Old 2nd February 2009, 21:59   #201
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@osmosis

Please post the full method of reproduction and all the crash logs/messages etc in one post.

Also confirm that it still happens when none of your 3rd-party/non-default plugins are present (Essentials Pack, gen_activewa, gen_cdmenu, gen_dragndrop, gen_tray_tooltip, ml_plsfind)

@serpher

Winamp -> Prefs -> Jump to File -> Misc tab:
Prevent Winamp from scrolling the current file into view
Old 2nd February 2009, 22:01   #202
Hanschke

@DrO

i have loaded the full installer of beta 2 and have postet my settings how i install winamp. it was a clear installation on a clear windows.

after the installation was finished i dont get the pro popup cause it is the full. i want the german language.

then i install the beta 2 of the essential pack with following settings that i have checked all stuff but not media support and the playlist sidecar.

i start winamp and do my settings but i never hide any prefs cause it was a mistake from me to install the lite plugin.

i never used it before. i dont see the register page by default and winamp is not registered. after posting it here i check the lite plugin and see that both options are checked. winamp pro and only remove if registered is checked by default.

the logic told me that if i dont enter a serial i will see the page. if i register it it will be hidden. thats ok. it will hidden in the skin too.

but i never put a serial and i cannot see the page. so if i try to use the register link as you can see inside the video i dont see the page and told here the bug.
Old 2nd February 2009, 22:20   #203
DrO

i don't know what is going on with your install/setup since it's not corresponding to anything i'm seeing on anyone else's machines that we've tried things out on.

all i can suggest is that you have a look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nullsoft\Winamp in regedit and see if there is a 'regkey' entry present since that is the only way the remove page option will be activated with the default settings of the lite'n plugin. and if that has nothing there then i really don't know what is causing you alone to be experiencing this

-daz
Old 2nd February 2009, 22:21   #204
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Hanschke:

They're not able to reproduce or understand your issue. I cannot reproduce any issue too. gen_nopro is working great here.

Please post a complete description in German, maybe this will help us to find your issue.

-Chris
Old 2nd February 2009, 22:35   #205
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
@DJ Egg: Ah darn. I wish it was.. or wish there was an ALBUMART= field along the lines of LOSSLESS= (1,0)..

In other news: I get a periodic Winamp crash when I've changed the address in the Bento Browser and pressed Enter (though I think it also occurs when pressing the Go button).

The site I've set as my default homepage (in the links.xml file) is http://www.lyricsplugin.com/winamp03...artist=&title= so you see I changed the info in the address bar more than a few times to get different lyrics and that's when it started crashing. Shouldn't be an issue with the actual setting of it though since I used the proper amp; and everything..

Edit: Yup, just made it crash pressing enter at http://client.winamp.com/browser/welcome/ too, editing to go from welcome/ to just browser/ and back.
believe me i could repro this bug some time ago (was in 5.5 beta phase), but atm i really cannot

so just edit the navbar multiple times??

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 2nd February 2009, 23:43   #206
/usr/bin/Tux

edited:
Never mind. Seems to be a bug in Vista.

Winamp user since v1.something.
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:10   #207
osmosis
Major Dude

Okay, I reinstalled the beta and stripped out my 3rd party plugins so these crash logs should be more kosher.

Bug: Crash via Browser navbar edit

Reproduction steps:
1) Start Winamp and go to Browser tab (I use Big Bento)
2) I'm apparently en-US so we're at http://www.spinner.com/category/mp3-of-the-day/, I close the Media Monitor and select the address with my mouse and paste http://client.winamp.com/browser/welcome/ in to have a more basic website up to crash from. This doesn't appear to crash it. Weird, I know.
3) I edit the address to http://client.winamp.com/browser/ and press Enter. Go doesn't crash it, only with Enter is it reliably reproducable.

I can follow these steps and crash it over and over.

Edit: Just now it started happening less reliably, but deleting the trailing / and pressing Enter and editing a few more times if that fails should make it crash again.

Edit2: Disabled AdMuncher and caused the crash again, so it's unrelated. New crasher report attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (43.4 KB, 184 views)

Last edited by osmosis; 3rd February 2009 at 02:58.
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:27   #208
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@osmosis
Thanks for the decent report. That's more like it :-)
I can't repro the crash with the latest internal build (newer than public beta 2).
So hopefully it also won't crash for you in 5.55 final (not sure if there'll be another public beta before then or not).

If it still crashes for you, then your crash log seems to be pointing to Ad Muncher as a possible cause...
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:39   #209
osmosis
Major Dude

Good to know. I'll disable it and see if that fixes it. I also look forward to trying the next beta or final, whichever it is

I don't want to belabour my point but is there any chance of a(n) HASALBUMART or ALBUMART addition to the Query Language at some point in the future? Would be crazy useful in conjunction with the Simple Album View.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
Old 3rd February 2009, 11:19   #210
Hanschke

Ich weiss nicht was das bringen soll das selbe nochmal auf deutsch hier runterzuschreiben.

Auf jeden Fall nahm ich Windows 7 Beta 1 x64 und installierte das auf meiner C-Partition. Nachdem ich die Treiber installiert hatte kamen natürlich meine Programme wie Winamp dran.

Wir verstehen uns das bei einem frischen Windows kein Winamp Key vorhanden sein kann. Auch wenn Preview 1 drauf gewesen wäre dürfte kein Pro Key in der Reg sein. Bin ja kein Prouser. An meinem PC wird also nie eine Seriennummer eingegeben. Ich benötige halt die Funktionen nicht.

Naja weiter im Text. Wie ich Winamp installiert habe könnt ihr anhand der Ini sehen.

Wie immer nach der Winampinstallation nach ich das Zusatzpaket und installierte dies nach den Einstellungen wie bereits schon erwähnt. Soweit sollte ja alles klar sein oder? Es gibt immer noch keinen Pro Reg-Key.

Das ich das lite Plugin installiert habe war eigentlich nicht geplant. Ich nutze das nicht. Mir ist das egal ob der Punkt zur Registrierung in den Einstellungen vorhanden ist. So oft stellt man da ja nichts ein

Soweit so gut. Gleich beim 1. Aufruf der Einstellungen merkte ich, dass dieser Punkt nicht mehr vorhanden sei und dachte das kommt davon, dass ich die Full-Version geladen hatte. Dies geschah ja wegen der deutschen Sprache.

Doch der Menüpunkt im Skin war noch vorhanden (siehe Video) und wenn ich diesen benutzen wollte öften sich ja die Einstellungen doch ohne Registrierungspunkt.

Nachdem ich überprüft hatte ob ich das lite Plugin installiert hatte waren die Standardeinstellungen für das Plugin halt so gesetzt das wenn Winamp registiert ist der Punkt ausgeblendet werden soll.

Ist ja auch ok doch bei einer Neuinstallation kann Winamp nicht registriert sein und so wurde der Punkt ja zu unrecht ausgeblendet. Wäre mein Winamp registriert wäre doch auch der Link aus dem Bento Skin weg.

Wenn Ihr das nicht nachvollziehen könnt weiss ich auch nicht. Ist ja nicht so das Problem. Hat mich nur etwas verwirrt.
Old 3rd February 2009, 13:58   #211
DrO

now to wait for koopa to translate for us...

-daz
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:27   #212
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Will talk with them and translate your text later. But running a beta program on a beta operating system is...a lil' bit weird.

Maybe we can find the issue, but I doubt we will, hehe.

-Chris
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:18   #213
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Do we even know what the actual issue is yet?
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:58   #214
Serpher

@DJ Egg
Thanks for the tip

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern
Old 3rd February 2009, 17:06   #215
keiichi9

There is a date for the stable version? non-beta?
Old 3rd February 2009, 17:15   #216
homes32

Quote:
Originally posted by keiichi9
There is a date for the stable version? non-beta?
yeah!

when/its/ready

homes32
Old 3rd February 2009, 21:00   #217
DrO

@Hanschke: koopa has translated things and in some levels i'm more confused now but after this i'm going to step away as there is nothing i can do/test/reproduce.

from what was translated, you've pretty much installed a plugin (lite'n) without checking what was being installed. why it removes the page for you, i've no idea and currently i have no means to test out the win7 beta without impacting on everything else that i'm currently trying to do with the machine that would otherwise be used for testing that out on.

from what i can tell, you don't want anything asking you to 'go pro' and don't want to be questioned/asked/reminded in anyway (a fair enough to want that) but alas that is not something that will be natively happening in any of the skins/menus (unless done via plugins which as in your case aren't "working" correctly).

now unless anyone else wants to make a comment, i don't think there is all that much more that can be done/said. i guess it would be interesting to know if other people have seen this 'quirk' or if everything works ok with the Lite'n plugin installed but other than that, i think i'll walk away from this now (is the most i can do since i've been utterly confused reading most of your posts - don't mean this in a nasty way, i just think it's one of those langauge 'issues' which happens all too often).

-daz
Old 3rd February 2009, 21:47   #218
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
i can test the win7 beta - just need to reinstall it (got a constant blue screen each bootup after i installed a shitty VPN software)

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 4th February 2009, 00:21   #219
djpete
Major Dude

i just did an a b comparison of the last 5.541 and 5.55
and the sound is much better, clearer, punchier.
Is this in my head or has something been done?

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 4th February 2009, 00:29   #220
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Re: Winamp 5.55 Beta Preview 2

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Winamp 5.55 Beta, Build 2353

* Updated: [in_mp3] Fraunhofer Decoder v4.3
I think this might have something to do with it.
Old 4th February 2009, 01:24   #221
djpete
Major Dude

good one.
otherwise I was going to change my medication...

!

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 4th February 2009, 15:05   #222
homes32

Quote:
Originally posted by djpete1959
good one.
otherwise I was going to change my medication...

!
or double the dosage. that could be fun...

homes32
Old 4th February 2009, 18:53   #223
DanStudio

Classic Skin Bug

This bug remains in every new version of Winamp.

So.. Classic skin . There is only winamp-icon in tray and not on the taskbar. When i click "minimize" winamp minimizes to tray. but then when i click on the tray-icon i do not see the main window. right-clicking calls a menu, where main-window checkbox is checked. so i need to uncheck it, and then click again to check and that's how the main window appears again.

p.s. sorry for bad english
Old 4th February 2009, 20:10   #224
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Sorry, but I can't reproduce the problem.

We need exact step-by-step method of reproduction, screenshot of Winamp General Preferences screen, screenshot of Winamp layout, confirmation of a clean install of 5.55 b2 with no 3rd-party plugins (list of plugins log), list of concurrently running processes (hjt log)... (see 'reporting bugs' section of 1st post for details).
Old 5th February 2009, 15:59   #225
Juanus
Major Dude

I just noticed some "weirdness"
when in simple album view, when using the mouse scroll wheel to go up and down, the scroll bar will not go all the way to the top when scrolling up. But I am able to see all of the albums that I have in that view. However, if I click on the scroll bar it acts as it should.

Also,
The ripped format help for the CD Ripping and Transcoder are different. I would think that they should use the same naming masks for continuity.
Old 5th February 2009, 16:03   #226
DrO

different in what way? i remember one of the 'help' messages being different since the functionality was a cut-down version of the naming handling but i can't remember/check it out at the moment.

-daz
Old 5th February 2009, 16:23   #227
Juanus
Major Dude

For Example,
In the CDRip settings, <Artist> gives you the artist
But in the format converter, <Trackartist> gives you artist and <Artist> gives you album artist.
And there are a couple of more like that.

I would give you a screenshot of both, but for some reason I cannot connect to stashbox at the moment.
Old 5th February 2009, 16:41   #228
DrO

will have a look when i get home to check it out as that seems a bit strange to be going on.

-daz
Old 5th February 2009, 17:12   #229
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

According to the respective Format Help dialogs, it's like this:

CD Ripping:
<Artist> = Album Artist
<Trackartist> = Track Artist

Format Converter:
<Artist> = Track Artist
<Albumartist> = Album Artist

So yeah, there's definitely some inconsistency there, heh.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:46   #230
Juanus
Major Dude

Yeah, its Kn0tte a big deal. But I just thought I would mention it since things are being overhauled a bit. If the change doesnt make it into the next release, I dont think people will cry too much.
Old 5th February 2009, 21:55   #231
Simfee
Banned

any release date of final version?
Old 5th February 2009, 21:55   #232
DrO

when you stop being annoying and asking...

-daz
Old 5th February 2009, 22:03   #233
Simfee
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
when you stop being annoying and asking...

-daz
LOL... no, you stop being annoying and skipping.
release dates of Winamp is like release dates of Microsoft new Windows OS.
Old 5th February 2009, 22:19   #234
/usr/bin/Tux

"It's done, when it's done."

I wonder why ppl need to have a "final" version at all anyway.

Winamp user since v1.something.
Old 5th February 2009, 22:19   #235
DrO

@Simfee: what does it bloody matter when the release date is. you've got a beta version which is pretty much the same as final so stop whining and just posting for the sake of it.

-daz
Old 5th February 2009, 22:24   #236
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by /usr/bin/Tux
"It's done, when it's done."

I wonder why ppl need to have a "final" version at all anyway.
Yeah, cannot remember, when I used a Winamp final the last time.

@Simfee:

fixed release dates are risky. If they say, that it will be released next week and then a bug occurs, which result in a delay, you'll whine too.

It's ready when it's done. This it is. I thought people already learned, that they always get the same answer, but probably I was wrong.
Old 6th February 2009, 01:48   #237
Simfee
Banned

Guys, I can't wait for new version of MP3 dec.
Old 6th February 2009, 02:34   #238
sonozaki

and I can't wait for final release, IMO so many improvements
Old 6th February 2009, 11:39   #239
Aereon

Quote:
Originally posted by Simfee
Guys, I can't wait for new version of MP3 dec.
Has it been announced or is this 4.3 version the one you were looking for?
Old 6th February 2009, 12:17   #240
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

The same 4.3 version, which is available in the public beta.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion