Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 19th September 2013, 00:56   #1
DrO

10 Years of Forums Frivolity - [Last updated: 17/12/2013]

As it's been 10 years since i first officially joined these forums, i thought i should do something to mark the occasion.

So what i am going to do from this point on is to start bringing back _some_ of the plug-ins i'd pulled earlier this year (which ones will be coming back i've yet to decide as some have already been natively merged into Winamp so there's no point in bringing some back). This is effectively an archival process as i don't expect anyone to jumping head over heels for unicode plug-in title support or to be making radically new plug-ins (less than 20 requests for the removed plug-ins in almost 6 months shows there's not really a demand for my stuff anyway).

The plug-ins that come back are going to be limited to running on Winamp v5.64 and newer (as that's easier for me to maintain against). If someone really needs a version of a plug-in for a Winamp client prior to v5.64, then i will now consider doing it but it will require some form of reasonable donation to cover the time spent (assuming that what is asked for is even possible for the Winamp version being requested) to either find out a compatible copy of the plug-in or to make a compatible version (which i doubt i'll get any requests to do but am putting that option out there now).

The first one to come back is the Enhancer DSP Compatibility Wrapper

I'll have to fix up the related page links over the next few days as well as bringing a few more that i've already got updated back (which i'll likely add to the end of this post as it progresses).

Updates:
Album Art Viewer (thread) [21/09/2013]
ML Exporter [02/10/2013]
Silence Detector [02/10/2013]
Playlist Separator (thread) [05/10/2013]
Time Restore & Autoplay (thread) [06/10/2013]
Skin Manager (thread) [06/10/2013]
ML Enqueue and Play (thread) [07/10/2013]
Save File As (thread) [14/10/2013]
Winamp Unicode Taskbar Fix (thread) [15/10/2013]
Yar-matey! Playlist Copier (thread) [23/10/2013]
Playlist Undo (thread) [23/10/2013]
Lite'n Winamp Preferences [23/10/2013]
JTFE (thread) [16/12/2013]
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 04:14   #2
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Oh fuck! I also reached 10 years (in may) and didn´t realized haha! Well congrats then, and thanks for stick around the way you do
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 08:52   #3
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Congratulations and above all: THANK YOU for everything you've done for Winamp, the forums, the plugins community and everything!

All the best!
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 10:26   #4
djpete
Major Dude

I think I'm around 10 yrs too as I changed names after a yr or 2 due to an old email address.
Good on you Dr O. And thanks for all your hard work over those yrs for a great product.
Here's to another 10.
:-)

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
djpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 19:24   #5
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
this is good news, I think more people appreciate it than is obvious.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2013, 08:37   #6
osmosis
Major Dude

Reading this honestly just made my day!

Thank you for all the work you've put in over the years Daz (and continue to put in)!

I can't imagine using Winamp without your plugins.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2013, 23:42   #7
Aminifu
Forum King

Congratulations!, DrO

The Winamp community is fortunate to have someone with your talent and dedication working for them.

Thank you for all you have done and continue to do.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 04:13   #8
evolution76

Send a message via Yahoo to evolution76
MR. DrO.........You rule....Love your plugins!!!! Keep up the Good work ............And i got ten years in too hehehhe.........Love some Winamp
evolution76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 06:56   #9
MarkRH

Hmmm.. in November it will have been 11 years since I joined this forum. Been using Winamp for some time longer than that. Looks like at the moment I am using your Album Art 1.0 and TipTop 1.0.3 plug-ins. In the past I've used your Classic/Modern skin menu organizer (think that was yours) but I hardly have any skins these days.

Anyway, thanks for all the work you've done in the past and continue to do. Actually, thanks to all the active coders and developers out there.
MarkRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 01:52   #10
DrO

thanks for the kind words. i've updated / brought back a few more parts of the site tonight though is going slower than i'd like. so officially at the time of this post, only 3 have returned (with applicable updates).
Old 2nd October 2013, 01:56   #11
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I really hope, that you will host your SNESAMP Wrapper, YMAMP and your Yar!Matey versions again.

Otherwise good decision, looking forward.

When i remember how much I enjoyed development of SNES Wrapper and Skin Manager, I have a good feeling for the future, hehe,
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 02:13   #12
DrO

Yar!Matey is one of the next ones planned to receive an update and i do intend to bring the others mentioned back though they'll all likely be done after the resurrected essentials pack hopefully returns...
Old 2nd October 2013, 05:14   #13
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Hmm.. I don't know if it was pointed out before, but.. Interesting change of title below your nickname DrO..
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 23:30   #14
osmosis
Major Dude

Daz,

I've got a crazy idea. I'm not sure if you've heard of Google Music Manager (uploads content from PC to cloud storage for use with Google Play Music), but it supports playlist sync with iTunes and Windows Media Player, yet sadly not Winamp.

This prompted me to look into ways to export the Winamp ML into iTunes Library format, but sadly that doesn't exist (the defunct ML Import-Export plugin will export to the old iTunes .xml format but not their current .itl+.xml format). So basically I was wondering if this could ever be considered for a future option in ML Export... You'll probably say it's more work than it's worth, but I wanted to just throw it out there on the off chance you're feeling adventurous and wild.

Old 8th October 2013, 00:45   #15
DrO

depends if there's demand, time and whether it might help towards paying the bills.

from a quick look at things (though this sounds very Winamp Cloud like), wouldn't it just be better if the upload / sync could be done from within Winamp instead of having to mess around with playlists?

if anything, xspf support (which i've got on my todo list for ml_exporter) seems to be a better option than trying to mess around with the propriety iTunes format. plus i found some unoffical api sync stuff which takes m3u or xspf (and the plug-in can already export m3u) so that's another option.
Old 8th October 2013, 07:05   #16
osmosis
Major Dude

Hmm. As I understand it, Google Music Manager uploads the entire library (and can be pointed at a folder to do the same), but only does playlists from Windows Media Player and iTunes, so Winamp would have to be something added on their end, no?

I was just thinking of iTunes Library .itl+.xml as a workaround to "trick" it.

Not sure if there's any way to get Play Music support into Winamp, though that would unbelievably handy. When Winamp Cloud support originally got announced I had a hope that it'd be like ml_pmp and provide the ML node for multiple cloud services like Amazon and Play Music, but you guys had other plans.

There's a Windows 8 Metro App called GMusic so I guess the APIs are out there somewhere. Anyway, guess we're getting way off-topic now. I'm definitely sold on Play Music for my Android devices, was just grasping at straws for ways to make the experience a bit more seamless with my long-standing devotion to Winamp on my PCs.

Old 8th October 2013, 11:48   #17
DrO

going on a 5min web search there was some unofficial api scripts which had m3u and xspf references which seemed to vaguely fit with what you're asking about. I've put it on the ideas list as even just additional playlist formats is going to have some form of benefit (just needs a proper playlist writer service in wiamp or I just do a standalone version in the plug-in).
Old 20th October 2013, 15:38   #18
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi DrO,

I would like to see "Jump to Track", "Playlist Undo", and "Taskbar Text Mod" brought back. Thank you for the others already returned or added to the native code.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 18:37   #19
DrO

Playlist Undo is one of the next ones on the list to be updated - main aim is anything that was part of the EP possibly by the end of the month (though repeater and 3mode repeat have also cropped in requests). though am only really able to make updates on Sunday nights at the moment, so it's not going as fast as i'd like (had hoped to have the EP plug-ins done by last weekend). and that's without a site redesign i'm considering (well ideally need to do anyway).
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:30   #20
DrO

Playlist Undo is now updated (along with gen_yar after it being suggested in another thread).

so that just leaves Waveform Wrapper and Lite-n Winamp Preferences from my parts of the old EP needing to be updated for that aspect to be resolved.

[edit]
Lite-n Winamp Preferences has now been updated as well
Old 24th October 2013, 01:42   #21
osmosis
Major Dude

I'm still using that ML Bookmark Categoriser v1.2.1 Beta you sent me ages ago, any chance that'll see some love again too?

Old 24th October 2013, 01:53   #22
DrO

it will be updated along with whatever else i can as time allows. am currently averaging one plug-in update every 3days so might be a week or two before i get around to that one (have a list of a few others that have been requested before that one). i assume that that build has been ok (can't remember what was specific about it at the moment).
Old 25th October 2013, 01:01   #23
osmosis
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
it will be updated along with whatever else i can as time allows. am currently averaging one plug-in update every 3days so might be a week or two before i get around to that one (have a list of a few others that have been requested before that one). i assume that that build has been ok (can't remember what was specific about it at the moment).
Yeah it's been working great. I've just had a few people PM me to ask for it since it was the most recent, especially in the last few months since you took your site down.

My "private beta" was mostly just to work around Joonas' DnD bugs, but I think you told me it had a couple other fixes in there as well.

Our last exchange on it (March 2011 ) I said "Just wanted to mention Daz, you should cut out all those DnD hacks if you feel so inclined. It's pretty much a lost cause. Maybe someday we'll get the ability to drag and drop in the core or another plugin, but Joonas' attempt is beyond broken."

So I'd say you're still good to go to do that; it'll probably feel good to get the hacks out and clean up the code.

Old 13th December 2013, 22:28   #24
DrO

am trying to sort out a few mini updates tonight to resolve issues with the preference menus not appearing with v5.66x installs (since i broke my own stuff) -> http://nunzioweb.com/daz/releases.html#13/12/2013 for any updates i manage to make.

and hadn't realised it has been almost 7 and a half weeks since i was last able to make any updates... *waggles fist at the 5.66x updates*
Old 14th December 2013, 01:26   #25
MrSinatra
Forum King

DrO,

does that apply to any native plugins in the installer? or only "add ons"?

--
Old 14th December 2013, 01:32   #26
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

The whole thread is related to his own Plugins, like you can read in the first posting.

And thanks to DrO for updating his plugins.
Old 14th December 2013, 01:44   #27
MrSinatra
Forum King

well yeah, I know, but some of his are included in the installer, like jtfe.

--
Old 14th December 2013, 01:48   #28
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Yeah, and I'm sure, he will update JTFE someday too, but now he is talking about plugins, which used a context menu for settings, which became broken with 5.66.

This affect Skin Manager, Mute Hotkey, Album Art Viewer, Lite-n Preferences, Bookmark Categorizer.

And he is updating some of them, and we should take a look at his website for updates, this was the meaning of his posting.

The whole thread in general is related to bring back plugins in general.
Old 14th December 2013, 19:44   #29
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
I'm still using that ML Bookmark Categoriser v1.2.1 Beta you sent me ages ago, any chance that'll see some love again too?
I was going to mention that too. I hate to brag because it's not my nature. But I remember a long time ago (it seems) being the one who suggested such a plug in. It didn't take long at all for DrO to come up with it. We went through a lot of testing and numerous versions to get to v1.2.1, but it was all worth it. Still one of my favorites because of all the streams I listen to, and one I still use quite often. So thanks to DrO and everyone else who participated in getting it to where it is today.
papadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 13:55   #30
DrO

it was a long time ago that plug-in came about. it will be updated, i'm just focusing on ones from the EP first and will then concentrate on other plug-ins. and i've put up a list of the ones that i'm generally being asked for which is my current target list of ones to work on updating and re-releasing.

and in general, i've managed to sort out a few 5.66x compatibility updates (especially for ML EnqPlay) which means i've only 2 more left before what was in the EP is done.
Old 22nd December 2013, 02:15   #31
osmosis
Major Dude

Fantastic work, as always sir.

Old 8th January 2014, 09:54   #32
azerty2005

Hi Mr.Dro,

I wondered if it could be possible to revive the "Close to Notification Area (formally 'Close to Tray') plug-in".
I'd really like to have this one back, i had a system crash with my older media PC, and completely forgot to make a backup of the plug-in at that time.
Wanted to download the plug-in from your website, but someone told me, you removed all the plug-ins about a year ago.
So please consider my request.

Many thanks,
Have a nice day.
azerty2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 12:36   #33
DrO

replied already -> http://winampforum.com/showthread.ph...10439#pid10439
Old 15th January 2014, 03:07   #34
SS4Matt

Send a message via AIM to SS4Matt Send a message via Yahoo to SS4Matt
really I am only replying to see how long I have been a member.
EDIT: 12 years of HARD lurking.
SS4Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 08:37   #35
micronicos

Send a message via Skype™ to micronicos
Plugin rss feed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
Thank you for all your terrific work on Winamp & plugins!

It is great that you are continuing with the best of these & I hope the news about Radionomy is good news for you also

I'd just like to ask if you will be updating your plugin rss feed: http://nunzioweb.com/daz/rss/feed.xml as the last entry is in 2012?

Thanks again for your decade++ of work.

Nico Morrison
radio flower raj

Regards,
Nico Morrison
Radio Flower Raj - live music, news & interviews.

IBM T41 (2003) [2GB RAM 300GB IDE HDD XP Pro SP3]
INTEL SERVER MOTHERBOARD (2004) [2GB RAM DEBIAN 7.3]
micronicos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 10:28   #36
DrO

I should probably kill the RSS feed as it was more hassle to update (and remember to update it, hence not doing it when I brought things back). though I'm on a hiatus again so it doesn't really matter much now.
Old 7th February 2014, 13:19   #37
DrO

am in the progress of moving things over to http://winampplugins.co.uk from the old hosting by Nunzio (after some recurrent stability issues) so old links will likely be broken (more so than before). have fixed the links above and in the threads for 'current' versions, but everything else is intentionally broken now.

as for plug-in updates, until it's more obvious what is / isn't happening i'm holding off on things.
Old 7th February 2014, 18:22   #38
micronicos

Send a message via Skype™ to micronicos
Great work-rate!!!

Blimey!

DrO ...
"Total Posts: 24,514
Posts Per Day: 6.46

That's some work-rate, congratulations.

I've bookmarked http://winampplugins.co.uk/ & have one request, can you update your new feed when a plug-in is updated?

Regards,
Nico Morrison
Radio Flower Raj - live music, news & interviews.

IBM T41 (2003) [2GB RAM 300GB IDE HDD XP Pro SP3]
INTEL SERVER MOTHERBOARD (2004) [2GB RAM DEBIAN 7.3]
micronicos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 15:12   #39
DrO

my earlier reply about the rss feed still holds. and if it does get updated, i'll likely change how i do it anyway so it'll be a while before i'd see anything (if at all happen to it).
Old 14th February 2014, 01:22   #40
/usr/bin/Tux

A late congrats, DrO!

Winamp user since v1.something.
/usr/bin/Tux is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion