Old 5th November 2006, 23:51   #41
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by EfaustuS9
dork
Cool. Now I'm totally sold on the console. Despite the Wiidiculous name, November 19 marks the first time I will wait in line to buy a game system, let alone anything.

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 00:01   #42
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Hey I've got an idea: I'm just gonna print this on a sticker and slap it on my Revolution when I get one:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg revologo.jpg (4.1 KB, 278 views)

Old 12th November 2006, 15:44   #43
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
some virtual console news.

Here is a Q&A with a nintendo rep concerning the virtual console.

It also appears that the rumble feature will be removed in all virtual console n64 games, see here.

EfaustuS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2006, 17:34   #44
sgtfuzzbubble011

It's a good thing I've still got all my N64s, controllers, and games. I won't need the Wii to play Starfox 64, Goldeneye, or Mario Kart 64.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2006, 18:00   #45
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
Quote:
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
It's a good thing I've still got all my N64s, controllers, and games. I won't need the Wii to play Starfox 64, Goldeneye, or Mario Kart 64.
I don't think it will be too much of a hindrance for I have played through notable titles such as Mario 64, Zelda OOT, Zelda MM, MarioKart 64, Goldeneye and Smash Bros on my computer using an old PSone controller that lacks both the rumble ability and the analog sticks.

-------------
10 things you may not of know about the Wii

Here is a run through of wii gamecube compatibility.
Old 12th November 2006, 18:14   #46
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

The more I read and see about the Wii, the less I want one, right to the point of this conversation I had with Mrs Jones about 30 minutes ago...

Mrs J ...'What can I get your for Xmas?, do you want one of them new Nintendo things?, you've been on about them all year'

Me...'Actually, no, I don't want one of them , don't think I'd ever use it to be honest, or I'd use it for a day or two and get bored with it. Save your money'

Mrs J...'Bloody hell you are impossible!, you could have said, have to cancel my pre-order now!!!!!'

So, there you have it, I've officially turned away from the Wii......

I did the same thing a few years ago apparently, I'd talked up the Xbox right to the point where she went and bought one and then I started on about I'd never use it and I'd prefer a GC if given the choice, she ended up taking it back before Xmas, too late however to find me a GC heh.
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2006, 01:20   #47
sgtfuzzbubble011

Bah.

Quote:
I don't think it will be too much of a hindrance for I have played through notable titles such as Mario 64, Zelda OOT, Zelda MM, MarioKart 64, Goldeneye and Smash Bros on my computer using an old PSone controller that lacks both the rumble ability and the analog sticks.
I'm talking about the REAL THING, man...
Old 13th November 2006, 07:44   #48
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Quote:
Bah.

I'm talking about the REAL THING, man...
..and I am talking about the virtual thing . The thing which many will be experiencing through the wii for a fee and the thing which I have experienced through my PC for free . Neither is a perfect translation of the original but they have there respective appeals. Power to you though, Mr. Keeper of consoles past.
Old 15th November 2006, 23:38   #49
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

I got the opportunity to try out the system at my local Gamestop a couple days ago. The only game available was Excite Truck. In that game you hold the Wiimote sideways and rotate it like a steering wheel. The 1 and 2 buttons are gas and brake. I have to admit, it was easy to get the hang of (and even kind of fun), but the novelty began to wear off after about ten minutes of play. The game was just too simple (due to the lack of buttons on the controller there really can't be any extra features like gear shifting and the likes) and the graphics on the 16:9 LCD (looked like 480i) appeared to be worse than the Gamecube's. There was a rumble feature in the controller but it was too weak and subtle to be very noticeable.

The OS's navigation system is creative, however it seemed almost impossible to get the on-screen cursor to stay still; no matter how still I held my hand, it would sorta wobble in place. Hopefully there is some sort of sensitivity control (I didn't see one).

I was really hoping I could try out Twilight Princess or Wii Sports (how fun those games are will decide if I buy the console or not)...

All in all, I felt like I was playing a Gamecube with a NES controller that was empowered my dark forces to detect its position in space.

I just wish the thing had more buttons... and better graphics.....

Last edited by Psythik; 16th November 2006 at 00:03.
Old 15th November 2006, 23:51   #50
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by Psythik
novelty
Ding ding.... the one word that sums up my thoughts on Wii...
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 00:43   #51
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
Excite Truck is a particularly retro game, so it doesn't seem like the best example. I wonder why it's on those demo stations and not Wii Sports.
I'll have my reviews to share in a few days time...

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2006, 02:41   #52
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

everyone keeps calling the wii's motion senseing what-not's a thinly established novelty. while it seems to me that its ways are no less or more of a fad than pushing buttons were when that became the way people interacted with video box doo-dads.

Omit Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2006, 02:40   #53
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Had Nintendo listened to Miyamoto I might have pre-ordered one (which would of been a first for me).

what miyamoto wanted

it seems nintendo got a poor deal on the wii's 512MB internal NAND memory.

and the Wii may get DVD playback afterall... just later... and for yet more money.

well la de da

wanna wii today then try sears, they have clean lavatories and not-yet released consoles.

Last edited by EfaustuS9; 18th November 2006 at 03:23.
Old 22nd November 2006, 15:49   #54
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

The sensor bar does not sense anything. It turns out that the Wii's sensor bar sends out and IR signals instead of receiving them, as witnessed in the given link which shows a man suplementing the sensor bar with two tv remotes. suggests the possibility of making ones own wireless sensor bar.

also if you dont feel inclined to pay $5.00 dollars for the privilege to play a 20 year old rom on your wii well there are other options.
Old 22nd November 2006, 18:45   #55
sgtfuzzbubble011

What... is the sensor bar a separate accessory or something? How would you play a Wii without one? It's apparently a necessary item to use the Wiimotes, so I'd naturally assume that it'd be included with the Wii... and if that's the case, makes me wonder why anyone would want to make their own.
Old 22nd November 2006, 19:19   #56
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Quote:
What... is the sensor bar a separate accessory or something? How would you play a Wii without one? It's apparently a necessary item to use the Wiimotes, so I'd naturally assume that it'd be included with the Wii... and if that's the case, makes me wonder why anyone would want to make their own.
the sensor bar is indeed in the case but there are some complaints concerning the length of the cable for this sensor bar. These complaints are primarily coming from individuals with particularly large TV's and/or entertainment stands who can not place the bar as desired. This short coming ultimately results in unsightly sensor bar placement and possibly uncomfortable play, hence why a makeshift wireless one may appeal.
Old 23rd November 2006, 19:07   #57
sgtfuzzbubble011

I forsee Nintendo releasing a $5 sensor bar extension cable soon.
Old 25th November 2006, 19:35   #58
Jodick14
Banned

wow!*junk removed*
regards, Jodick14
Jodick14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2006, 04:52   #59
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Having had some personal time with a set of wiis, I can say that Wii Sports is very fun, much more fun if you have people to play with--it's not the kind of game you'll be obsessed about playing. It's the kind of game that's fun for a few hours a week when you want to have fun.

There's a very simple test of how much you'll enjoy the Wii:

Are you a social or a lone player? If you play alone, or with other hardcore gamers, you might not want the Wii (yet) until there's a larger (second-generation) library. However, if you have a family, like young kids, parents, relatives, non-gamer friends or what have you, then get the Wii. It's the best possible mix of board games, competitive sports, and television. This thing converts disinterested non-gamers into devotees, especially in groups.
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2007, 17:36   #60
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

a wii priced at about what it should have been originally.

~$200.00
Old 15th March 2007, 00:25   #61
Attax
Banned

I suck!
Attax is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center