Old 2nd October 2007, 00:33   #1
rgATL
Major Dude

DSP gets stuck on "Receiving Authorization Response"

Hey Everyone,

I use the SHOUTcast DSP to act as a backup source server, should my primary server go down for any reason. To do so, I have a Winamp/DSP instance that tries to constantly connect to the DNAS (the idea being if the primary source server goes down, the backup DSP with automatically connect to the DNAS and maintain the music stream).

However, after awhile of trying to connect (sometimes hours, sometimes days) the DSP gets stuck on "Receiving Authorization Response" and can no longer connect if the primary dies.

Any idea why the DSP gets stuck like this? How can I fix it or workaround?

Thanks,
rg.
rgATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 05:19   #2
rgATL
Major Dude

Any thoughts anyone? Perhaps move to tech support forum?

rg.
rgATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 12:39   #3
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

You usuallly see that message in the DSP when you have found an HTTPd instead of a SHOUTcast DNAS...

Check your IP and port carefully.

Could also happen if there is another connection "stuck" on the DNAS source socket -- this usually happens when a source disisconnects ungracefully (without getting a chance to close the TCP connection correctly) -- in this case the DNAS will likely wait SourceIdleTimeout seconds, so check your DNAS setting here. Then lastly the socket may just get stuck, preventing the new source from being able to do anything. A DNAS restart may cure this (*but I know this is not the answer you were looking for).
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions