Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 30th August 2009, 12:03   #241
Anthony51

Hi, Thanks for dealing with this problem, I'm also experiencing crashes on opening preferences.

Only if at least a track is in the playlist and playing (pause), I can open preferences safely. Hope this helps. If not, disregard this post.

Cheers
Old 11th February 2010, 09:36   #242
Oekel

v2.5 Beta 1???

Ok its great!!

Why did you named it File Remover? I serached for "Movers" for some Years.

Please go one with your fine PlugIns.
But the actual Version is 2.2.2 isn't it? (why is the titel 2,5 Beta??)

Greatings Oekel

PS: you have 2 PMs
Old 11th February 2010, 09:43   #243
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

The main aim of that pugin is the removing of played files to get a rolling playlist. This is why it was called 'Playlist File Remover'. But yeah it has a lot of other features as well.

The thread is called v2.5 Beta 1, because that is latest, public available version.
Old 11th February 2010, 20:40   #244
Oekel

Quote:
Originally posted by Koopa

The thread is called v2.5 Beta 1, because that is latest, public available version.
Where to get v2.5??
Old 12th February 2010, 14:24   #246
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Koopa
The main aim of that pugin is the removing of played files to get a rolling playlist. This is why it was called 'Playlist File Remover'
@Oekel: exactly what koopa said though like most plug-ins it has evolved into something a bit more complex than it's original purpose (though that is still the key aspect of the plug-in) with the control over where/how to move files coming second.

i've had a quick look at the pm's you've sent and it seems that you're looking for better handling of relative file paths in the movement commands... yes? if so then that's an area of the plug-in which is never really meant to have worked (as i think you're seeing) as it was generally designed with full filepaths in mind.

@anyone in general: now i've tracked down what was causing the prefs crash for the 2.5 beta 1, i can start working on this one again though it'll be converted to a 5.5+ only plugin which means i can better handle unicode media, resolve some of the localisation issues people have with the plug-in (yes koopa and pawel ), sort out the previous request i'd begun (and then stopped working on due to work/real life issues) and possibly relative path 'quirks' with the plug-in.

-daz
Old 12th February 2010, 23:14   #247
Oekel

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
... and possibly relative path 'quirks' with the plug-in.

-daz
That would be fabulous!
By the way: did you ever thought about adding a "copy" statement?

Could you tell me whenever the time of a new release with relative path has come ?
Old 12th February 2010, 23:29   #248
DrO

a copy to option is one of the parts being worked on with the newer build (though i can't remember if 2.5 Beta 1 had it enabled or not).

when the relative path thing is implemented it'll be mentioned in the release notes for the version in this thread (is the best i can do).

-daz
Old 6th October 2010, 09:06   #249
JamesR404

Oeh, just switched to Songbird, but I'll switch back for this plugin! Just what I need to trim down my ocean of songs. Some are so old and I'm really done with them. THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS PLUGIN (and sorry for shouting ;P )
Old 11th January 2011, 14:30   #250
queesy

Have the latest 2.5 version, i can see the options to setup hot key I can set the actions etc. But I CANNOT set the actual hotkey. It has also frozen my winamp (latest release) a few times. Thanks for hte plugin though.

I've also pressed the SET button and tried to hold down a key or press a key, but nothing =(
Old 11th January 2011, 18:42   #251
DrO

it's probably because it needs the hotkey plug-in to be installed and from what i remember of 2.5b1 it still requires you to setup things in the plfr page and then go to the main hotkeys page to setup the key combination required. my internal dev build is a bit more sensible though i need to get a proper patch done for the official hotkey plug-in to make it possible to directly add / update hotkeys as the plfr option really needs.

as for the crashes, it's most likely the same issue as referenced in earlier posts about 2.5b1. alas i'm currently struggling to find time on my own projects so i'm not sure when i'm going to get a new version out which fixes most of the issues people are having (the machine i do the plug-in dev work on hasn't been turned on in over 5 weeks just to put things in context).

-daz
Old 11th January 2011, 21:00   #252
queesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
it's probably because it needs the hotkey plug-in to be installed and from what i remember of 2.5b1 it still requires you to setup things in the plfr page and then go to the main hotkeys page to setup the key combination required. my internal dev build is a bit more sensible though i need to get a proper patch done for the official hotkey plug-in to make it possible to directly add / update hotkeys as the plfr option really needs.

as for the crashes, it's most likely the same issue as referenced in earlier posts about 2.5b1. alas i'm currently struggling to find time on my own projects so i'm not sure when i'm going to get a new version out which fixes most of the issues people are having (the machine i do the plug-in dev work on hasn't been turned on in over 5 weeks just to put things in context).

-daz
Thanks daz!
is the plugin i need this one? http://www.winamp.com/plugin/winamp-...ller-v4/130984
Old 11th January 2011, 22:31   #253
DrO

nope, it's the one that is shipped in the Winamp installer itself and should appear as a 'hotkeys' option in the preferences tree.

-daz
Old 12th January 2011, 01:38   #254
queesy

Quote:
nope, it's the one that is shipped in the Winamp installer itself and should appear as a 'hotkeys' option in the preferences tree.

-daz
Thanks again Daz, still wont work but thats ok. Have a good one
Old 12th January 2011, 10:05   #255
DrO

hmm, could even be that 2.5b1 just doesn't work with it anymore. i really really need to find some time to get a newer version sorted out...

-daz
Old 17th January 2011, 23:10   #256
queesy

Quote:
hmm, could even be that 2.5b1 just doesn't work with it anymore. i really really need to find some time to get a newer version sorted out...

-daz
hi daz sorry to bug once more,
so the plugin semi worked it deletes songs from the playlist (not the actual mp3) after i skip a song with the next button. A cool feature but not one im really looking for. Ideally I play songs at random from a massive library and once in a while I will not want a song that I hear and want to delete it off my computer with a simple shortcut.

Anyways I understand you dont have time but im actually trying to remove the plugin because ever since I installed it I cannot access the preferences menu at all. I've tried cntrl + p and right clicking > options > pref and it freezes and crashes every time. I also just tried uninstalling and reinstalling when I uninstalled I even selected remove all plugins and 3rd party plugins but I guess its still there. Is there anyway to possibly manually remove it? Let me know when you can thanks.
Old 17th January 2011, 23:17   #257
DrO

you'd need to go into the plugins folder and remove gen_play_remove.dll from there. i can send you a dev version of the plug-in to see if that works any better for you though at the moment i can't remember what is left to be done in it (so might be a bit buggy but shouldn't crash the preferences like 2.5b1 does). just need to get the dev box running to get a dll off it if you want?

-daz
Old 22nd February 2011, 13:16   #258
thadrummer

Great work with this plugin daz.
I would really appreciate it if you could also update the download link. The one provided on the first page doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Thanks,
thadrummer.
Old 15th March 2011, 18:08   #259
TimbreWolf

Download link in first post appears broken?
Old 15th March 2011, 18:11   #260
DrO

i've not gotten around to fixing it especially as v2.5b1 was removed when i updated my site pages back in september last year so at the moment the old v2.2.2 on http://nunzioweb.com/daz/plfr.html is the only version offered (until / if i manage to finish off the v3 update that never seems to progress too well and hence why the page is part broken and doesn't match with the other site pages).

[edit]
have altered the first post to link to the plug-ins page now with a note about the v2.5b1 removal.

-daz
Old 28th March 2011, 11:59   #261
gold01star

Same here .

While you're at it, I'm also looking for YET another feature that might be done with a plugin (but not this current one) and I'm asking here before starting a new thread.

I'm doing a lot of compilations for myself and sometimes also for a friend to have him 'ambient' music to play during parties at his house. I'm using a lot of different music styles (but no crossfading or mixing) and so the transitions between songs become important. What I'm doing is to listen to the last 10 or so secs of a song and then the beginning of the next to see if it's possible to play them in a row.

Would be cool to have a function in Winamp that would allow this without having to do it manually, kinda extended scan function so not only the first 10 secs of any song are played but also the last 10.

Thanks again.
Old 28th March 2011, 18:20   #262
DrO

look at the DirectSound output plug-in options and specifically the 'Fading'. other than that, output plug-ins are completely foreign to me and not something i'd look into.

-daz
Old 21st July 2011, 01:43   #263
megerdin

I just register to say ........

Thank you very much

For the plugin, I was searching this plugin for a thousands year.#

==
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:38   #264
lindaryder78

Actually, the plugin removed too much and I lost a whole folder worth of MP3 files
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:46   #265
DrO

generally the files will be moved into the recycle bin so that they can be restored if there was a problem unless that has been changed in the preferences to do a complete delete at the time. if you have lost files then i'm sorry but i cannot be held responsible for loss of data.

-daz
Old 4th August 2011, 16:06   #266
vil84

Hi DrO

thanks for a great plugin

obviously something is not right with the winamp.ini entries for your plugin after the latest winamp updates. Going into "preferences" crashes winamp.

I have worked around this by installing an older version of winamp (like 5.24) and setting up your plugin. Then i saved the winamp.ini file.

Updated winamp to the latest version.

Pasted the entire [Playlist File Remover] section from the old winamp.ini to the new winamp.ini

I also have added, per the install suggestion, to the section [Playlist File Remover] of winamp.ini, the line: plfr_prefs_old=1

Winamp, the preferences menu and your plugin all work fine again.
Old 4th August 2011, 16:10   #267
DrO

and that was with using v2.2.2? as i thought i'd removed all traces of v2.5b1 considering all of the complaints i was getting about that version.

-daz
Old 16th November 2013, 15:18   #268
rh7

daz, can you pls put the v2.2.2 back online for download ? Or anyone other can send me the v2.2.2 ?
Old 16th November 2013, 15:50   #269
DrO

at the moment the plug-in is not available as i've not restored it and before i do that, i really need to finish doing a code review of it to make it suitable for usage with current Winamp versions (as the last stable version is not 100% compatible with current Winamp releases).

so it is on my todo list to provide it but i don't have an eta on when that will be finished and all i can do for the moment is to nudge it up my todo list for when i'm next able to work on updating my plug-ins.

so i do not recommend people using the v2.2.2 release and doing so is done solely at your own risk.
Old 21st November 2013, 06:25   #270
Moon

So, do we still gonna get it for 5.x before they wrap it up here in December? Or can you tell us where to get it then? Cause I don't plan on moving over to iTunes. Thanks.

www.c64-longplays.de
Complete C64 game walkthroughs as videofiles
Old 21st November 2013, 09:57   #271
DrO

see my title and the 3rd post in the 5.66 release thread - I'm still intending to keep my plug-in development going and what is going on has zero effect on the availability of my site.
Old 21st November 2013, 21:59   #272
Koogle

hmm a [shift]+[del] option would be better

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Old 7th August 2014, 08:23   #273
az0000000

After Winamp crash what happens?

Hello,
I am using Winamp 2.95 and file remover 1.4, i would like to know how does this plugin behave if Winamp crashes, or Winamp process killed by a Windows reset, when i start Winamp again will deleted playlist items be in the playlist again, or does this plugin remember items deletion and plays from the last deleted item onward?
Does it update the real playlist every time it deletes an item, or keeps data somewhere in cache, thus not touching the original playlist file?

What file remover version is best for Winamp 2.95? 2.1? Or is 1.4 OK?

Thanks a lot!
Old 7th August 2014, 10:41   #274
DrO

I have no idea on most of your questions as I don't remember what 1.4 did and I don't remember ever having the plug-in specifically target Winamp 2.x your somewhat on your own.

the only thing I can answer is that it modified the actual playlist editor contents which is why it was always best to use with gen_undo in addition to this plug-in but that definitely won't work with an archaic Winamp release (as I'll only support 5.6x and where possible only 5.64+ due to api changes which make my life easier).
Old 7th August 2014, 11:46   #275
az0000000

Thanks,
I guess I'll just use Playlist_Autosave to save changes file remover does to playlist in case winamp crashes.
Regards
Old 7th August 2014, 11:48   #276
DrO

you can do whatever, but if there are issues with this plug-in (which there are in all Winamp versions it runs on), i will not be providing any v2.x fixes for it as i cannot support running on a Winamp version from over 11.5yrs ago.
Old 7th August 2014, 12:24   #277
az0000000

That o got, I'm on my own and I'm used to that
Thanks for nice and useful plugin.
Old 17th August 2014, 22:14   #278
rorydm

hey guys is there a 2014 download like for the playlist remover as I can seem to find it anywhere now a days ???
Old 18th August 2014, 17:09   #279
DrO

there is no official download from me as i have zero guarantee that the plug-in works well on current Winamp releases and with my focus on direct Winamp and SHOUTcast work (and as this is not a plug-in i've used myself for years), there is nothing i am directly offering.

if it does see an official update from me then i wouldn't expect anything until late 2015 at the earliest). otherwise you're on your own if you want use one of the copies that are floating around on other sites (so if something goes wrong and you lose files, etc then it is not my responsibility in anyway).
Old 21st July 2015, 14:53   #280
degenerate

playlist file remover 2.2.2

daz removed the plugin from his site for no reason.

here it is... hosted elsewhere

<link removed>
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion