Old 26th October 2012, 22:07   #1
-Pepijn.

Getting radio sound effect

Hello People.

I have a installation with ShoutCast Transcoder & ShoutCast Server.
Now I want that radio sound effect on my radio. (That effect that skips the high & low tones, as on a the most radios)

Is there a plugin for that kind of sound for ShoutCast Transcoder / ShoutCast Server / Winamp / SAM Broadcaster? (The DJ's always use SAM Broadcaster, It isn't a big problem to switch to Winamp)

Sorry if I posted my question not in the good section.
Thank you,
Pepijn

Sorry for my bad English. I'm Dutch.
-Pepijn. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 05:44   #2
jaromanda
Forum King

equaliser?

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 10:55   #3
DrO

running at a low encoding bitrate and doing the best to ensure any inputs are from dodgy sources usually does it, heh.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 11:16   #4
-Pepijn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
running at a low encoding bitrate and doing the best to ensure any inputs are from dodgy sources usually does it, heh.

-daz
Thank you, Which bitrate do you recommend?
Old 27th October 2012, 11:35   #5
DrO

whatever gives you the effect you want. just if you go too low then it'll cause listener fatigue and people will then switch off. otherwise take jaromanda's suggestion and apply an equaliser filter on the audio and that way to try to get the effect.

as it's possible we're not giving you the right suggestion by not knowing that actual effect you want (as i'm interpreting it as trying to make it sound like an AM radio station).

basically, just play around with things until you get the effect you want (just expect people to complain that it's not nice to listen too for long periods of time).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 11:43   #6
-Pepijn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
whatever gives you the effect you want. just if you go too low then it'll cause listener fatigue and people will then switch off. otherwise take jaromanda's suggestion and apply an equaliser filter on the audio and that way to try to get the effect.

as it's possible we're not giving you the right suggestion by not knowing that actual effect you want (as i'm interpreting it as trying to make it sound like an AM radio station).

basically, just play around with things until you get the effect you want (just expect people to complain that it's not nice to listen too for long periods of time).

-daz

Thanks, may I link to a SHOUTCast Radio station that have the effect I want? Because I may not advertise ;p

Pepijn.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support