Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 1st May 2006, 21:51   #41
DrO

Koopa: you've only yourself to blame for having to alter the readme considering your suggestion

Juanus: maybe as a 3.0 or something like that but i've got to get back on with some other projects for now

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 21:55   #42
osmosis
Major Dude

wow, awsome work Daz. I've had no complaints from beta 2 on but by the looks of it the plugin's only getting better. thanks for coming back and making winamp more suitable to everyone's needs.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 22:32   #43
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
thanks for coming back and making winamp more suitable to everyone's needs.
I have to agree.

Just compiled a new build of the icon pack installer.

Btw, a link in the plugin, called:

Get Icon Packs

would be nice too. But I guess it's better for my health, to stop making feature requests, before DrO really wants to kill me.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2006, 06:04   #44
osmosis
Major Dude

this is asthetics (so not really important) but i thought i should report that there are discrepancies between what the mouse-over captions for Winamp and the gen_tray plugin display. To recreate, start playing a song on your playlist. then stop it and remove the song from your playlist. check the captions. winamp shows the previously played song still (still in the ticker, etc etc) but gen_tray appears to jump to the last track in the list (?). another way this can be shown is how you can play a song and then clear your playlist and add a diff song and winamp will show the new song as the currently playing one (in the playlist). then winamp's caption is still the current song and gen_tray is the newly added track.

again, i know this is splitting hairs, and i don't actually care if it's fixed or not, i just thought i'd let it be known.

Old 2nd May 2006, 09:07   #45
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
Quote:
Martin: If I would send you the other icon packs in a zip file via mail, are you able to create a compact.bmp for the other icon packs too?
send em to martin@skinconsortium.com

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
martin.deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2006, 17:29   #46
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
send em to martin@skinconsortium.com
Done. Thank you very much.
Old 3rd May 2006, 10:30   #47
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
Winamp Modern 0.4

updated icons attatched (Winamp Modern with vol-icons)

@DrO:
+ change icon positions of the volume-icons to [voldown] [volup] this is the default winamp position in most skins!
+ make autorepeat-volumebuttons: click and hold will fade volume up/down
+ make an option so that windows xp, won't autohide the unused icons!
Attached Files
File Type: rar iconpack_winamp_modern_0.4_by_martin.deimos.rar (12.3 KB, 350 views)

Old 3rd May 2006, 12:13   #48
DrO

osmosis: i'll check that out since the code i put in for that is from another plugin so if i can fix it then i can fix both

martin: i'll consider the up/down swap around. i've no idea on the click+hold thing and at this stage it's too late to really start adding in new features when this is at an rc stage. maybe as a 2.01 or something.

with the xp auto-hide thing, i don't think programs have any control over that and it's just a user thing (i could be wrong but i've not seen anything referenced on msdn at all about it unless it's really hidden away)

-daz
Old 3rd May 2006, 18:01   #49
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
+ make an option so that windows xp, won't autohide the unused icons!
As DrO said, I think you cannot change it. I'll search in the MS knowledge base.

At least I'll add an information in the readme of the icon pack installer, that Windows XP maybe hides the icons.
Old 4th May 2006, 00:27   #50
DrO

i've made a few changes from rc1 but since there's still one bug left that i want to fix i'll release a new rc tomorrow now (running out of time to find a working fix * ). changes made so far are to swap the volume icons around (wasn't keen on this but i can see the benefit of a consistancy with the Winamp ui), added in what the order of the icoX entries is (since it's not clear unless you already know) and added in caching of the current playlist item to mimick Winamp's behaviour near enough for the compact mode tooltip (will resort to showing Winamp X.XX where applicable for consistancy as well)

* The issue i need to fix is that if you have the compact icon showing, if Winamp is paused and you stop playback when the compact mode is flashing the pause state then it will show the pause and open parts on the icon instead of play and open. Due to this, the next public build shall be RC 4

-daz
Old 4th May 2006, 08:40   #51
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

here are 5 completed iconpacks + 2 new ones

one is still missing - the grafix rework is a bit tricky with these, so i'll post em later
Attached Files
File Type: rar 5 updated + 2 new iconpacks.rar (57.6 KB, 396 views)

Old 4th May 2006, 08:59   #52
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Wow

Now it's up to me to integrate all the updated icon packs. Holy shit.

Thank you very, very much, martin.

Just the HannesNZ icon pack isn't updated yet.

[Edit]Just renamed all bitmap.bmp files to compact.bmp.

I'll send an updated test installer to DrO.

Last edited by Koopa; 4th May 2006 at 09:52.
Old 4th May 2006, 09:57   #53
DrO

i think it was the Inverses's pack that i had some pre-made volume icons and also the psd the whole lot were made from. when i get home i'll have a look for them and send them over to you martin if you're interested

koopa: can you remember to swap the order of the volume icons around so it goes down then up (better to do it in one go rather than have to do another re-build, heh). also i'll email you about an icon pack that was recently submitted to the winamp.com site

-daz
Old 4th May 2006, 10:06   #54
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
can you remember to swap the order of the volume icons around so it goes down then up
Ahh, I've forgotten this in Build 4.1.

I'll update the installer again (maybe later this day or tomorow, we shall see).
Old 4th May 2006, 10:37   #55
DrO

not to worry for the moment since it'll be correct for the current rc build, heh

-daz
Old 4th May 2006, 12:12   #56
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Quote:
i think it was the Inverses's pack that i had some pre-made volume icons and also the psd the whole lot were made from. when i get home i'll have a look for them and send them over to you martin if you're interested
you can do that, but I faked the original icon style very well - Inverted are one of my favorite icons

I'll post HannesNZ maybe tomorrow!

Old 4th May 2006, 19:28   #57
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Yet another preview.

Old 4th May 2006, 21:11   #58
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

here is an updated version of Winamp Modern!
Attached Files
File Type: rar iconpack_winamp_modern_0.5_by_martin.deimos.rar (12.4 KB, 354 views)

Old 4th May 2006, 21:13   #59
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

...and here are the finished HannesNZ icons!

so this should be all work from me!
perhaps i'll post a few iconpacks in a few days (vortex,...)
Attached Files
File Type: rar hannesnz.rar (12.3 KB, 359 views)

Old 4th May 2006, 22:01   #60
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by martin.deimos
here is an updated version of Winamp Modern!
Martin can you enlighten me, wich changes you've made since the last update?

File size is the same as in your last version.

Thanks.

Quote:
...and here are the finished HannesNZ icons!
Thanks. Already compiled new installer and sended the file to DrO. (Btw this is one of my favorite icon packs)
Old 4th May 2006, 22:54   #61
DrO

new installer build seems to be working fine here (with my main and test setup) though you might want to check the spelling of mercury on the license text

just leaves what to do with the Icon Replacement pack since i quite like that one (especially it's compact mode icon). so for me it's either that or the Mercury pack which are my favourite.

-daz
Old 4th May 2006, 23:51   #62
DrO

v2.0 RC 4

Changes:
  • Volume up/down icons swapped around for UI consistancy
  • Added to the icp information the order of the files in the icp file
  • Altered the compact mode tooltip text to cache the currently playing song so it better matches with Winamp's display
  • Added in handling on the preferences so that it'll drop back to the default icon pack if the icon pack which was last selected had been moved
-daz
Old 5th May 2006, 00:23   #63
hannes

Hey Martin,

Thanks for updating my Icon Pack, I havn't had the time yet They look good.

Koopatrooper, I'm glad you like my icons

Edit: Martin, I got the the extra icons, and the icp file from the attachment, but the vol up and down icons are the wrong way around.
hannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 00:42   #64
DrO

the version that's in the installer is the correct way around it seems from the clean install i've just re-done to verify things.

-daz
Old 5th May 2006, 01:11   #65
DrO

v2.0 RC 5

Changes:
  • Altered the parsing of the Tray_Control folder so that it will handle multiple icp files in any of the folders
The effect of this change is to allow multiple icp files to be present in a folder in the main Tray_Control folder. where the icp and folder names match then you will just have the icp filename displayed in the combobox. if the icp and foldernames do not match then you will see %folder%\%icp% in the listing (done this way to make it easier to manage things without overly complicating the internal logic and makes it clear when you have funny icon packs. basically see below if none of that made sense, heh

-daz
Old 5th May 2006, 01:51   #66
hannes

I have a question,

Is the icon pack going to be a seperate install, or included with the plugin?
hannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 02:12   #67
osmosis
Major Dude

most likely seperate because it would be too complicated for nullsoft to include the icon packs in the winamp installer.

Old 5th May 2006, 12:10   #68
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

ah then i would guess we should make mac os c\Blue and mac os x\clear? or sort them by author?

Old 5th May 2006, 13:03   #69
DrO

the main reason for the change was that i came across an icon pack submitted to the winamp.com site which had two variants of the same design with only one of the icons being different and due to the way it had to work for the v1.0 that it was designed for it had both icp files together.

as for what to do with the Mac OS ones, i'm not too sure though i'd probably leave it as it is since they are distinct versions.

-daz
Old 5th May 2006, 17:55   #70
osmosis
Major Dude

I'm wondering about the 1-bit (pink) transparancy still. The default still shows with a white background (even though when i extracted it there was the pink bg in the file), so I've been using my own with alpha-transparancy and it seems to work. Is the white intended in the default? If so, then why the 1-bit trans color?

Screenshots as follow (if for some reason it's an isolated occurance on my machine):

Old 5th May 2006, 18:04   #71
DrO

the default icon is meant to be an all white background. as for the general transparency support, i need to have a thorough look at the code since i have a feeling something isn't quite right with it since really icon #6 should be true transparent and then the bitmap layered over the top of that since changes to the windows style won't be correctly reflected with the icon background. i'll look into this over the weekend.

-daz
Old 5th May 2006, 18:37   #72
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Just one thing, wich Dro has forgotten:

Changelog Tray_Control 2.0 RC2:
  • added link to the plugin for downloading icon packs.
Quote:
though you might want to check the spelling of mercury on the license text
Damn, this is really an old bug, it depends on the backup files, after one of my local drives crashed, I used the backup files and had rewritten the script from the scratch. The folder on my drive was wrongly was named "Mecury" instead of "Mercury".

I'll fix all related typos in the next build.

[Edit]Just compiled Build 4.3:
  • fixed all typos related to the "Mercury" pack in licence, installer and on my local drive.
  • fixed other small typo in licence file
  • readded "Icon Replacement" pack.

We need volume icons for this pack, and I still don't like the name, maybe I'll find a better name before we ship the installer

Quote:
Edit: Martin, I got the the extra icons, and the icp file from the attachment, but the vol up and down icons are the wrong way around.
As DrO already said, I've fixed this in the installer version of the pack.

Last edited by Koopa; 5th May 2006 at 19:48.
Old 5th May 2006, 18:53   #73
DrO

heh

-daz
Old 6th May 2006, 13:46   #74
DrO

i've been trying to fix the compact transparency issue on themed XP setups and i'm not getting on too well at the moment. i've fixed the main bulk of the issues with the compact bitmap and it's transparency so that it will now correctly adapt based on system colour changes. with themed xp installs i'm not too sure at the moment why it's not correctly working, i think it could be the way i'm generating the image that's the issue so will see if i can find anything else on the issue.

-daz
Old 6th May 2006, 17:27   #75
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

I have smoothed the open/prev/next icons and gave them a 1px black border! they're now looking much better!

koopa, can u ensure that volup/down icons are placed right in the iconpacks in your installer! after the changes to rc5 they are wrong in ALL my iconpacks please repair that!

Old 6th May 2006, 17:30   #76
DrO

all of the icon packs have been adjusted already in the installer and work correctly as expected in the testing i've done with it.

on a plus note i've fixed the transparency issue with the compact icon and have something else to do and that's rc6 on it's way (and hopefully the final rc build as well)

-daz
Old 6th May 2006, 18:26   #77
DrO

v2.0 RC 6

Changes:
  • Fixed the setting of the current icon pack on the preferences to show it correctly (was part broken with the support change in rc5)
  • Added onto the plugin info message about the use of pink (RGB 255,0,255) for transparency support in the compact icon's bitmap
  • Reworked the compact icon creation so that it will now correctly generate (i hope) the transparent area as required
Hopefully that's it now as i can't find any other bugs and i want a final build now

-daz
Old 6th May 2006, 22:11   #78
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

thanks!
when will v2.00 be released?

Old 6th May 2006, 22:21   #79
DrO

as soon as i've a full confirmation from osmosis and koopa that things are fine

-daz
Old 6th May 2006, 23:47   #80
osmosis
Major Dude

The white background i reported before is now present in both the default and my alpha transparent icp.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
icon, icon pack, tray, tray control