Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 7th June 2005, 13:42   #81
DrO

TazDevil:

with #1: the reason is because when smooth resizing is off, the winamp frame is locked to fixed interval sizes for the height and width. due to the original sizing of the jtf dialog it doesn't quite match up with what Winamp allows on the frame size and so the dimensions are out a bit as you've seen. i could do things like resizing the jtf dialog so that the size of the frame can be adjusted to match in better but as i said earlier i don't like moving things around like that at the best of times (plus smooth resizing is a lot sexier )

with #2: depending on how time allows, etc i think i may re-assess the location of the copied bitmaps (though i am restricted to a 9x9 block for the button from pledit.bmp so it will never be exact (i did see what the skinners felt about a mod to the existing skin files without breaking the fallback support but response was a bit low so i'm not going to touch that again for a while if at all).

as for exact details on the issue as time allows i'll post a bit more about how the code is actually working to adjust things since it does a number of pixel checks on the file to determine if the bug exists or not (skinning is a pain at times )

amano:

yeah it's been a while now on the ol' girl the next few days is solid on the scheduler and a few other things so it all should be fun (just reading up on a few things to implement that all at the mo )

electricmime:

yeah it is a pretty neat option, i may add in a hotkey for it as well since i sometimes want it to scroll for a few songs and then flip it back to being off

------------------------------------------------------------

i may do a build 6 tonight to get in a few things that time didn't allow due to spending most of the night fixing the queue handler (and hopefully no one will see the crash handler working in the build )

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2005, 18:37   #82
Chris Diack

Hi Darren... Re the scheduler., may I offer a suggestion re options...

The Wclock device http://playlistbuilder.freeservers.com/ at the bottom of the page, has a few good ideas but is deficient in it's implementation and one of the options doesn't even work but may be a good template for you.

We use it at our LPFM's in the absence of anything better.

Keep up the good work.

Chris in New Zealand
Chris Diack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 02:57   #83
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
@dro, if i select multiple files in windows explorer, and select 'Enqueue & play in winamp' i get a weird behavior, it goes through all of them, plays <1 second till it gets to the last file in the playlist.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 06:31   #84
Logy

i'm just curious, this jtfe will ship with winamp 5.093 or winamp 5.1?

The English suffix -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline.
Logy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 11:02   #85
Hagen

Hi,

I'm a fervent user of JTFE (on Winamp 5.092) and there is something I would find very nice. My playlist usually contains something like 4000 tracks, and it is highly randomized. I often want to listen to an entire album so I use the 'move after current' button. Would it be possible to move a block of tracks from the JTFE box using for example the Ctrl key? Because, double-clicking on each track to having queued just after the file that is being read is very laborious, especially if you want to do it with an opera.
I want to precise that I don't want to jump to a file to another in my playlist (as it is possible with the manage mode and the enqueue list), I prefer go through all the tracks in the order they are displayed. In the settings, there is something called 'allow move after current to move files as a list' but I do not really understand what is it for.

Thank you very much for your help and for developping JTFE.
Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 13:47   #86
DrO

chris: i'll have a look at it

billyvnilly: hmm, i think i may know what's causing that (taken as the fixes in build 5 for the external enqueue handling)

Logy: it's far from stable enough to be in a 5.093 (well when i say far from it, there's still a few areas in build 5 that need fixing before i'd be happy to make it an official build). as for the 5.1 inclusion, some form of these builds will appear in it (hence the need for people to test things as much as possible )

Hagen: (it took me a few reads to follow what you meant) so it's displaying the files in jtf list how they are in the playlist you want?

the 'allow move after current to move files as a list' is a badly named option i will admit. the purpose of it is that when using move after current in the playlist, if you do it on multiple files in one go then it will add them consecutively after each other.

re-reading your post again, you say you want to listen to a full album... if you have a playlist of that album then you can just load it into the queue (which saves messing around with the current playlist order ). i think i may even add in some option to automatically load an album's playlist into the queue based on file just attempted to be queued into the playlist (and gives me a good reason to update the right-click menu code)

-daz
Old 9th June 2005, 09:39   #87
Hagen

Hi,
Quote:
it took me a few reads to follow what you meant
I admit my request was confusing so thank you for reading it!
Quote:
it's displaying the files in jtf list how they are in the playlist you want?
Not really, I prefer to be able to select all the songs from one album.
Quote:
which saves messing around with the current playlist order
I do want to modify the current playlist order (without modifying the total number of tracks), but I don't want to have to jump from the file that is in 365th position to the one that is in 4300th and so on, even if thus I can listen to a whole album in the correct order (maybe that does not make sense).
To summarize, I really like the 'move after current' button combined to the 'allow move after current to move files as a list' setting. I just think that it would be great if you could select more than one track before pressing the 'move after current' button.
Hope it is more clear now and thank you again!
Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2005, 13:44   #88
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Hagen
To summarize, I really like the 'move after current' button combined to the 'allow move after current to move files as a list' setting. I just think that it would be great if you could select more than one track before pressing the 'move after current' button.
Hope it is more clear now and thank you again!
ah, i see what you mean now i did try and implement this a while back but found that the main issue was how to ensure the mode would remain consistant since it's possible to keep adding files to the list but then it was how to make sure it wouldn't keep doing it as needed... so i need to see how best to implement something like this since i could do it as a modded option of the normal move after current (say ctrl+m) or make it the default action and then the normal action becomes ctrl+m for example or when the user moves to another window themselves would then reset the internal list position back to just after the current song. so as you can see it's a tricky one to try and determine how best to implement it

-----------------------------------------------------------

this is one for siebe but i implemented in last night the ability to view the entries in the jtf list as they are in the playlist's order (realised how to do it after working on gen_nunzio )

i've decided to push back a build 6 for a few days now whilst i add in a load of new features and update a few more of the internal workings to make these changes work so hopefully there will be something new around the start of next week

-daz
Old 10th June 2005, 19:18   #89
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
this is one for siebe but i implemented in last night the ability to view the entries in the jtf list as they are in the playlist's order (realised how to do it after working on gen_nunzio )
You remembered?
I forgot I asked myself
Neat, will check it out when it's available

And, although indirectly, thanks to Nunzio as well

[edit]
Mmh, that's a lot of smilies

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2005, 19:21   #90
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
You remembered?
yup yup, it was by chance i remembered it with the posts by Hagen and by now i know i have to re-create the list myself to enable/remove the sorting style so it was simple to do it (since gen_nunzio had helped me figure that out )

and smilies rock

-daz
Old 10th June 2005, 21:24   #91
Cianca

there is a possibility to implement a feature for enqueue all song in JTFE search box? ...an 'Enqueue All' function? (instead of the actual 'single enqueue' mode?)

thanx

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Cianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2005, 21:26   #92
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
it exists...did in .96ff, bit hidden tho , well not that hidden.

right click
enqueue options
add current search into queue
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2005, 21:48   #93
Cadish

When you select a song in the queue-list, and then "Up", you always have to reselect that song to move it further up. That's not very comfortable, is it
Cadish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2005, 21:50   #94
DrO

Cadish: thanks, looks like something i missed in the re-code to get back the 0.96ff feature set. will be fixed soon i hope

-daz
Old 10th June 2005, 21:57   #95
DrO

HELP NEEDED

are you happy, carefree, have an XP system and SP2 installed on it... and prepared to enable the DEP setting for all programs because.... i need to confirm the fix to the issue is in fact fixed (remember those bugs have got to dieeee!!!)

so if you've got an XP SP2 system and want to help then please contact/post here and i'll be in contact, thanks in advance

-daz
Old 10th June 2005, 22:09   #96
TazDevil

dro..
post the procedure to reproduce the problem so we can try it...

althought my procesor as the DEP tab states does not support hardware DEP, however software DEP will be used to protect my system from DEP attacks ...

I have just set it to ALL to give it a try

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2005, 22:13   #97
DrO

when DEP is enabled for all programs, the jtfe plugin is prevented from loading, so with it on, jtfe shouldn't appear anywhere in the running winamp. with the test build it should load whatever the DEP setting

i've just pm'd you a link for the temp test file

-daz
Old 10th June 2005, 22:36   #98
DrO

i've replied back to TazDevil and we've got a red star in the bug list now (taken as being fixed) so once again a big thanks to TazDevil.

so people are aware, without hardware DEP support then XP will drop back to the software mode and in either case if DEP is going to prevent the program/dll from loading then it will (since if hardware support is available you can't decide if hardware or software mode will be the used type) [hope that makes sense]

-daz
Old 11th June 2005, 00:21   #99
Cianca

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
it exists...did in .96ff, bit hidden tho , well not that hidden.

right click
enqueue options
add current search into queue

<3

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Cianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2005, 12:32   #100
jojo 544
Major Dude

Is it possible to 'crop que' ?
I mean clear playlist except for the queued files.
jojo 544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2005, 14:26   #101
retchless

Great suggestion jojo! I think that would be an excellent feature.
retchless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2005, 14:51   #102
DrO

you'll have to wait and see what appears in build #6...

-daz
Old 14th June 2005, 13:49   #103
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by jojo 544
Is it possible to 'crop que' ?
Quote:
Originally posted by Streproyt
I like the new feature "show entry in playlist", I think is pretty useful, but could it be possible to show it highlighted? this way it could be located at first sight.
both were implemented in the internal build last night (and the show entry one is done as a ~2 second flashing of the entry in the playlist either using the current selection colour for queued items or the inverted colour since i know someone will want it to stand out more )

i'm pushing to try and get a build #6 out tonight otherwise it will be out tomorrow (cos it's looking sweet so far )

-daz
Old 15th June 2005, 20:57   #104
jojo 544
Major Dude

Great darren, thanks. So you DO have some time left to spend on these things? Can't hardly wait to test it

*sigh (still) under construction*
jojo 544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2005, 01:58   #105
DrO

gah, i'm behind schedule on build #6

basically i've spent the last 2 and a bit days straight where i can trying to sort out the gen_jfix patch which i will say was a learning curve to translate from c-- to c but it's done at last (with a bit of useful help from benski ).

i need to finish this since due to a compiler change with the winamp builds the hooking i do means i have to access the search string directly instead of winamp getting it and then passing it.

due to this, build #6 will be out tomorrow instead and basic scheduler features are now pushed to build #7. i just need to fix a few 'quirks' with the search (which Winamp exhibits as well where by if you do say a search with '#' then it returns matching entries for that but also other unrelated entries as well (i intend to alter the search handling so that if these non-alhpabetical characters appear then returned results will only include the real matches... )

[edit @ 08:00 BST]
just realised that all of the results that come back under a '#' search i was trying are due to the playlist entries containing that character, heh... so ignore my last few comments then (will teach me to post complicated things so late at night, doh!

-daz
Old 16th June 2005, 10:51   #106
roytam1

[Bug Report:]
JTFE can't search other than English. I searched with Chinese/Japanese but JTFE can't filter the items not match the search word.

[Feature Request:]
If there's a function that can enqueue search results in random order I will be pleased.
roytam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2005, 11:20   #107
electricmime
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by roytam1
JTFE can search other than English. I searched with Chinese/Japanese but JTFE can't filter the items not match the search word.

[Feature Request:]
If there's a function that can enqueue search results in random order I will be pleased.
you could enqueue the search results and then randomize the queue(in the jtfe queue window right click and cilck randomise queue), but i don't think you can randomize just the search results..

There is no reset button on life... but the graphics kick ass
electricmime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2005, 13:02   #108
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by roytam1
JTFE can't search other than English
No, that is a feature request, not a Bug, since JTFE just replaces/enhances the built-in J function already present in Winamp (which is non-unicode).
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
basically i've spent the last 2 and a bit days straight where i can trying to sort out the gen_jfix patch
The gen_jfix patch that DrO referred to (in the post above yours) is actually the patch which implements utf-8/unicode support, and is scheduled to be implemented in build #6 or #7 (as DrO explained, he had a few initial problems translating the code from c-- to c/c++)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2005, 13:39   #109
roytam1

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
[B]No, that is a feature request, not a Bug, since JTFE just replaces/enhances the built-in J function already present in Winamp.
But I remember that old JTFE can search words other than English so I think it is a bug.
Old 16th June 2005, 13:43   #110
TazDevil

nope it CAN'T unless you also had the gen_jfix plugin installed as well...

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2005, 13:53   #111
DrO

jtfe has never modified the search capabilities (until the internal dev builds marked for the build #6 release). the only way previously to get around it was to use the patch (gen_jfix) but 5.093 will break that due to the main winamp.exe being built with a different compiler (which for the code function patching needed doesn't work correctly as per the builds from 5.092 and below). i've confirmed gen_jfix will fail on a 5.093 setup but... due to other features in the jtfe code i can easily work around it (ie internally added in a callback message to get the current search string) so the next build should be working fine (i hope) since i'm now doing a straight check for the given search string in the data i get in my patched function.

so for testing i've been doing things with random letters (ð alt+0240) and symbol characters (like << ) and the new jtfe dev build will correctly filter those (whereas the original jtf function for the comparison just ignores them). so i hopefull have it all fixed as such now

but to just re-iterate, gen_jfix will no longer work with any of the newer winamp builds (and it was a steep learning curve working out how to convert c-- code to c )

-daz
Old 16th June 2005, 14:03   #112
roytam1

JTFE Build 5 adds result slowly if the queue is very long (about 200)
Old 16th June 2005, 16:41   #113
Logy

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
c-- code

it is new code...

The English suffix -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline.
Logy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2005, 20:32   #114
retchless

First, I'd like to say thanks for all the great work that you do DrO. The time you put in, and the quality of the plugins you create...it's all really quite amazing.

I had a few thoughts about JTFE that might be shared by some others out there. Would it be possible to: a) add an option so that once the queue has been played through completely, Winamp returns to and plays the song that was next in the playlist before the queue was created, and b) maintain shuffle ordering after the queue is done.

The reason for these requests has to do with how I generally listen to music. I often create short (10-30) song playlists, for mood or whatever , and would like to be able to queue up a song that's partway down the list, and have it resume it's previous order when the queue is empty. I workaround this by just sliding the music order around in the playlist, but it would be nice to use JTFE.

I also tend to make playlists of 200+ songs and have them shuffle through. When I think of a song I want to hear, I use JTFE to queue it up. When the queue is empty, I'd like it to go back to shuffling, without repeating any of the songs that have just been played in the near future. I don't know if this is something that you have control over at the plugin level, but I thought I'd suggest it anyways. Cheers.
retchless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2005, 02:42   #115
DrO

it's almost 3am here now so i'll be posting the change log and all that when i get up/after i get back from work depending on when i get up in the morning..

but here's the build #6 link (there's a number of hopeful big fixes to a few things reported left over from the build #1 and hopefully billyvnilly's build #5 issue)

http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/files/j..._(Build_6).exe

-daz (tired and sleepy coding monkey)

p.s. i'll reply back to a few of the recent posts when i get up
Old 17th June 2005, 04:08   #116
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
DrO,

If you click DEFAULTS in JTFE, and then click the Display or Coloriser tabs, Winamp silent crashes. If you do not tamper with the DEFAULTS button you're fine. Removing the JTFE section from the registry is of no use, because winamp.ini isn't modified after the silent crash--the old settings from before DEFAULTS remain (even if you do remove it, you'll be fine).

Winamp 5.093
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~1694 Mhz
[Sound Device] Name SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio (onboard)
[Display] Name ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600 Series
DirectX 9.0c

[edit2]

ABOVE BEHAVIOR OCCURRED ON AN INSTALL WITH SEVERAL THIRD-PARTY PLUGINS. HOWEVER, THE BELOW BEHAVIOR DOES OCCUR WITH A CLEAN INSTALL OF 5.093. JUST CLICKING DEFAULTS WILL NOW CAUSE WINAMP TO SILENT CRASH.

[/edit2]

Egg has also reproduced this, although he says it crashes upon clicking Defaults only.

Also, a small quirk, I get a message to update JTFE from build 6.

Title: Jump to File Extra Update Available
Text: An update is now available for Jump to File Extra (0.97)

Would you like to get the new version?

Buttons: Yes, No

Selecting yes opens up a browser window pointing to http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/files/J...xtra_v0_97.exe which is a dead link for now.

Just thought to point that out

Otherwise looks good and can't wait to see the changelog

[edit]

To resurface some of the things I brought up in earlier posts that are still to be implemented, so you don't have to go searching:

-Allow for ML integrations to be enabled at the plugin level (through preferences) but hide them in the Send To: menu if there is no ML data present.

[/edit]

Last edited by jmatthews112; 17th June 2005 at 04:59.
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2005, 06:22   #117
fisher819

Send a message via Yahoo to fisher819
i will test it as soon as 5.093 has finished downloading (it's taking forever)

help us count :Click here
fisher819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2005, 08:44   #118
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Is it already known tha the colour setup for queued items isn't being saved?

YtseJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2005, 08:50   #119
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
@YtseJam...

Quote:
Originally posted by Cadish
When I change the "Use separate colour for the main text", and "Use separate colour for the time entry text", these settings are not saved when I close and restart my winamp
and...

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
from the initial changelog >> http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/jtfe_dev.html#30/05/2005

Extended the playlist colouring support to be a lot more configurable (doesn't save settings since the internal api is not finished yet and is still subject to changes)

-daz
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2005, 08:52   #120
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Thank you.

YtseJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion