Old 17th August 2010, 18:46   #1
DrO

Unicode Taskbar Fixer v3.6 (17/12/2013)

Unicode Taskbar Fixer v3.6

If you've not experienced issues with the display of unicode text in your Windows taskbar then you probably do not need to install this. However if you have e.g. with ml_ipod installed then get installing to get your unicode taskbar text back!

The aim of this plugin is to fix older and unsupported plugins which have or cannot be updated to directly to support Winamp 5.34 and higher's support of unicode text in in Window's taskbar. By fixing this, it will also mean your Winamp notification icon tooltip will appear in unicode as well.

Once installed there is nothing else to do as this will check plugins Winamp attempts to load and will transparently fix them as required.

For those interested, this will change any calls to the SetWindowLongA(..) api with GWL_WNDPROC as a parameter to the corresponding SetWindowLongW(..) api call when used to subclass the main Winamp window thus making it work nicely.

Download Unicode Taskbar Fix v3.6
http://winampplugins.co.uk/unicodetaskbarfix/index.html

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 19:27   #2
osmosis
Major Dude

Epic genius! Thanks Daz!

P.S. I think the newer ml_ipod may have fixed the issue with that particular plugin.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 19:34   #3
DrO

ml_ipod doesn't have the fix in it though it was discussed in http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=318179 but there's not been any newer code submissions since abu's last posts (i tested the fix out with the current 3.09 download ).

as well i've been getting some pm's about my plug-ins having the issue (when they don't) i thought i'd finally get around to resolving the issue in some form.

-daz
Old 17th August 2010, 23:52   #4
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Damn DrO that thing was a good secret, huh? You never ever mentioned that you're working on a new kick ass plugin
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 05:09   #5
osmosis
Major Dude

Bad news. Seeing a nasty crash on Win7 Home Prem x64. Same exception and offsets each time I reproduce:

Faulting application name: winamp.exe, version: 5.5.8.2985, time stamp: 0x4c3b43ea
Faulting module name: kernel32.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdbde
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00012c49

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll

Occurred with the fix when I clicked through the various plugin pages in Preferences. I also noticed that One for Nunz pseudocolumns were broken (pre-crash) until I took UnicodeTaskbarFix.w5s out of Winamp\System.
Old 18th August 2010, 07:33   #6
DrO

osmosis: thanks for that, i'd expected there'd have to be a 1.1 as it was only 2 hours to get the 1.0 done it sounds like a duplicate recursion issue as One For Nunz re-loads the plugins to an extent so it's probably re-hooking things and hence the boom. will check it out.

koopa: was something i've been meaning to do ever since 5.34 but with a number of recent pm's about gen_undo being broken i'd thought i'd finally pull my finger out and see if what i thought was needed to fix it could be done

-daz
Old 19th August 2010, 16:21   #7
DrO

I've now released v2.0 (link in first post) which should work a bit better
  • Fixed a stack overflow crash with the One for Nunz plugin
  • Re-worked how the plugin hooks plugins to only hook those that require it (i hope)
Fingers crossed this one does work better (seems to from the tests i've done and doesn't mess up when run under a debugger now which is all good). I'll probably use part of the hooking code in a newer One for Nunz build to generate a report of older (not supporting 5.34+) plug-ins as it keeps cropping up every now and then.

And i hadn't realised until now that ml_ipod doesn't allow you to navigate through the preferences tree just by the keyboard, bad ml_ipod... which makes it tricker to do quick prefs page switching to check that things are working correctly especially with One for Nunz.

-daz
Old 20th August 2010, 15:03   #8
osmosis
Major Dude

Lookin' good! Can't make it crash anymore Thanks Daz!
Old 20th August 2010, 15:16   #9
DrO

yay, thanks for the confirmation - i really should have caught the issue but then when is a v1.0 ever around for that long

-daz
Old 24th September 2010, 17:54   #10
GravAMP

Crashes on load of iZotope Ozone 4 through VST Host DSP plug-in .
Winamp 5.581
Win7 x64
GravAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 17:59   #11
DrO

can you provide links to the plug-ins involved or zip them up and pm me the link please.

-daz
Old 24th September 2010, 17:59   #12
DrO

can you provide links to the plug-ins involved or zip them up and pm me the link please.

-daz
Old 24th September 2010, 18:26   #13
GravAMP

VST Host DSP v1.1.6 crashes when loading any VST plug-in with UTF2 in the Winamp's system folder.
Most of my VST plug-ins probably need activation/serial to work (not sure which do), but you can find free VSTs on google.
Also attached my Winamp plug-in list.
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (9.7 KB, 275 views)
GravAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 18:38   #14
DrO

ok, thanks for the link, will see what i can reproduce (as i've already got a v2.1 in the works to clean up a few things i've found when testing a few other plug-ins).

-daz
Old 13th October 2010, 11:11   #15
DrO

I've now released v3.0 (link in first post) which should fix GravAMP's crash and improves a few more things with the internal implementation.
  • Fixed a stack overflow crash with SetWindowLongA hooking e.g. with VST Host DSP plug-in
  • Improved how the plug-in's checking of plug-ins required to be patched
  • Improved how the plug-in gets the Winamp window to cope with /CLASS usage
-daz
Old 21st October 2010, 12:13   #16
QOAL
[STILL a retard!]

I updated to 5.59 beta when it came out yesterday, and installed the latest essentials pack along with this plugin and it seems it causes the window title to be just a single glyph, the first one it should be.
The title is correct when the plugin is removed.

Plugin list attached - I probably have something archaic lying about still.
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (9.9 KB, 279 views)

count!last.fmdastylishplanner
QOAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 12:18   #17
DrO

can you re-run the plug-ins list with v5.0 of the One for Nunz plug-in please (will give me a better idea of which plug-ins in your install it's working with with the additional report v5 creates) though i'm quite surprised for it to be causing such an issue (probably something is confusing it).

also you have a few of my older plug-ins in your install which were all updated recently (though would hold out updating until can work out what is breaking this plug-in first if that's ok):

Playlist Separator v2.1.8 [in_text.dll]
YMAMP v2.5 Beta 1 (x86) [in_ym.dll]
in_zip v0.6.8.0 [in_zip.dll]
Silence Detector v1.5 [dsp_silence_detect.dll]
Close After Current v1.5.2 [gen_cac.dll]
Skinned Preferences v0.86 alpha [gen_prefs_skin.dll]

and was a surprise to see this one in there...
Nullsoft Embedded Window Api Example v1.1 [gen_embedwnd.dll]

-daz
Old 21st October 2010, 13:11   #18
QOAL
[STILL a retard!]

Sorry, seems I'm quite out of date on the plugin front.

Lama attempts to grab the title only come out as ?????????????????????????°????, which is no help I'm sure. But for that it's only saying "1" in the taskbar instead of "173. The Birthday Massacre ..."

As for the embedded window, I was playing around the other day (I was happy because I managed to make a useful nsis plugin), managed to get it building with code::blocks and mingw, and then I kinda stopped because I've never really done a proper windows app (just sdl stuff).

While I'm here, the image for the British language pack on the plugins page has Winamp misspelt as Wnamp.
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (24.4 KB, 191 views)

Old 21st October 2010, 14:52   #19
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by QOAL View Post
Lama attempts to grab the title only come out as ?????????????????????????°????, which is no help I'm sure. But for that it's only saying "1" in the taskbar instead of "173. The Birthday Massacre ..."
maybe i've been starting at another plug-ins source code too long today or i'm not quite following what 'Lama attempts to grab the title' is referring to

Quote:
Originally Posted by QOAL View Post
While I'm here, the image for the British language pack on the plugins page has Winamp misspelt as Wnamp.
thanks for pointing that out, not sure how i missed that other than it was late when i uploaded it, heh.

-daz
Old 21st October 2010, 15:02   #20
QOAL
[STILL a retard!]

Oh just from something like spy++, when you look at the windows info. See I knew I shouldn't of needlessly reiterated what I'd previously said, followed by half arsed investigation into what it does set it too.

Old 15th October 2013, 01:10   #21
DrO

minor update to v3.0.2 (v3.0.1 had been in the last release of the Essentials PacK) mainly to fix a possible buffer issue and remove a check no longer needed now that this requires Winamp v5.64+.
Old 17th December 2013, 14:18   #22
DrO

bit of a larger update to v3.6 (as shipped with v5.666 build 3516) for those who want to get it separately which includes all of the fixes resolved from the earlier v5.66x client builds.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion