th March 2008, 06:05   #1300
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Subway is the only chain business we have in my town other than McDonalds, Radio Shack, and Ace Hardware. I usually hate chain joints but I like Subway.

Old 25th March 2008, 10:57   #1301
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Quote:
Originally posted by EfaustuS9
Hows 300 looking in blu-ray Gogitta?
Looks very nice, though my TV is only a $300 720p 23" HDTV. I'm sure it'd look 10x better on a nice 50" 1080p HDTV.

Old 25th March 2008, 11:05   #1302
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

I can't remember since I don't have time to game in college. But, is that also one of those games when you die, you have maybe 2 or 3 seconds to still kill the guy unless he shoots you again?

Old 25th March 2008, 12:32   #1303
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Quote:
I can't remember since I don't have time to game in college. But, is that also one of those games when you die, you have maybe 2 or 3 seconds to still kill the guy unless he shoots you again?
You can do that in CoD4. There are several ways to customize how your character can be played. The "Last Stand" perk allows you a few moments to try to shoot someone back with a pistol before you die.

The "Martyrdom" perk will have you drop a live grenade when you're killed.

Old 25th March 2008, 13:00   #1304
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4 Gogitta
Looks very nice, though my TV is only a $300 720p 23" HDTV. I'm sure it'd look 10x better on a nice 50" 1080p HDTV.
nice, I was watching only blu-rays for a while but since I don't have a massive amount of drivespace I rented no country for old men on regular DVD. Very good movie, but it looked a bit blurry on old DVD.

Old 25th March 2008, 16:24   #1305
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Pricey, but worth every penny!
Old 25th March 2008, 17:24   #1306
dlichterman
Forum King

I just bought me one of these.....

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free.-*-If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0-*-Guess the band from pics game
Old 25th March 2008, 17:34   #1307
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

How do you like it? Any chance you can open up an ssh terminal on that thing?

Old 26th March 2008, 01:29   #1308
dlichterman
Forum King

Quote:
How do you like it? Any chance you can open up an ssh terminal on that thing?
It'll be here tomorrow, but I already have apps lined up. There are SSH, RDP, and VNC applications, its great for network admins/geeks.

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free.-*-If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0-*-Guess the band from pics game
Old 26th March 2008, 01:30   #1309
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
originally posted by Widdy's link
TRAUMATIZED HAIR
um... That's just... funny.

Do they wash wounded soldiers' hair in Iraq with this stuff?

Old 26th March 2008, 13:12   #1310
sgtfuzzbubble011

Last purchased:

Some Crown Royal shots with Coca-Cola chasers last night at the dart tournament.
Old 26th March 2008, 14:00   #1311
xzxzzx
Forum King

dlichterman: That's a nice phone (I have the Verizon version). Make sure you upgrade the firmware if it hasn't already been updated when you get it (that way you'll turn on GPS).

If you're adventurous, I suggest using a modified ROM for it.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
Old 27th March 2008, 09:07   #1312
dlichterman
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
dlichterman: That's a nice phone (I have the Verizon version). Make sure you upgrade the firmware if it hasn't already been updated when you get it (that way you'll turn on GPS).

If you're adventurous, I suggest using a modified ROM for it.
It came with the RevA/GPS rom already on it and I have "aquired" tomtom for gps

Not feeling too adventurous though......got any must have apps?

Old 27th March 2008, 13:45   #1313
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly

But I'm rather annoyed GT5 Prologue is out TOMOROW, not today as I had thought...

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Old 27th March 2008, 15:06   #1314
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

I'm holding my pretty pennies for the full GT5 game, God knows when that will be...

Old 27th March 2008, 15:38   #1315
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Vie
[Image]

But I'm rather annoyed GT5 Prologue is out TOMOROW, not today as I had thought...
Guess you'll have to tide yourself over with a little GTHD or some old GT4 in the meantime. It looks like you also purchased the 20GB model were you able to finagle a good deal on it?

Old 27th March 2008, 16:12   #1316
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Quote:
Originally posted by EfaustuS9
It looks like you also purchased the 20GB model were you able to finagle a good deal on it?
They don't sell the 20GB model in the UK, only the 40GB one, the one without even the PS2 softwear emulator... ..arg.

But I did get it for just under £300, not a terribly good price, but its the best that's available down here.

GT HD is rather fun, though that damn traction control was a total bastard for the first couple of races, ended up turning it off completely.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Old 27th March 2008, 18:15   #1317
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Had I known you lived in europe I would have suggested waiting for this bundle.

GT5 P & DS3 right in the box

Old 27th March 2008, 19:21   #1318
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4 Gogitta
Purchased these:

[Image]
That's a 3 component input / 1 component output switch. Also handles optical audio. Will come in much handy with my 360/PS3.
I need one of those for VGA/DVI, since my PC, GameCube, XBOX 360, and TV all use one of those cables to hook up to any one of my two monitors, and it's a pain having to reach behind the monitors to switch them around all the time.

Awesome movies. I hope you got the extended versions with the non-shitty dubbing.

I haven't purchased anything in a long time because it seems like any time I get a large sum of money, to goes straight to unpaid bills that appear out of nowhere...

It seems like nowadays everyone's getting a PS3. I still don't see what the big deal is with it; it's like an overpriced, oversized 360 with less games and an awful controller.

This is a sig of some nature.
Old 28th March 2008, 02:21   #1319
sgtfuzzbubble011

Latest purchase:

...but black instead of green. I just dropped half my bank account down to order it, and it should be here in 6-8 weeks.

I can't believe I'm buying a new truck.
Old 28th March 2008, 03:29   #1320
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Psythik
It seems like nowadays everyone's getting a PS3. I still don't see what the big deal is with it; it's like an overpriced, oversized 360 with less games and an awful controller.

My official statement lingers somewhere along those lines...

Actually, I really didn't have any interest in the PS3 at first, being content with my PS2...But I then started to pick up interest when I read through some Playstation magazines and saw that good games were actually being made for the PS3...The only problem was that at $400+, a PS3 is out of my personal affordibility range, that is, until the stars aligned, and my federal income tax return came in the mail at the same time I discovered a store that had a PS3 for only $350...So I was like "What the hell"...

Besides, my little half-brother already has an X-Box 360 Elite...It would be a bit redundant if I too had an X-Box, unless I wanted to kick his ass at his Halo 3 game and go all turrets on the headset, but I can already do the turrets thing by simply walking over to his bedroom while he's playing his game, so meh...

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions