Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 1st August 2006, 23:25   #601
BugMaster

Pade2204:
Yes, you need to replace gen_jumpex.dll in Winamp\Plugins folder with the patched version.

DrO:
It is good news. I also hope language support in the next release would be fully finished and one of the 'Known Issues / Limitations' will disappear.
BugMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2006, 23:33   #602
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by BugMaster
I also hope language support in the next release would be fully finished and one of the 'Known Issues / Limitations' will disappear.
That is the main reason for the release taking longer than i'd like since i need to validate it all through plus i've been trying to fix the issue Pade2204 reported with the queued items moving around and i've found the cause of that issue but need to work out how to fix it without breaking any of the existing functionality of the plugin

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2006, 01:01   #603
DrO

0.97.7 (Build 49) is out:: release info

------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be posting the changelog in the morning but hopefully this should fix any of the reported issues/should be more stable (i hope since i can't reproduce some of the sparodic crashes that the plugin did have under weird conditions). The language support still needs a few more parts translated but that's the majority of it all done (2 days continuous work i'll add to get that done!!!)

[edit]
changelog now up and in place

-daz
Old 5th August 2006, 01:40   #604
BugMaster

Great News!!! After quick test I don't find known bugs of previous release.

DrO: As I understand for more full translation [Russian] I must translate v1.50 Example (Happy) File? Also it is possible to change the highlighting color of enqueued files? Because I sometimes couldn't quick find where cursor and where are enqueued files.
BugMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2006, 09:00   #605
DrO

with the translations, you can use the 1.50 file as the basis and just replace the text as required (reselecting the language on the combobox on the display tab in the jtfe preferences will reload the language file without having to restart winamp (bit of a time saver). or you could just use the existing 1.03 russian translation and manually add in the extra sections/new lines as needed.

preferences -> jump to file -> display -> options and you can then alter the colours and styling of the queued files (background colours and text colours)

-daz
Old 5th August 2006, 10:12   #606
niktheguru

OMG i always get stung!! whenever i update JTFE it always wipes my playlist, and i forget to back it up!!! AAAAArrgghh!!

Nikhil
niktheguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2006, 10:19   #607
DrO

i've never seen that ever happen though i've seen it reported a few times but there's no code on my end that would allow for deletion of the playlist contents i believe. the best i can recommend is to install gen_undo so you can revert the playlist back if it is cleared (which should catch any weird playlist deletions i'd hope). soz i can't offer any other help

-daz
Old 5th August 2006, 13:13   #608
Squadman

Send a message via AIM to Squadman
DrO, is there any way to stop the 'Missing Files' from permanently being shown in the Preferences?

I can't figure out why it's there...
Squadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2006, 13:15   #609
DrO

double-click on the jump to file entry in the preferences tree and it'll be collapsed out of view.

-daz
Old 5th August 2006, 14:57   #610
Squadman

Send a message via AIM to Squadman
Wow...
I can't believe I missed that one. Thanks.
Squadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2006, 15:34   #611
amano
Major Dude

squad, you are not alone doesn't seem to be really intuitive. But no biggie.

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8

Last edited by amano; 5th August 2006 at 15:50.
amano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2006, 15:55   #612
DrO

the main issue is that i could look at hacking in a [+] next to it but then it's out of place with the rest of the preferences tree. depending on time, etc before final release since i've spent too much time on this build instead of other projects, i'm only going to do the minimal of what's needed so i can keep on with the things i want to be working on.

-daz
Old 6th August 2006, 00:29   #613
niktheguru

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i've never seen that ever happen though i've seen it reported a few times but there's no code on my end that would allow for deletion of the playlist contents i believe. the best i can recommend is to install gen_undo so you can revert the playlist back if it is cleared (which should catch any weird playlist deletions i'd hope). soz i can't offer any other help

-daz
lol, its happens to me every time in jtfe installs. I think its because i have winamp running and then the jtfe installer shuts it down for me upon install.

I do have gen_undo running but foolishly have it set to clear my queue on exit (to speed up the running time - as it was severly delaying my winamp startup time) so i wasn't able to refresh it!

Nikhil
niktheguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2006, 00:49   #614
TazDevil

Yeah i also hate it when the installer closes Winamp without asking first..., maybe DrO could make a quick tweak to the installer for that...

I guess its not necessary for the installer to close Winamp, if the file is in use (thus Winamp is running) the installer will stop and ask for action [ignore, cancel, retry] anyway... (so you could manually close Winamp at the prompt.)

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 09:29   #615
spin26

I've been waiting for this release! thanks DrO

BTW, i found a minor bug using the library with the "send to : addto queue"
the "send to: >add to queue and play" doesnt work..
if i have it queue the file but it plays the first queue instead(having multiple queues)...

fixed typo
spin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2006, 12:24   #616
gssq

With the latest version a file shows up as "missing" but it's not. I can even play it from my Winamp playlist.

Path: C:\mp3s\Choral\29 Banchieri - XII Contrappunto bestiale alla mente.mp3

Don't see any special characters in it.

Is there a way to generate a report listing all the missing files?
gssq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2006, 20:07   #617
DrO

i really don't see why it would incorrectly flag up that file as missing (just recreated that path on my install and it worked fine).

currently there is no way to generate a missing files report. i'm going to add it in as a hotkey feature though (since i don't want to fix a keyboard shortcut for it) which i should have for the next version.

spin26: i'll check out the send to queue feature asap

TazDevil/niktheguru: i'll look at modifying the installer to allow you to close winamp if it detects it's running instead of auto-closing. not sure if i'll get that done before the next build. though if winamp isn't saving the playlist on exit then there's got to be something else wrong with your winamp install *shrugs*

-daz
Old 12th August 2006, 20:09   #618
gssq

For some reason it's not flagged as missing after I restarted Winamp. Strange. If I see it again I'll report it. If not you can assume it was a sunsport or something =D
Old 12th August 2006, 20:12   #619
DrO

yeah, it must have been one of those evil particles that needs to pass through a few tonnes of lead inorder to detect someother particle or something like that, heh the only thing i can think of is that missing files code may have cached the state of the file incorrectly when it's cache was made to update but otherwise i don't know.

-daz
Old 14th August 2006, 22:18   #620
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by spin26
BTW, i found a minor bug using the library with the "send to : addto queue"
the "send to: >add to queue and play" doesnt work..
if i have it queue the file but it plays the first queue instead(having multiple queues)...
can you send me a copy of your [jump to file] section from your winamp.ini and also can you describe where you're using the send to menu from. also are the file you're trying to queue and play already in the playlist editor or not?

-daz
Old 15th August 2006, 11:08   #621
spin26

sry i quite away from home now but i tried it here .. installed a fresh winamp then it also do thesame...

in my playlist... there are 5 items..
A,
B,
C,
D,
E

enqueue
a[1],
b[2],
c[3]
d
e
then thru the media library select file "D" send to add to queue and play...
resulting playlist would be
a[playing]
b[1]
c[2]
d[3]
E
.. it both happens if its already on the playlist or not..
in media library[anywhere under the local media]
enqueue F
a
b[playing]
c[1]
d[2]
E
F[3]

it seems like enqueue the file then play file on top of queue[1] but having multilple queues which make the last queue[3] it still plays [1]

using it with "add to the start of the current queue" option selected then there no problem...
Old 15th August 2006, 11:14   #622
spin26

enable media library view.. checked
enable send to menu add to queue entry.. checked
<end of queue option selected>
enable send to menu add to queue and play entry.. checked

this are the only option that i changed from fresh install..
i'm on a cafe rytnow and this this thing is locked.. i cant manage to get the ini file (gud thing i managed to install winamp..)
Old 15th August 2006, 20:35   #623
osmosis
Major Dude

newer build of JTFE (0.97.7h Build 57) is now included in Winamp 5.25 beta build 825.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2006, 20:37   #624
DrO

in fact there's been a few interim builds in the beta installers i'll post a changelog soon (since i'd not expected another public beta before trying to finish 0.97.8)

-daz
Old 24th August 2006, 09:52   #625
spin26

btw 97.7 build 49...
it seems all the media library send to adonns are completely broken
Old 24th August 2006, 10:14   #626
DrO

that's an old build, the current build is in the latest 5.25 beta and due to other things/life i've not been able to look into the code properly though it all seemed to be working correctly for me on the quick test i made.

-daz
Old 25th August 2006, 06:47   #627
gssq

Damn it's happening again.

As you can see, the file is being played and its id3 tags can be retrieved despite its being marked as missing.

Reproducibility: Erratic, seasonal
Old 25th August 2006, 12:43   #628
spin26

i havent tried it on 5.25 beta. maybe it will work better on the newer version..

about those missing files...
yes i also have experienced that happening to me.. a winamp restart quickly solves this prob but there times that the file cant be actually played by winamp even if it's there...
this especially happens on my library playlists...
Old 30th August 2006, 08:48   #629
spin26

BTW i really liked the ability to set the title color without having the spanned background with highlithing...
Much better if its also thesame with the time text entry....

and a new request....
"Force JTFE to Seach Mode when opening the JTFE box (J)"
As of now.. Winamp remembers the last view of JTFE, when i press j and begin typing, it sometimes annoy me when its in manage mode especially when no queued files are in the list.. A simple checkbox on the prefs page would be of great help!
Old 9th September 2006, 13:27   #630
gssq

Ok I think I know how to replicate the problem I mentioned earlier. Have a missing file which is highlighted by JTFE and delete it from the playlist. The next file on the playlist will then be marked as missing, even if it's not.
Old 10th September 2006, 15:02   #631
ujn2

Send a message via AIM to ujn2 Send a message via Yahoo to ujn2
Is there a way to format the JTF dialog different from the playlist? I couldn't find anything on this!

Because my advanced title is setup like this:
$pad($repeat(*,%rating%),6)$padcut(%artist%, 35)$padcut(%album%[ '['Disc $cut(%disc%,2)']'], 55)[$cut(%tracknumber%,2). ]%title%

And when opening the JTF dialog it's really hard to see the titles of the songs... So it would be nice you could alter the title formating in the JTF dialog?

Example...

My playlist looks like this:
**** Pink Floyd The Wall [Disc 1] 01. In the Flesh

Then i would like the JTF to look more like this:
The Wall - 01. In the Flesh

Is it posible or can it be expected in a update?
ujn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 14:06   #632
BoyNG

Send a message via ICQ to BoyNG
Hi, DrO!
For 'Disable the sorting of the JTFE search result' invert function please or rename to 'Sorting of the JTFE search result' it better

[prefbase] 12,13...17 strings in jtfe_lang.ini for what?

Lang strings for:
'Queued Playlist Hilighting Options' Dialog where? I found only [page2] string 25.
&
'Note: the close button cannot be unchecked due to ...'
&
'%a - approx.time queued file will play...'
&
for Shell menu items
&
for Donations

P.S.
Im update jtfe_russian.ini to v1.50
Attached Files
File Type: rar jtfe_russian.rar (3.9 KB, 383 views)
BoyNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 12:22   #633
spin26

added some attachments for my suggestions and some bugs...
hope you like it..
Attached Files
File Type: rar colorizer bug2.rar (88.8 KB, 497 views)
Old 23rd September 2006, 11:04   #634
roytam1

Found two bugs.
JTFE version: 0.97.7h build 57 (from Winamp 5.25 beta b868)

1. Top of queue is zero!
- How to reproduce: I can't sure. But before I get this, I was adding files into top of playlist.

2. Unicode issue of the listbox.
Attached Images
File Type: png jtfe_bug.png (40.3 KB, 340 views)
roytam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2006, 16:44   #635
DrO

spin26: i'll have a look through them when i do work on jtfe again though from a quick look the shell options ones are unlikely to change since i've coded things as winamp will allow me to override things. the colouriser bug i think i've seen and will look at accordingly.

roytam1: i'm not sure what would cause the queue to ever be listed as zero. will have to check that out at some stage. the jtf listbox is still only ansi i believe as is the jtf search function (well my callback is and so the data passed to it is ansi as well). i guess this will be rectified at some point though jtfe is low on my priorities at the moment.

-daz
Old 26th September 2006, 11:25   #636
spin26

ok.. thnx btw i listed all my bugs here and hope they will be fixed on the next build...
.97.7.h(57)
ML integration Bugs

Enable Media Library 'Queue Manager'<enabled>
Enable 'add to queue' entry on the 'send to menu' <enabled>
*add files to the end of the current queue

Enable 'add to queue and play' entry on the 'send to menu' <enabled>

first queue 1 or more files...
you would have
[pos]. [title]

1. song1
2. song2
3. song3
with song0 playing

Then select any song from the library <song4>
r-click >> send to: >> add to queue and play

it will result in

1. song2
2. song3
3. song4
with song1 playing
which i believe should be like

1. song1
2. song2
3. song3
4. song4
with song4 playing

=====
Shell Options

<enabled> set enqueue &play to winamp a default file action
<enabled> insert enqueued files after the currently playing file
<disabled> add to start of the current queue if one exists
<playlist is empty>

go to any folder via explorer then doubleclick song1,song2,song3
[#]. [title]

1.song1
2.song2
3.song3<playing>

focus on winamp and play song1

1.song1<playing>
2.song2
3.song3

go to explorer again, double click song4

1.song1
2.song4
3.song2
4.song3<playing>

song3 is playing in which song4 should be the one playing
song4 is below song1 (currently playing file upon queue)
i think 'insert enqueued files after the currently playing file'is the buggy part here the bug is also there even when 'add to start of the current queue if one exists' is enabled.
====
jtfe dialog managemode

i cant delete the queued file on the list using delete key when there is only 1 on the list.. clear list works though

%st seems to unaccurate..
====
about my new prefs layout suggestion

first...
I saw the reason why '[add files into the queue] if one exist / for delayed playback cant be enabled at the same time[i call it dependent with each other] but the 'insert queued files after the currently playing files' option should be not included in as a sub option.

I attached my new suggestion in which only one of the 2 unchecked items could be enabled , or none of the can be chosen.just like how 'add files into..' and 'insert enqueued...' behaves on the current version.The 2 options regarding wether the file is queued first or last is available if any of the two unchecked items is enabled thats why i removed 'add to the start', it will be unavailable if none of the 2 is selected.

most of them are almost thesame as the current version, the only noticable chages are their placement and availability, plus an ability to add files to the end of queue if one exists intead of only start of queue
second...

the colorizer box is confusing me! a simple realignment of the checkboxes are of great help! i rily love it it will look like what i have attached(again!). Ican now change title text w/o spamming background color.. but i cant do it with the time entry text.. much better if i can..

third..
its quite difficult to scroll along tabs using the 2 arrows on the upperright of the preffs page.. yes, its crowded.. How about changing 'Missing Files' on the tree to 'Other Options' and putting Missing files,shell options, ML options,Misc and About on a new row of tabs in there?

btw..
Delay from last typing before search is processed..
i really liked this option, though theres little tweaking i really like to have..first the slider goes up to 3000 ms! searching and waiting for 3 secs is not quite reasonable so i think it would be much better if max setting is changed to 1000ms from 3000, this could make the slider easier to adjust(it took me forever to have exact 50 ms), 250ms as default gives that noticeable delay but 100ms (74 actually) gives me that fast results feeling just above my keyboard repeat rate so holding backspace and doesnt trigger search.. Even on 5ms settings you feel faster results, unlike the older version where it searches every keystroke even your done typing 5 secs ago, this time it onlysearcher the first and last keysroke because the delay n the first search gave me time to catch up typing and because of cpu is busy, cpu time between typing became 0ms..for me tough 74 ms for my fast backspace is enough..
=)

== please feel free to comment.. i really love jtfe.. the only plugin that i cant live w/o..
it seems i created a wall of text...
edited 2x and not done yet!
Attached Files
File Type: rar images.rar (43.1 KB, 304 views)
Old 26th September 2006, 12:42   #637
DrO

i'm going to have to try and schedule a week off to read through all of your post from a quick scan through of things, i can see a few issues that i'm aware of and a few of the ui changes (like the prefs tabs - which i had intended to move the shell and ml options as full sub-pages like the missing files one though i can see the possible benefit of your suggestion so will see what comes up when i do mess around with the code again) which have been needed for a while.

it's going to take me a while to work through and see what i think about all of the comments/suggestions/etc in your post so bear with me on that

-----------------------------------------------------------

i had a suggestion made by glop over the weekend for a separate skinned window for the manage mode (instead of having to look in the prefs/jtf dialog or the ml view). at the moment i'm still considering it but what's people's views on such an implementation... yes / no / wtf? comments welcome

-daz
Old 27th September 2006, 08:34   #638
spin26

ok thnks!...

manage mode in diff window? with a new hotkey and others stuffs that makes it more like of another plugin than of a jump to file extra?

for me
i love it the way it is now.. maybe a tabed version instead of the large button to switch manage to search mode
its jump to file extra anyway...

but i dont really disagree if it changes though
Old 28th September 2006, 12:24   #639
DrO

well the idea would be i believe from what glop said was to have a skinned window (like the jtf one can have) and it to essentially be just like the manage mode view in the ml (but as a separate window)

ultimately i wanted to allow the jtf dialog to have some control over what is or isn't shown (i'd have to consider the tabbed thing since i've had issues in the past ensuring that it's skinned correctly with another plugin). i've got a number of ideas, it's just finding the time to get it all done, heh

-daz
Old 29th September 2006, 09:11   #640
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Sorry DrO, I wasn't sure, which thread I should hijack and I won't open a new one.

Since Find file on Disk depends on JTFE, I guess it's the best to post my request here.

Can you add a hotkey to the Find file on Disk plug-in for Nullsoft's Global hotkey plug-in?
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion