Old 9th August 2007, 21:50   #1
Smeggle
Just Strolling By
(Major Dude)

The Bourne Ultimatum

Anyone seen it yet? Compared with the others I thought it was a bit of a let down - though it does leave it open for another if they want....

Well there is Legacy and Betrayal left to do. Those being the last of the five Bourne books by Ludlam....

Music is Life, Love and Happiness :|: Life is Music. Serren - 1985 - 2005
Religion? Religion is a Blasphemy against humanity - From the film What the Bleep do we know

siggy link So stumbling? whats it all about
Smeggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 02:20   #2
sgtfuzzbubble011

I thought it was pretty good. Except for extremely blurry and shaky filming that seems to be all the rage today with film producers, it wasn't bad. I'd put it on par with the first two.

They need to get rid of the damn 7-year-old-running-after-the-bad-guys-with-a-handycam film shooting. That makes some parts of the movie unbearable to watch.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 14:27   #3
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
Re: The Bourne Ultimatum

Quote:
Originally posted by Smeggle
Well there is Legacy and Betrayal left to do. Those being the last of the five Bourne books by Ludlam....
Not quite. Ludlam wrote the first three books - The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum. Then he kinda stopped breathing. Eric Van Lustbader wrote the other two sequels - The Bourne Legacy, and The Bourne Betrayal, which, from what I hear, fall into the category of being "pretty shit". There doesn't seem to be any mention of continuing the film trilogy using these books as source material though.

Liked the movie though, was definitely worth the trip to the cinema. But yeah, I agree with Sarge, some of the camera work is pretty vomit-inducing at times...

Like my photography? Buy some here....
. - .... .- -. .... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2007, 21:54   #4
Smeggle
Just Strolling By
(Major Dude)

Yeah some of the quality is bad - but if you look around for different 'Cinemas' you can find a reasonable quality

Was reading an interview on bbc yesterday with Matt Damon, He says he would do another if Paul Greengrass was involved...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6948445.stm

Music is Life, Love and Happiness :|: Life is Music. Serren - 1985 - 2005
Religion? Religion is a Blasphemy against humanity - From the film What the Bleep do we know

siggy link So stumbling? whats it all about
Smeggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2007, 13:15   #5
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
Dunno - I saw it in a pretty decent cinema here, and it's pretty shaky. Fair enough I can understand that they are trying to convey a sense of urgency and that Bourne is always on edge and ready for anything etc etc, but do they really need to shake and jerk the camera while he's sitting down having a cup of coffee??

I'm glad that they moved away from the plot in the third Ludlum book though - it was a pretty shit storyline that would have translated to film even worse. As long as they continue the trend of staying away from the subsequent books, I'd have no problem with a fourth movie.

Like my photography? Buy some here....
. - .... .- -. .... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 03:23   #6
shinco

thought this movie was pretty bad ass. Damon is heaps good in it.
shinco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 03:25   #7
Namelessv1
Forum King

Maybe it's because I'm a fan of The Shield, but the shaky camera didn't bother me. I didn't really notice it for the most part.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 16:47   #8
aquilono

Hello all,

Thought the third instalment of the Bourne series was just about on par with the other two. All three films are great but there is very little to distinguish between them.

One that that bugs me however, is when Nicky (Julia Stiles) is speaking to Bourne in the cafe. Bourne asks her why she is helping him and she states "It was difficult for me with you...you really don’t remember do you?”
Can anybody tell me what she was talking about!!
aquilono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2008, 18:43   #9
Nico1980

Re: The Bourne Ultimatum

Quote:
Originally posted by Smeggle
Anyone seen it yet? Compared with the others I thought it was a bit of a let down - though it does leave it open for another if they want....

I dont like it, was boring for me.
Nico1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 20:55   #10
djmc

it was OK....nothing to write home about.

that Morocco chase scene was pretty exciting though. I'd like to see someone do an entire movie like that.....LOL
djmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 08:25   #11
zarine
Banned

Well it is not so good and not so bad. It is average.
zarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 07:55   #12
gillcrist32
Banned

I don't like this
gillcrist32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Movies and Television