Old 11th January 2008, 04:17   #1
rcstorm89

Who'll win the Presidential primary?

I say Barrack Obama barely beats Hilary Clinton for democrats, and John McCain wins for republicans.
rcstorm89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 05:28   #2
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
I like that prediction. Seems very plausible. Though, its gonna be close with Hillary and Obama.
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 15:56   #3
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

I still like John Edwards and I sent him a check to help him out. I like that he's identified the enemy and is unafraid to fight. Obama's my second choice. I think he, too knows the enemy but is a bit to cautious about saying so to not anger his corporate sponsors. That's why he'd my second choice. Hillary loves the enemy and would be a less than worthless president, though not as damaging as chimpy is or any of the rethublican clowns.

McCain: His platform is "I'm old and a hothead but not as batshit crazy as the rest of the Republican nutballs. It's my turn, dammit!"

"Which is worse, ignorance or indifference?"

"I don't know, and I don't care."
watadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 16:30   #4
gaekwad2
Foorum King

in before Ron Paul flamewar
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 18:02   #5
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul. My flames bring all the moths to the yard, they're hotter than yours.
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 19:38   #6
gaekwad2
Foorum King

This thread reminds me of...
Everybody loves online quizes, right?

I got

Who the hell is Mike Gravel?
Old 11th January 2008, 22:18   #7
Namelessv1
Forum King

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0rZdAB4V_j8
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 22:42   #8
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Mitt Romney ftw
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 23:43   #9
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by tuckerm
Mitt Romney ftw
what

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 23:47   #10
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Well, one person on the internet has to like him.
Old 12th January 2008, 03:13   #11
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
I wouldn't have any idea who would win...

Hillary Clinton is a Clinton, so she has 9 political lives...On the other hand, if you don't vote for Obama, you're a racist bigot against blacks...But Edwards is definitly washed out (That's why Kerry endorses Hillary and not Edwards )...I highly doubt that Hillary would in the end be the president, since I think America wouldn't want another Clinton in office as much as they wouldn't want another Bush in office...She might make it far enough to take easy potshots at Obama's lack of experience to bring down his hype, which would no doubt bring her closer to the goal, but she's still not a candidate of inevitability...

I would favor Thompson or Romney, since Thompson has shown himself to be more of a conservative than the rest of the Republican field, with Romney coming in second...Huckabee would be better off running as a Democrat, McCain's middle-of-the-aisle stance makes him too much of a lilly-livered moderate, Gulliani talks a conservative foreign policy but he's domestically a liberal, and Ron Paul is...Well, Ron Paul is Ron Paul...Fuck, would someone get him some more cocaine already?

I have a feeling the drive-by media will try to prop up McCain or Huckabee, though...They've already propped up Obama out of white guilt, though (But in private, they would still pull the white lever)...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2008, 03:48   #12
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Romney's a slick opportunist. He used to do everything to make money. Now he does (and says*) everything to get elected.

*even if it's the opposite of what he said to get elected in Massachusetts

Still, better a slimebag as president than another nutcase I'd say.
Old 12th January 2008, 05:36   #13
mikm
Major Dude

Actually, Kerry endorses Obama.

In terms of political ideologies, I'd like most to see Kucinich as president. However, if I have to weigh in charisma/electability, I'd pick Edwards or Obama.

powered by C₂H₅OH
mikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2008, 05:58   #14
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by mikm
Actually, Kerry endorses Obama.
Ahh...I misremembered a headline I read on Thursday...

That's still a slap in the face for Edwards, though...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 16:10   #15
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
I wouldn't have any idea who would win...

Hillary Clinton is a Clinton, so she has 9 political lives...On the other hand, if you don't vote for Obama, you're a racist bigot against blacks...But Edwards is definitly washed out
You may be correct, but calling Edwards washed out at this stage of the game is silly. Two dinky states have had their primary/caucus and that represents exactly 5% of the process. Remember Dean was a "sure " winner at this point 4 years ago and Bill C. lost both iowa and nh in 1992. I'll be the first to admit that Edwards has a steep climb in front of him, especially with essentially a press blackout on him. I hope he sticks it our to the end so his issues and message can be heard -- he's the only viable candidate who's talking about breaking the choke hold the large corporations have on our system.

Old 14th January 2008, 16:25   #16
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by gaekwad2
This thread reminds me of...
Everybody loves online quizes, right?

I got
[Image]

Who the hell is Mike Gravel?
I am a, 9 - Moderate Progressive, 3 - Capitalist Purist, 0 - Anarchist, 4 - Moderate Pacifist

Which makes me a "Hardcore Libertarian", and my closest candidates are:

Bill Richardson - 85%
Joe Biden - 83%
Barack Obama - 79%
Ron Paul - 79%
Chris Dodd - 77%

Which is about what I would expect. The only reason I would rank those candidates differently is because certain things are far more important to me, and there's more to a politition than their most-recently-stated views (for example, is the same position as the last time they gave a speech?).

In any case, it's likely Ron Paul will not get the Republican nomination (though I will vote for him in the Primary anyway). If he doesn't, and Obama gets the Democrat nomination (which I hope and think he probably will), he's got my vote.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 19:36   #17
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
Agreed, xzxzzx. As much as I would like to see someone else get the nomination, the candidate will be either Hillary or Obama. I sure hope it's Obama and will vote for him if it is.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 11:02   #18
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by tuckerm
Mitt Romney ftw
So you'd vote for a guy who believes that some douche read another testament of the bible out of a hat from gold plates that nobody ever saw. And when he was asked to repeat his translation, he couldn't.

For me that's right next to voting for a creationist.

If you're a true republican, you should be voting for Dr Paul.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 11:08   #19
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Isn't Paul a creationist?
Old 18th January 2008, 11:47   #20
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

As far as I can tell, he's trying very hard to stay out of the debate (presumably to not anger anyone on either side).

If you have evidence otherwise by all means post it.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 12:15   #21
gaekwad2
Foorum King

enough?

Oh, and you didn't know of when he was pandering to white supremacists* either?

(stormfront still loves him btw)

*original sauce
Old 18th January 2008, 17:36   #22
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
So basically, because a staff writer pandered to white supremacists and because he has expressed a failure to accept evolution (while protesting the question being asked), he is unelectable?

Given the choice between these two failings (if you call them that) and the failings of the other candidates, you think these are most important? I for one based my decision to support Ron Paul on his voting record--you know, something relevant to the office should he get it. Government is too big, he would trim it down. He would keep us from intervening overseas. He would do away with the privately owned Fed. He believes strongly in gun rights. He supports jury nullification (you know, that thing that helped end Prohibition.) He voted against the Patriot Act, the REAL ID act, opposes eminent domain, domestic surveillance, has voted to end affirmative action, rejects universal health care, wants to allow industrial hemp growth and persecution of medical marijuana users, wants to finally end the drug prohibition, and so on.

We disagree in one or two places policy-wise. He thinks marriage (and things like sodomy laws) should be left to the states, but I see too much potential for abuse there. But I believe the only real solution to that question would be a constitutional amendment, regardless. Citizens need more rights enumerated. So basically, Ron Paul is the only candidate I can support.
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 18:17   #23
xzxzzx
Forum King

Holy crap gaekwad2, still up to your old tricks, eh?

Quote:
enough?
This is a long discussion, but let's just sum it up as:

Based on what Ron Paul's said, he "believes in" evolution, but doesn't accept a non-Godly source of life (which is not the same thing as evolution -- although the source of the "I don't accept evolution as a theory" quote is a question about creation).

Here's the real thing to talk about, though: It doesn't matter what he thinks about evolution, because it wouldn't matter in how he'd run the executive branch of the Federal government.

Quote:
Oh, and you didn't know of when he was pandering to white supremacists* either?
Sigh. What would it take to make it obvious that the man isn't racist? Some NAACP President who's known the man for a long time to say he isn't racist? Yeah, like that's ever gonna happen.

Quote:
(stormfront still loves him btw)
Nice logical fallacy there. Guess that means, say, God is a racist too, considering the number of Christians that are bound to be on that forum, right? Right?

That's a big ol' heap o' Fail.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
Old 18th January 2008, 20:19   #24
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Ah yeah, all just taken out of context...

...exept his whole "NWO" rhetoric reeks of nazi conspiracy theories.
(Also, how do you take a whole newsletter out of context?)

Oh and, read closely, he doesn't need to be racist to pander to them.

Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
Nice logical fallacy there. Guess that means, say, God is a racist too, considering the number of Christians that are bound to be on that forum, right? Right?
No, it simply means the same as any other endorsement.
If, say, Allen Greenspan would endorse Obama, who do you think would be the first to try to capitalize on it?
Old 23rd January 2008, 14:55   #25
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Ah yeah, all just taken out of context...

...exept his whole "NWO" rhetoric reeks of nazi conspiracy theories.
(Also, how do you take a whole newsletter out of context?)
When did I say anything about a newsletter being taken out of context? What are you smokin', man? Heheh. You Godwin'd yourself.

Quote:
Oh and, read closely, he doesn't need to be racist to pander to them.
Ah, your point makes even less sense than I thought. All right, fine. Let us say that Ron Paul is lying, and he really *did* at least read the newsletters and endorse them, and was really trying to pander to the "white-supremacist movement". Why the fuck would he do that?

I mean, it's not a big demographic, and the man's views are practically the antithesis of the idea of treating men as part of collective groups (rather than treating them as individuals).

Quote:
No, it simply means the same as any other endorsement.
Except that you're trying to use it in a reverse way, a way that doesn't make sense. It's like the old IQ test thing, "True or false: If all X are Y, and some Y are Z, then all X are Z".

Old 23rd January 2008, 17:54   #26
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
When did I say anything about a newsletter being taken out of context? What are you smokin', man? Heheh. You Godwin'd yourself.
Oh yes, sorry, his conspiracy theories only accidentally look exactly* like those spewed forth by Nazi fuckwits.

*Except of course he doesn't openly dwell on many bankers' Judaic faith.

Quote:
Ah, your point makes even less sense than I thought. All right, fine. Let us say that Ron Paul is lying, and he really *did* at least read the newsletters and endorse them,
because otherwise we'd have to suppose he had a newsletter published under his name, first as "Ron Paul Political Report", then as "Ron Paul Survival Report", without ever reading it or noticing its contents or the way it caused a stir among the far right.
Strange for a man who seems to take personal responsibilty so seriously.
(Besides, his head ghostwriter at that time, Lew Rockwell, is still one of his main advisers. (In a way it is admirable though that he hasn't used him as scapegoat yet.))

Quote:
and was really trying to pander to the "white-supremacist movement".
Ah, I love how you put that in quotation marks.

Quote:
Why the fuck would he do that?

I mean, it's not a big demographic, and the man's views are practically the antithesis of the idea of treating men as part of collective groups (rather than treating them as individuals).
To raise funds?
As part of a struggle among the libertarian movement (after seeing it would be going nowhere unless it managed to attract new allies)?
Your guess is as good as mine.
(That is, assuming his actions do make sense.)

Quote:
Except that you're trying to use it in a reverse way, a way that doesn't make sense.
It doesn't make sense to show who is still being attracted to him?
Viewed by itself you could of course argue he isn't responsible for his fans, but taken in combination with that atrocious newsletter, and his apparent unwillingness to distance himself from it for 15 years, or name the person responsible for it, well...
Old 23rd January 2008, 19:51   #27
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally posted by watadoo
I still like John Edwards and I sent him a check to help him out. I like that he's identified the enemy and is unafraid to fight. Obama's my second choice. I think he, too knows the enemy but is a bit to cautious about saying so to not anger his corporate sponsors. That's why he'd my second choice. Hillary loves the enemy and would be a less than worthless president, though not as damaging as chimpy is or any of the rethublican clowns.

McCain: His platform is "I'm old and a hothead but not as batshit crazy as the rest of the Republican nutballs. It's my turn, dammit!"
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahehehehehehe ahhh ahehehehe*whew*
I just love this! No, really!

I like Edwards also. I will vote for Obamama or Edwards!
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 15:25   #28
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Oh yes, sorry, his conspiracy theories only accidentally look exactly* like those spewed forth by Nazi fuckwits.

*Except of course he doesn't openly dwell on many bankers' Judaic faith.
Let's say they are exactly the same except for the Judaic-based stuff. So? Being racist doesn't mean you're wrong, nor does agreeing with what some particular racists have to say make you one of them. What you're saying is nothing more than an ad hominem attack, and a poor, logically flawed one at that.

Quote:
because otherwise we'd have to suppose he had a newsletter published under his name, first as "Ron Paul Political Report", then as "Ron Paul Survival Report", without ever reading it or noticing its contents or the way it caused a stir among the far right.
Strange for a man who seems to take personal responsibility so seriously.
(Besides, his head ghostwriter at that time, Lew Rockwell, is still one of his main advisers. (In a way it is admirable though that he hasn't used him as scapegoat yet.))
If you're going to talk about what's strange, let's talk about how there are no racist comments ever uttered by this man, as far as anyone knows, even after decades of public service -- how his writing style is totally different from the newsletters in question -- and how a President of a NAACP chapter who knows the man well says he's not racist, and yet people are still willing to believe that Ron Paul wrote those newsletters. That is "strange".

Quote:
It doesn't make sense to show who is still being attracted to him?
Viewed by itself you could of course argue he isn't responsible for his fans, but taken in combination with that atrocious newsletter, and his apparent unwillingness to distance himself from it for 15 years, or name the person responsible for it, well...
He hasn't named the person responsible (he says he doesn't know), that's true. And you might try and crucify him for that. But "apparent unwillingness to distance himself from it for 15 years"?

Quote:
Originally said by Ron Paul and published in 2001
They were never my words, but I had some moral responsibility for them . . . I actually really wanted to try to explain that it doesn't come from me directly, but they [campaign aides] said that's too confusing. 'It appeared in your letter and your name was on that letter and therefore you have to live with it.'

Old 24th January 2008, 16:47   #29
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Being racist doesn't mean you're wrong
Old 24th January 2008, 19:47   #30
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Of course it does!
Old 31st January 2008, 19:06   #31
xzxzzx
Forum King

Nice job taking my quote out of context, gaekwad2.

Can't make your argument? No problem, just set up a strawman.

Go fuck yourself.

(And in case you're stupid and not just dishonest, what I clearly meant was "...doesn't mean you're wrong about everything")

Old 1st February 2008, 05:52   #32
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
GOBAMA!
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 16:23   #33
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^We can hope!
Old 8th February 2008, 07:17   #34
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
I personally don't want another Clinton in the White House. I don't think I'm even registered to vote. If I am and I do vote I'll probably go with Obama or McCain.

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 00:46   #35
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

I root for Obama, and it is starting to look like he might make the nomination.

I realize that foreign policy is not, and shouldn't be the top priority for a candidate...

...but mark my words, he is the only candidate from either party - that has any sort of chance of restoring Americas image abroad. For all the attacks McCain is going to make on security policies - no amount of money is going to make Americans more secure, than a drastic improvement in how ordinary folks in the middle east perceives the United States - and no one can bring that about like Obama.

For those who might be curious, one of the large newspapers here have been running a web poll during the campaign

On the democratic side it looks like this: (with 3518 votes)

Obama 53%
Clinton 36%
Edwards 7%

On the republican side it looks like this: (1909 votes)
McCain 53%
Ron Paul 13%
Giuliani 12%

Last edited by ertmann|CPH; 17th February 2008 at 01:03.
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 15:24   #36
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

Googliani dropped a month ago. Same with Edwards. Why in Hell are people putting their names in a Web poll?

Old 18th February 2008, 22:30   #37
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

it's a running poll, i suspect someone voted for them while they we're still in the race
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 02:30   #38
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

ah, that makes sense.

Old 19th February 2008, 03:12   #39
Rellik
Major Dude

Another thing is that the candidates may publicly "drop out", but not file the proper paperwork with the states. So they remain on the ballot.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 14:53   #40
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude

As of now, I sorta like all three serious candidates, compared to you-know-who. We can expect a big improvement in January.
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News