Old 1st December 2008, 17:53   #1
brIbrY

New IPod Nano Autorecognition with 5.541?

Today is my first Winamp day.

So I took leave from Fort Bragg, NC for Thanksgiving and visited my parents in Byron, IL.

My dads really good at Computers so I asked him if he could sit around and cuss out My 2008 Red Sony Vaio (I bought in March and Windows Vista that came with it); all day and clean my computer and put all his good shit on it. He got rid of Music Match Jukebox, Itunes, and Windows Media player and downloaded Winamp yesterday.

I plugged in my Ipod and clicked Portables. "Portable Media Players Currently Connected" has nothing in it?

I think it'd be nice not to have to redownload itunes that did autorecognize my Ipod Nano from when I bought it new in July till now; and just have Winamp.

Any basic "Winamp for Idiots" troubleshooting recommendations or prescriptions on getting my Ipod Nano to be visible to winamp.

I'll be spending my last day before I fly out of Chicago O'hare trying to work this out and again very much awaiting any response to this post thread 12:50 MO 12-01-08

brIbrY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 04:30   #2
brIbrY

followup on connecting Ipod Nano to WinAmp 5.543

Well all I've figured out so far is I went to the Itunes.com forum and Ipods are usually formatted for Mac OS and now I'm I downloading Itunes to figure out how to reformat my Ipod. Again any imput on plugins or anything that would help would be so appreciated. I'll followup with a conclusion followup either way
Old 5th December 2008, 21:20   #3
brIbrY

Followup on Ipod Autoregonition 5.541

I gavein and downloaded Itunes and 5.541 autorecognition kicked in after that.

Maybe one day I'll delete Itunes and see if winamp autorecognition still kicks in but it'll be a while before I do that I think.

Plugin where winamp automatically kicks in instead of Itunes when you connect Ipod to computer???
Old 5th December 2008, 22:25   #4
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
You had the correct answer to your problem and how you are going backwards. The Ipod has to be windows formatted to work and then after that you do not need Itunes installed at all and winamp will still recognize it.
Juanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support