Old 29th November 2008, 00:18   #1
JimmyVig

Loading Winamps with output configured

A little background:
I am developing for a radio station where they will be streaming 6am-6pm radio over the internet. We have configured the automation system (NexGen) to flag and not play audio we do not have rights to stream. This creates gaps in audio where we are filling using Winamp. I have developed an audio detection program that monitors audio on the line input of the PC. When silence exceeds a specified length the program sends WM_COMMAND to play files from a directory. When audio comes back more commands are sent to fade out and stop. Winamp needs to be configured to use the soundcard as an output

I am using another Winamp instance to output archived mp3 files of the internet stream. To schedule the files to record a specified length and time, I am using LineIn plugin v1.80 where a playlist is generated and loaded at startup based on some time and date variables. These files will stream from 6pm-6am. Here the Winamp output needs to be configured to use disk writer as an output.

To load both the Winamps I am using a command line in the program so I can rename the window classes allowing the management of multiple instances. The program executable is in the Start-up folder and loads everything

The problem:
If the computer goes down at anytime who ever is in the studio will need to be able to just boot and not configure anything. I doubt the system will even have a monitor. So I need a way to load a Winamp with the output configured correctly for each instance of Winamp...preferably from the command line. Figure could use the Winamp.ini file or something like that.

This is the last step in developing the whole program and then I will be done...so I am a little impatient. I just can't seem to get anything to work just yet.

Thanks,
Jimmy Vig
JimmyVig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 21:03   #2
TazDevil

Information on the following post
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....70#post1842970

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development