Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 10th December 2006, 16:33   #721
jph6t
Major Dude

Problems w/ 'On end of queue' > 'Stop playing'

Quote:
Originally posted by upsfeup
When using On end of queue -> Stop.

Does your player skips to the next track? (Yes.. it stops playing.. bug the new tracks is selected, not the latest track played?)
The same thing is happening to me.

Let's call this Bug #9

Expected Behavior – Winamp STOPS and the track that was playing is highlighted.

NOTE - If DrO's Next On Stop (NOS) is installed,
this scenerio will currently cause Winamp to STOP
and skip to the track AFTER the NEXT track.
What I would expect to happen with NOS installed,
is Winamp STOPS and skips to the NEXT track.
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 16:49   #722
DrO

it's always worked like that with the mode however many years ago it was added in (too many it seems at times ). the main issue is that when jtfe does the stop action, it's in a phase where winamp is querying the next file to play. as a result it will advance to the next file as has been noted. i guess the best way would be to force it back to the current file (though obviously that may cause more issues with NOS but that's not a concern at the moment).

i'll see what i can get done before the hopeful release of a new build tonight (haven't been able to look at #7&#8 yet so they'll probably be done for another build since #9 is a simpler fix). the only issue is that i have to ensure the fix for #9 doesn't break the option of restoring playback to the position where it was when the queue was first created (1st option on the enqueue list prefs page).

oh well off to do some coding i go i guess..

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 17:54   #723
DrO

was a simple fix to do to the stopping on end of queue in normal circumstances. my main issue now is how i'm meant to be dealing with the 'Resume playback at the file after the first queued file when the queue has finished playing' (that option needs to be renamed since it's meant to refer to the file after the currently playing track at the point of creating the queue) since i think it should set the playlist position on stopping to the file after what was the currently playing track when the queue was created.

and after a bit more thinking/checking of the code it's going to have to be like that otherwise the resume feature will have to be overcomplicated in it's internal logic which just isn't suitable.

so the summary is..

normal options: on queue end stops at the end of the last item in the queue
resuming options: on queue end the playing position is set to the resume position

-daz
Old 11th December 2006, 14:41   #724
upsfeup

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
my main issue now is how i'm meant to be dealing with the 'Resume playback at the file after the first queued file when the queue has finished playing' (that option needs to be renamed since it's meant to refer to the file after the currently playing track at the point of creating the queue) since i think it should set the playlist position on stopping to the file after what was the currently playing track when the queue was created.

-daz
Damn! I didn't knew about this function and it sure is helpful.. but should it not only work when shuffle is off?

Maybe with my suggestions I'm breaking the features that other users find useful on the way they are...
upsfeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006, 12:36   #725
DrO

it was only added in the last official build as for working with shuffle enabled/disabled, it should be restoring the position back to the file after the currently playing file when the queue was made irrespective of shuffle being enabled or not. i made it do it with shuffle on/off since it was easier for me to code (is essentially just using a hidden queue entry internally) and there's no real reason to not restore the playback position in the way that it's done (seemed sensible to me with the way other parts of the plugin work)

-daz
Old 12th December 2006, 15:02   #726
upsfeup

I guess that my request is closely related to the way I use winamp which I confess is not usual (my friends say that I am crazy).

I have all my collection in one playlist and usually listen to it with shuffle on. Whenever I feel like to listen to a specific album, I search for it and enqueue the first track of the album. Then I turn shuffle off (and so I listen to the new "enqueued" album).

On the other hand, If I am listening to a album (shuffle off) and which to listen to another track, I usually enqueue the track I want to listen and then I would queue the following track of the album. With this option I can make this much simpler (no need to enqueue the following album track )
But since the first use case is more common I had to shut the option off again.
upsfeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2006, 22:59   #727
DrO

0.97.11 (Build 109) is out:: release info

------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy

-daz
Old 14th December 2006, 02:24   #728
ylaviolette

Thx for the update =)

Thx for the update DrO, everything seems to be working fine, just 3 things I would like to get your feedback on:

1: The filenames transition from ML to the playlist works fine as long as the ID3 info is present, else you get a blank line with item/queue number. (or nothing at all in the queue manager) Would it be possible to act the same way as the playlist editor, IE: if no id3 is found, it will use the filename instead?

2: Is it possible to add a global hotkey for the "ML - send to - add to queue" function? I am using a keyboard to manage the media library and I'd like to only use up-down arrows and add files to the queue without going through a context menu? (or anything else that would be easy without using the mouse, I am open to any suggestion there)

3: Would it be possible to "remember" what the queue has played? IE: if you enqueue a file and press the "back" button after it has played you would get that same file played again? (is there a virtual "history" within your code that could be used?)

Thx again for spending time on this, much appreciated.
ylaviolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 11:45   #729
k_kolev1985

JTFE in Bulgarian

HI DrO,

Here's my contribution for JTFE's localization. I've translated all possible (at least I think so) strings using jtfe_happy.ini v1.51. Hope you can include it in the next build. And also tell me if I've missed something in the translation.

BTW: (a little off topic) - It seams that your plug-in "Skinned Preferences" is broken for the last few versions of Winamp. When I'm using the plug-in, every time I close Winamp I get a "Access violation" error. Can you please fix it?

Best wishes!
Attached Files
File Type: rar jtfe_bulgarian (v1.51).rar (5.0 KB, 323 views)

Sorry if my english is bad, but I think it is better to have something than nothing. SpeechLab 2.0. JAWS for Windows. ABBYY FineReader. LAME encoder. The GodFather (audio file manager).
k_kolev1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 13:08   #730
DrO

ylaviolette:
#1: should be viable, i never tested it on files without any tag data
#2: unless i can do something like the enq+play option and get that working on a keyboard shortcut (the intention is to ideally merge the two plugins so something i need to look into sooner i guess)
#3: that's been on the todo list for an age (is otherwise known as amano's request)

k_kolev1985: cool thanks for that, i'll update the installer later tonight. i will say that i'm a bit behind on updating the language file on my end since there's some new options in that are hard coded for the moment still, hopefully i can resolve that for the next build and finish off any that are already missing

i've not used the skinned prefs plugin in an age so i'd have to check things out - sounds like a plugin load order issue causing the crash but i'll see what i can do as time allows

-daz
Old 14th December 2006, 14:38   #731
Logy

talk about the language file, i think you misspelled the separator to seperator on tab menu & buttons!!!

and i can reproduced what i say it is something like bugs when i pressed the key "j" (when jtfe using the current skin, tested on default winamp skin) over (or beside) and the main window skin is blinking, but when you move the main windows skin to the bottom of windows, you can see nothing happens to main winamp windows!

byenara!

The English suffix -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline.
Logy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 16:17   #732
MertcanKaya1991

DrO you forget to put my lastest turkish language file in JTFE 0.97.11. Don't forget to put it in next built
MertcanKaya1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 19:10   #733
DrO

MertcanKaya1991: it should be in there (last file i have is from the 4th just before my main email account died - still trying to get that re-enabled)

Logy: the 'seperator' bug has been in there for a few years now and you're the first to notice it i'll fix it in the next build when i'm trying to update the language support.

i'm not quite sure what you mean with the second half of your post

-daz
Old 15th December 2006, 05:51   #734
Logy

the second that i mention just for information, maybe bugs maybe not(winamp behavior), when u press the j key!( jtfe windows when skinned) winamp main windows is blinking, but when move it (position winamp) to the bottom of your windows!!! you get not notice this blinking (flashing)!

daz!!!

The English suffix -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline.
Logy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 10:02   #735
TazDevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Logy
the second that i mention just for information, maybe bugs maybe not(winamp behavior), when u press the j key!( jtfe windows when skinned) winamp main windows is blinking, but when move it (position winamp) to the bottom of your windows!!! you get not notice this blinking (flashing)!

daz!!!
DrO, Logy means the flickering that occurs on winamp window, on showing the jtfe dialog (skinned mode)...

Actually i can repro. that jtfe dialog tries to show just below winamp main window coordinates (below winamp), and then moves to the previous location

Now, the flickering only occurs when winamp main window is above about 2/3 of my screen (if i can take jtfe dialogs height, probably just about it).

if winamp window is below 2/3 where jtfe dialog doesnt actually fit on screen, the dialog shows without flickering, directly to the previous location.

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 12:43   #736
DrO

ah, right. i get what's going on now. yeah it's to do with the position restore overrides. luckily i've managed to find a better way to hook into a dialog (is how i'm now adding the [...] button the edit playlist entry dialog) so i'll have to try and change the code to use that method since that should give me the control i need so it'll position the window correctly from the start. something to work on the for the next build i guess (and will also resolve some other quirks with the existing windows hook code)

-daz
Old 15th December 2006, 21:52   #737
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: JTF v0.97.11 (Build 109)

I installed the latest version (v0.97.11 (Build 109)) of DrO's 'Jump To File' (JTF)

Running back through the bugs I recently posted …DrO - regarding Bug #7 & #8, we’re you done working on these issues?
Your earlier post, hinted you would not be done working on these until a later release. If you are done, I will document the problems I am having.
If not, I will wait until you are done tweaking to test all the different scenerious.

My System Specs:DrO - Please let me know if I can provide any other information.

Last edited by jph6t; 15th December 2006 at 23:45.
Old 15th December 2006, 21:55   #738
jph6t
Major Dude

Bug #5 v2 - Problems w/ Missing File Playlist Highlighting Options

After installing the latest version (v0.97.11 (Build 109)) of DrO's 'Jump To File' (JTF)
Bug #5 has morphed into ...

Bug #5 v2:

The “Reset” button on the “Use existing colour options (as above)” in the “Missing File Playlist Highlighting Options” window (JTF preferences) is not working as expected.
  1. Make sure the option is NOT checked.
  2. Click the “Reset” button.
Playlist tracks from missing files will be highlighted in GRAY,
even though the default color displayed in the option's color box is BLUE.

Last edited by jph6t; 15th December 2006 at 22:21.
Old 15th December 2006, 22:24   #739
jph6t
Major Dude

Queue Album from Playlist ?

In the Playlist's JTF context (right-click) menu ...
what is the 'Queue Album from Playlist' command suppose to do?

I click it and it it seems to do nothing.
Old 15th December 2006, 22:36   #740
DrO

it will try to find a m3u/pls playlist in the folder of the currently selected file and will then queue that playlist. if nothing is found then nothing will be queued. there is an option to have the media library queried instead if no playlist can be found. i do have a few issues with that mode since the playlist reader isn't working 100% in some cases which i need to fix (along with fixing the issues it has in the in_zip project)

-daz
Old 16th December 2006, 14:04   #741
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Queue Album from Playlist ?

Thanks DrO. I now understand what the 'Queue Album from Playlist' is suppose to do. But alas, I have too many albums to make playlists for each (M3Us or ML-Playlists).

Would it not be better to have this JTF command work the same way as the
ML’s right-click function of “Play all files from xyz” (where xyz equals the value
in the album name field of the ID3 tag)? If that is technically possible of course.

Last edited by jph6t; 16th December 2006 at 14:36.
Old 16th December 2006, 15:21   #742
DrO

Re: Bug #5 v2 - Problems w/ Missing File Playlist Highlighting Options

Quote:
Originally posted by jph6t
Bug #5 v2:

The “Reset” button on the “Use existing colour options (as above)” in the “Missing File Playlist Highlighting Options” window (JTF preferences) is not working as expected.
  1. Make sure the option is NOT checked.
  2. Click the “Reset” button.
Playlist tracks from missing files will be highlighted in GRAY,
even though the default color displayed in the option's color box is BLUE.
fixed, the code wasn't setup to fill in the fallback value like the queue highlighting options were doing.

Quote:
Would it not be better to have this JTF command work the same way as the
ML’s right-click function of “Play all files from xyz” (where xyz equals the value
in the album name field of the ID3 tag)? If that is technically possible of course.
it's doable, the main reason for keeping it to a playlist/ml query was so that the files would be queued in the correct order as based on track number or order in the playlist. making it just queue the files as found in the folder is relatively easy to do so i'll add it to the todo list

-daz
Old 16th December 2006, 16:28   #743
jph6t
Major Dude

An American language file?

DrO –

This is nit-picky, as it does not affect actual functionality, and as far as I can tell is only visible within the JTF Preferences window (as opposed to within Winamp itself) … so who really cares that much.

But …

How do the JTF language files work? If I were to create an “English (American)” language file, would it convert the British spellings of words in the JTF Preferences window to the American spelling?

For those not familiar, there are some differences in the American and British spelling of English words.

From a quick check the JTF Preferences window, I found the following affected words:

British Spelling ~ American Spelling
  • Colour ~ Color
  • Optimisations ~ Optimizations
  • Favourite ~ Favorite
  • Randomise ~ Randomize
  • Customise ~ Customize
And just to show that I’m not completely isolated by my homeland …
I will close my post by quoting a British comedian … Eddie Izzard:
Quote:
Now I just wanna talk quickly about language, and then we can all go. Yeah, language. They do say Britain and America are two countries separated by the Atlantic Ocean, and it’s true. No, they say, “two countries separated by a common language,” that’s the line; it’s an Oscar Wilde line, I think. And we do pronounce things in a different way, like you say “caterpillar” and we say “caterpillar”, and… You say “aluminum” and we say “aluminium”. You say, “centrifugal” and we say “centrifugal”. You say, “leisure” and we say “lizuray”. You say “baysil” and we say “bahsil”. You say “’erbs” and we say “herbs”, because there’s a fu**ing “H” in it … But you spell through T-H-R-U, and I’m with you on that, ‘cause we spell it “THRUFF”, and that’s trying to cheat at Scrabble.

Last edited by jph6t; 16th December 2006 at 18:10.
Old 16th December 2006, 16:43   #744
DrO

you'd just need to translate the relevant lines in the language file to whatever you want it to be. you can even remove the lines not needed to be translated if they are ok since the code will revert to the default string whenever anything fails/isn't set in the file

-daz
Old 16th December 2006, 19:33   #745
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: An American language file?

I have created a JTFE language file for the American spelling of English words.

jtfe_english (american).ini

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!
Old 16th December 2006, 19:56   #746
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: An American language file?

Quote:
as far as I can tell is only visible within the JTF Preferences window (as opposed to within Winamp itself)
This turned out to be false. Some of the spelling variations ARE visible within the GUI.
Old 16th December 2006, 19:58   #747
DrO

i've added the translation to the installer now so will be part of the next release.

yeah, they do pop up all over the place be it in the preferences, context menus i add and a few other places

-daz
Old 16th December 2006, 20:07   #748
jph6t
Major Dude

v1.51 JTFE Language File

The current version of the JTFE language file (v1.51) canNOT configure the
right-click menu item on the ML’s JTFE Queue Manager.

The menu item is Remove All Favourites.
There is a spelling variation in American English.

Could a variable be added to the language file so that this command might be edited?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen shot - jtfe queue manager.jpg (7.8 KB, 582 views)
Old 16th December 2006, 20:16   #749
DrO

they've been added to the v1.6 of the language file about an hour or so ago for the next public build (check you pm's). hopefully the next build covers everything else which was missing from the earlier re-implementation of the language support and a few added from the last few builds that i forgot to add in

-daz
Old 16th December 2006, 22:35   #750
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
Now, the flickering only occurs when winamp main window is above about 2/3 of my screen (if i can take jtfe dialogs height, probably just about it).

if winamp window is below 2/3 where jtfe dialog doesnt actually fit on screen, the dialog shows without flickering, directly to the previous location.
i was only briefly able to reproduce this but after disabling the skinning and position restore and then re-enabling them i can't see any flickering (it was only just visible when i could see it) so i'm not too sure why it's so reproduceable on your's and logy's installs. the best i can do is the alterations i mentioned (which gets rid of my SetWindowsHooksEx(..) stuff which i've been wanting to do for ages and see how that works...

-daz
Old 17th December 2006, 14:17   #751
jph6t
Major Dude

"Remove All Favourites" menu item

When the “Enable Favourite Queue” option (on the “ML Options” tab of the JTFE Preferences window) is NOT checked should the “Remove All Favourites” menu item be displayed when one right-clicks the ML’s “JTFE Queue Manager”?

I think this command should only be available when the Favourite Queues features are enabled.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen shot.jpg (50.2 KB, 530 views)
Old 17th December 2006, 14:32   #752
jph6t
Major Dude

Problem w/ JTFE Queue Manager in ML

Bug #10
  1. Select the “JTFE Queue Manager” view in the ML
  2. Enqueue multiple songs for play via JTF
    (the queued songs will be shown in the ML's “JTFE Queue Manager” view)
  3. From within the Playlist, right-click one of the enqueued songs
    and select “Remove item(s)”
    (the change will NOT be shown in the ML's “JTFE Queue Manager” view)

Last edited by jph6t; 17th December 2006 at 15:37.
Old 17th December 2006, 15:13   #753
DrO

Re: "Remove All Favourites" menu item

Quote:
I think this command should only be available when the Favourite Queues features are enabled.
correct, there was an issue with part of the logic controlling that menu. is fixed now.

Quote:
Bug #10
  1. Select the “JTFE Queue Manager” view in the ML
  2. Enqueue multiple songs for play via JTF
    (the queued songs will be shown in the ML's “JTFE Queue Manager” view)
  3. Right-click one of the enqueued songs and select “Remove item(s)”
    (the change will NOT be shown in the ML's “JTFE Queue Manager” view)
confirmed (took me a bit to realise you meant deleting from the playlist). i'll need to add in some extra handling for when items are auto-removed from the queue (should be relatively easy)

[edit]
fixed the code was in place but i must have disabled it when trying to fix the issue of the queue clearing out when there were changes to the playlist after the currently playing track (like drag & drop actions)

-daz
Old 17th December 2006, 16:38   #754
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Re: JTF v0.97.11 (Build 109)

Quote:
Running back through the bugs I recently posted …
I was wrong, bug #4 is FIXED as of JTFE v0.97.11 (Build 109).

I re-tested bug #4 via the ML's "Enqueue & play selection" command
(vs the "Enqueue & Play in Winammp" command located on the physical file's menu).

"Enqueue & play selection" is powered by DrO's "ML Enqueue & Play" plugin.
I have logged a feature request to make the two commands act the same way based on the applicable JTF options.

Note that insert after current is only for the "Enqueue & Play in Winamp" command.
NOT the "Enqueue in Winamp" command.

Last edited by jph6t; 17th December 2006 at 17:32.
Old 18th December 2006, 05:35   #755
BoyNG

Send a message via ICQ to BoyNG
new Russian lang file

Hi, DrO!
a little corrected jtfe_Russian
Attached Files
File Type: zip jtfe_russian.zip (6.7 KB, 301 views)
BoyNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 12:55   #756
DrO

thanks for that (merged the post into this thread since it was floating all alone) and i'll update the installer with it. just so you know, there will be a language file update for the next build - i'm now currently running at v1.61 on the file just so you're aware

-daz
Old 18th December 2006, 15:22   #757
jph6t
Major Dude

Problems w/ JTF Shell File Association Options

Bug #12
  • With the “Windows Shell File Association Options” on the “Shell Options” tab
    of the JTF Preferences window set as pictured in the attached screen shot
  • Songs enqueued via JTF
Selecting the "Enqueue & Play in Winamp" command on a physical file will correctly insert the given file after the current file in the Playlist, but will add the file to the
END of the JTF queue, NOT the START of the queue as indicated by the option.

But logging this bug leads me to a question ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen shot - bug 12.jpg (49.6 KB, 605 views)
Old 18th December 2006, 15:23   #758
jph6t
Major Dude

Shell File Association Options Question/Feature Request

Why are the following two (2) “Shell Options” tab options mutually exclusive?
  • Add files into the queue for delayed playback
  • Insert enqueued files after the current playing file
If there is a technical challenge that is making this necessary, so be it, no worries.

But if not, couldn’t these options co-exist? With the first option dictating if a file plays immediately or later (via the JTF queue). And the second option dictating where the file is inserted into the Playlist (either at the end or after the current track.)

With these two (2) options working together, it seems to me the option singled out
in bug #12, “Add to the start of the current queue if one exists”, could be eliminated and thus bug #12 becomes irrelevant.
Old 20th December 2006, 02:14   #759
spin26

hi!
unchecked remember last view on jtfe(that right click option on the button)
unexpected behavior which upon opening jtfe its on manage mode, then close the window and open it again, its on search mode.. maybe an option to force search mode on opening jtf....

and a minor bug?
on the first time you open jtf you get (FOUND XXX)
upon typing it goes (FOUND XXX/YYY)

loading new playlists using thoese stored at the ml_playlist still clears the queue (by double clicking any of the playlist save)
- reset queue when loading new playlist is unchecked..
spin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2006, 12:28   #760
DrO

Quote:
unchecked remember last view on jtfe(that right click option on the button)
unexpected behavior which upon opening jtfe its on manage mode, then close the window and open it again, its on search mode.. maybe an option to force search mode on opening jtf....
yup, that's a bug with that code - it shouldn't be trying to flip the mode and i have a feeling from what i remember of that code that i enclosed it incorrectly for that setting. will be fixed for the next build

Quote:
on the first time you open jtf you get (FOUND XXX)
upon typing it goes (FOUND XXX/YYY)
that is by design when there is no initial search results

Quote:
loading new playlists using thoese stored at the ml_playlist still clears the queue (by double clicking any of the playlist save)
- reset queue when loading new playlist is unchecked..
if the playlist is completely cleared then the queue will be removed since jtfe has no knowledge of where the playlist is being added from (plus when that option is done the ml tells winamp to clear the playlist and so jtfe acts accordingly). maybe i can work around it but it'd be a low priority option

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion