Old 27th January 2008, 06:44   #1
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Hello, goodbye - The Hello Kitty AR-15

http://blog.riflegear.com/archive/20...-cute-and.aspx

Quote:
So called "Assault Weapons Bans" such as the now expired 1994 Clinton ban and the one still in place in states such as California seek to ban rifles that our misguided legislators feel have no purpose in civilian hands. They identify "evil features" they can use to generically classify these "military style" weapons in sweeping terms. Of course these features, such as plastic pistol grips, barrel shrouds, and bayonet lugs have absolutely nothing to do with the firearms potential lethality in the real world and are merely cosmetic features. After all, it really doesn't matter what color the firearm is if it fires the same ammunition right? Well, in the "spirit" of the California Assault Weapon Ban I decided to do my best to alleviate the fears of my fellow citizens and gun-banning legislators when I put together a new AR-15 for my wife. Below is the result of my painstaking work to transform an Evil Black Rifle (EBR) into a Cute Pink RIfle (CPR). Introducing the Hello Kitty AR-15!

In the hands of anyone else other than his wife, this can either be justification to shoot whoever holds such a rifle, or justification to shoot whoever makes fun of you if you hold such a rifle...

Edit by Twilightseer: resized all pics. Please refrain from posting huge-ass pics that break the forum layout. Thanks.

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 08:46   #2
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

, just .

I'm at a loss for words...

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 09:44   #3
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Damn, and I thought that I seen it all.
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 11:14   #4
Vil

lol, I saw pictures of this the other day but there was no story attached.

present day present time
Vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 11:18   #5
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Thats LEGAL?

Bloodyfuckinghell...

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 13:10   #6
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Vie
Thats LEGAL?

Bloodyfuckinghell...
Aw, c'mon!

At least they'll only use those to kill each other.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 17:59   #7
Vie
Forum King

Thats one way to look at it I guess.

Old 28th January 2008, 02:14   #8
sgtfuzzbubble011

Where's Missy? This'll be perfect for her on those days when she needs to vent some frustration.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 03:31   #9
General Geoff
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to General Geoff Send a message via AIM to General Geoff
Quote:
Originally posted by Vie
Thats LEGAL?

Bloodyfuckinghell...
Why wouldn't it be? It's just a semi automatic, gas operated rifle chambered for 5.56mm NATO, that happens to be painted pink and white with some decals.

I've seen more obnoxious paint schemes on much nicer rifles.

Also, the paint job is nice, but it's gonna get real dirty, real fast. The main reason why rifles have either blued or black finish usually, is because carbon deposits don't look as bad on them.

And another thing I just noticed: That has a really strange looking aftermarket grip.

General Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 08:17   #10
Vie
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by General Geoff
Why wouldn't it be?
Its an assault rifle, ok semi rather than full automatic, what the hell could you use it for?

Old 28th January 2008, 09:21   #11
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
I want one.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 14:10   #12
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

FRIENDLY FIRE!
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 22:08   #13
General Geoff
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Vie
Its an assault rifle, ok semi rather than full automatic, what the hell could you use it for?

Punching paper
Varmint hunting
High power rifle competitions
Plinking
Home defense
Survival

The list goes on...

Also; the term "assault rifle" is rather specific in that it refers only to select-fire rifles (with both semi auto and full auto capability). I like to refer to semi auto-only derivatives as EBRs (Evil Black Rifles).

Old 29th January 2008, 00:57   #14
Vie
Forum King

Survival?

Any situation in which you required the use of such a weapon would put the weapon in a situation in which it will break down, or run out of ammunition (Unless you want to carry enough to weigh you down in a situation where carrying as little weight as possible is a rather good idea), rather quickly. Your vastly better off with a good quality knife.

Home Defence?

From what? Roaming gangs of presidential candidates?
Actually... ..you may have a point there, Hillary Clinton is WAY too much like Thatcher. In which case a stake and holy water are probably a better bet than bullets.

Old 29th January 2008, 06:31   #15
General Geoff
Major Dude

Quote:
Any situation in which you required the use of such a weapon would put the weapon in a situation in which it will break down, or run out of ammunition (Unless you want to carry enough to weigh you down in a situation where carrying as little weight as possible is a rather good idea), rather quickly.
With a reloading bench, a stock of powder, primers, brass, and bullets (or even base lead with which to cast bullets), you can manufacture enough ammunition to last a lifetime. Without shelter where you could store said supplies, you're likely to die from the elements anyway.

And military-style weapons like the AR-15 don't break down so easily. Anything mechanical can malfunction and/or break, yes, but that's why these things are modular, with easy-to-replace parts. With proper maintenance and lubrication, an AR-15 will live longer than most people.

And yes, home defense. Because these rifles are derivatives of military weapons, it makes them particularly effective at dispatching threats of the two-legged kind. Given the choice between defending myself and my home with a single shot break action shotgun, a machete, and an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine, I'll take the AR-15 every time. It's simply a better tool for the job. No more, no less.

Old 29th January 2008, 06:50   #16
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally posted by Vie
Survival?

Any situation in which you required the use of such a weapon would put the weapon in a situation in which it will break down, or run out of ammunition (Unless you want to carry enough to weigh you down in a situation where carrying as little weight as possible is a rather good idea), rather quickly. Your vastly better off with a good quality knife.

Home Defence?

From what? Roaming gangs of presidential candidates?
Actually... ..you may have a point there, Hillary Clinton is WAY too much like Thatcher. In which case a stake and holy water are probably a better bet than bullets.
I really loved this!
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 07:34   #17
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
I'd just throw my eye at any intruder. If that doesn't scare them off, then they can have my shit.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 07:49   #18
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^Yeah! That might be a little "Unnerving!!"
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 10:23   #19
Vie
Forum King

Quote:
With a reloading bench, a stock of powder, primers, brass, and bullets (or even base lead with which to cast bullets), you can manufacture enough ammunition to last a lifetime. Without shelter where you could store said supplies, you're likely to die from the elements anyway.
Right, and you can carry all that with you of course. You would be amazed how laughably easy it is to survive if you have a knife and knowledge of the local flora and fauna.

Quote:
And military-style weapons like the AR-15 don't break down so easily. Anything mechanical can malfunction and/or break, yes, but that's why these things are modular, with easy-to-replace parts. With proper maintenance and lubrication, an AR-15 will live longer than most people.
And you of course will keep enough spares with you while your out in a survival situation, and lubricant, oh and time to maintain it of course.

Quote:
And yes, home defense. Because these rifles are derivatives of military weapons, it makes them particularly effective at dispatching threats of the two-legged kind. Given the choice between defending myself and my home with a single shot break action shotgun, a machete, and an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine, I'll take the AR-15 every time. It's simply a better tool for the job. No more, no less.
You don't live in a rough area do you?

I live in a street in which we had five murders, in six years. We have had two gunfights within a street of our house and god knows how many drugs raids around and about. The Police seem to regard anybody who lives in this area as a criminal as well.

If you did have such a weapon in this area, you would be the biggest target for every brain-dead idiot with a gun fixation. You would be making yourself a target.

Old 29th January 2008, 16:15   #20
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by Vie
I live in a street in which we had five murders, in six years. We have had two gunfights within a street of our house and god knows how many drugs raids around and about. The Police seem to regard anybody who lives in this area as a criminal as well.

If you did have such a weapon in this area, you would be the biggest target for every brain-dead idiot with a gun fixation. You would be making yourself a target.
That's a bit of an anecdotal situation, no more than living in a "safe" neighborhood where no one expects to get held at gunpoint by some Tec-9-toting thugs...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 29th January 2008, 23:19   #21
ScorLibran
Resident Floydian

I've noticed an interesting trend regarding attitudes toward the "survival" scenario. Most older people seem to prioritize the need for a dwelling - a location to build up as a home in the interest of sustenance, logistics and defense. Their first concern for survival is the ability to endure. Most younger people seem to put more emphasis on mobility - being able to carry belongings with reasonable convenience, increasing their chances of survival with the inherent benefits of free movement. Their first concern for survival is the ability to adapt.

This is not to say that in a time of crisis younger people shouldn't seek to make a home, or that older people shouldn't be as mobile as possible. But as somatic capabilities are reduced and we suffer continually declining potentials for effective mobility with age, it's natural - considering also that most older folks have made a home of their own at least once in their lives - that they would make it a survival priority.

It's just interesting to see the difference show up again here.

I'm a psychosomatic sister running around without a leash.
ScorLibran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 23:33   #22
fc*uk

[steps in]

I live near Detroit (actually, I don't. About 15 miles out, where it is safe. Saying I live in Detroit makes for better argument). I am going to have to side with Vie. If anyone down there knew that there was a house with a stash of military assault weapons, your house would be the first house in the entire city to get knocked down, no matter if you were involved or not, because the parties involved would want your guns. Yes, you just made yourself a target and got involved. All because you claimed the stash of AR-15's was for 'protection'.

Or better yet, the closest group of thugs would get you involved if they knew what you had in your house because you would be considered a threat.

Don't think that really happens? Read the Detroit Free Press for a week.

[/steps out]
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 06:09   #23
General Geoff
Major Dude

I live in a rather large city. Nowhere near Detroit or D.C. crime levels, but there is a criminal underbelly to it.

If some thugs want to raid my house for my tacticool guns, they're welcome to try. I'll either be home, which would be very bad for them, or my roommate will be home (he has more guns than I do), or in the unlikely event that neither of us are home, They can go ahead and try to break into my gun safe. Anything short of thermite would take them at least a half hour to get through it, and by then I'd be alerted of said break-in and the police will probably be there.

And besides, who advertises to thugs that they have a cache of AR-15s? And furthermore, you act as if ARs are rare or somehow special. There are tens of thousands of them (if not hundreds of thousands) in the hands of civilians all across the country. In any given neighborhood, there's a good chance someone there owns an AR-15 (or several). I don't see daily news reports of said houses being raided for their so-called assault weapons.

Old 30th January 2008, 07:32   #24
Vie
Forum King

You live in a country of 301,139,947 people, at least according to google.

Amongst those people there are Thousands of said rifles, thats still a lot less than 1/1000. Its extremely unlikely that anybody in your neighbourhood has one.

Last year BMW sold 336,000 cars, roughly, in the US. Add to that the number of BMW's already on the road over there in the US and you can lets say double that number.

So in a country with, lets say, 672,000 BMW's its still profitable to steal them and sell them on. Compare that to lets say 10,000 AR-15 rifles across the US, and each of those rifles requires either a bent gun dealer, forged documents, or just a random gun nut to get into the hands of criminals. Its got to be cheaper and more practical for those criminals who want one, to go into the home of somebody with one, than forge documents or bribe there way into getting one.

As to how they know? do you not have to practice with your guns? do your fellow gun enthusiasts see you practising? or indeed, dose anybody see you? Ever heard of 6 degrees of separation?

Midnight: Yep, it is.

Scor: Hum... ..not noticed that before, interesting point now you mention it though.

Old 30th January 2008, 08:09   #25
General Geoff
Major Dude

Quote:
Compare that to lets say 10,000 AR-15 rifles across the US
I was low-balling the figure, by a lot. Preliminary estimates put the number of ARs in civilian hands at well over a million. I would bet that there are over 10,000 AR-15s in my state alone. You must realize, you can buy one, ready-to-fire, for between $600 and $700. If you build your own from parts, drop that down to ~$500. That's one of the reasons they're so popular; because they're inexpensive and very high quality.

Old 30th January 2008, 08:28   #26
Vie
Forum King

That's still less than 1/100.

Old 30th January 2008, 08:31   #27
General Geoff
Major Dude

The point remains, more people own AR-15s than do plasma televisions. They are not rare by any definition.

And for what it's worth, the number rises drastically every day. The rifles have become exponentially more popular ever since the AWB expired in '04. I wouldn't be surprised if they become *the* most popular firearm in the country within the next few years.

Old 30th January 2008, 08:36   #28
Vie
Forum King

So everybody will have one, even the criminals.

And this makes you feel safer?

Old 30th January 2008, 08:40   #29
General Geoff
Major Dude

If literally everyone had one? Absolutely. For every violent thug on the street, there'd be a hundred law abiding citizens who would have the means to defend themselves against said thug. I'm a strong believer in the notion that every American (and everyone from other countries, for that matter) should own a rifle.

Old 30th January 2008, 08:51   #30
Vie
Forum King

Oh yes, and you would trust them to come to your assistance?

You trust them in domestic deputes to be sensible enough NOT to use the weapon?

Old 30th January 2008, 09:04   #31
General Geoff
Major Dude

Without trust, there can be no society.

And yes, I trust that the average person will not resort to use of deadly force during a domestic dispute. Not saying some won't, but no society is perfect. And frankly, if I don't trust you with a rifle, I don't trust you period.

Old 30th January 2008, 19:13   #32
Vie
Forum King

Good grief, Your seriously telling me that your sole measure of trust is weather or not a person can handle a firearm?

What kind of society measures trust in weapons proficiency?

What about people such as myself, people who will never pick up a firearm? Would you dismiss them because they object to having proficiency with a deadly weapon thrust upon them?

Old 30th January 2008, 19:25   #33
General Geoff
Major Dude

Not necessarily proficiency. While I think it's a shame that you're not proficient with a rifle, the key point is whether I trust you not to shoot someone (intentionally or accidentally) if there is a rifle in the room. If you truly have no desire to pick it up and would not, under any circumstances, do so, that's fine and dandy.

There's a lot of people who don't trust themselves with or around firearms, and that's who I'm talking about.

Though to be honest, due to your disinclination for understanding the basic principles behind small arms proficiency, I'm not too sure I'd trust you much in real life either.

Quote:
What kind of society measures trust in weapons proficiency?
A free one.

Old 30th January 2008, 20:07   #34
Vie
Forum King

A Scared one I think you mean.

And yes, you would not trust me because I have zero interest in using firearms. You are inherently biased against any pacifist or virtually anybody from Europe who has not served in the armed forces or has chosen to learn how to use a firearm. You admit that you do not trust those who choose to abstain from firearm ownership in your own country.

Perhaps it would be quicker to ask this:
Freedom = Right to own gun, Right to own gun = Freedom?

Old 30th January 2008, 20:34   #35
General Geoff
Major Dude

You might be scared of such a notion, but I'm not.

And I don't trust you not because you have zero interest in using firearms, but because you're disinclined to even understand them, yet still have a rather fond hatred toward them (unless I'm reading your first post in this thread incorrectly). And unfortunately, human nature always devolves to violence. Therefore knowing how to use a firearm (even if you don't like them) is a great skill to have. Mark my words, wherever you live, whatever country, doesn't matter, there will be open warfare within your borders (and probably near where you live) before you die. History tends to repeat itself.

Quote:
Perhaps it would be quicker to ask this:
Freedom = Right to own gun, Right to own gun = Freedom?
Pretty much. Freedom comes with responsibility though. And if, as a free person, you choose not to arm yourself, you're certainly entitled to do so, but by doing so you are neglecting the underlying responsibility of the freedom you have.

I won't get into old Revolutionary War cliches. It boils down to this: You don't like guns? Fine. That doesn't mean others should be barred access from them by passing a law making certain guns illegal.

And before you go ranting about how machine guns, rockets, mortars, and tanks are illegal, well no, they aren't. They're just highly regulated. If I had the capital, I could most definitely purchase a main battle tank, with a functioning main turret. And it would be perfectly legal as pursuant to the 1934 NFA, title II, as amended by the 1968 GCA, in reference to DDs (destructive devices).

Old 30th January 2008, 20:49   #36
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
If I had the capital, I could most definitely purchase a main battle tank, with a functioning main turret. And it would be perfectly legal as pursuant to the 1934 NFA, title II, as amended by the 1968 GCA, in reference to DDs (destructive devices).
That reminds me of this guy...Not quite a Challenger II, but still a tank none-the-less...

Old 30th January 2008, 21:52   #37
Vie
Forum King

Quote:
Mark my words, wherever you live, whatever country, doesn't matter, there will be open warfare within your borders (and probably near where you live) before you die. History tends to repeat itself.
Our borders?

The UK, who the hell is going to attack the mainland? Seriously, who the hell is going to attack us?

The French - There in Europe, we fight politically now.
The Germans - again in Europe so we fight politically.
The Russians - Hah, attack western Europe when there your current source of revenue?
The Chinese - Not likely, we have been buttering them up for years.
The Americans - Well, we are just about the only country in the world that will admit to being on your side. Publicly at least.
The Argentinians - Well the Falklands are a tempting target if there ever in the mood to risk public humiliation at the hands of a tiny Island nation thousands of miles away. Again.
Terrorists - Hah, we have been coping with terrorists for decades, quite a lot funded by you guys remember? and have yet to feel the need to "tool up".

Old 30th January 2008, 22:55   #38
fc*uk

Dude, responsibility is freedom. Yeah, I am not going to argue that; it is.

Ummmmmm.....

I'll take it your location posted under your name as being factual. Hence, you live in the US.

When was the last time you remember anyone taking responsibility for anything that they have done over here?

We fucking sue pharma companies because their medicine kills people when we are the ones not following the instructions in the first place. Remember McDonald's coffee? Someone burns themself and sues because the coffee was hot (please remember this has happened numerous times now). Yeah, no fucking shit, its a hot drink.

You are asking people here to own an assault riffle and be responsible with it? Parents can't even raise their children properly, and they are the first to blame "those damn gangs". Well, maybe if they actually cared and took a presence in their child's life. But nnnnnooooooooo .... it is not them.

.... back on topic, we can't even responsibly handle a hot beverage and you want people to handle a deadly weapon? No way.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 23:51   #39
sgtfuzzbubble011

I fully support what the General has said so far. You can't expect to keep your freedom if you willfully choose not to have means of protecting it from those who might want to take it away.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 05:33   #40
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Peace that cannot be enforced by the common man is tyranny.
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions