Old 6th March 2005, 18:28   #1
TazDevil

Multiple Output Plugin

Multiple Output Plugin v0.5
is finally released AND A MUST FEATURE FOR WINAMP

Multiple Output Plugin, just like Output Stacker will allow the possibility to output audio to more than one plugin...

This is usefull if you want to [list=1][*]convert audio to defferent types, supported by winamp or additional plugins[*]record internet audio to your local hard drive[*]send audio to 2 or more soundcards on the same pc[*]strip audio from music video clips, or other videos supported by winamp[*]strip needed parts of large audio [/list=1]

How it works
Multiple Output Plugin receives output data and transmits them to all selected output plugins.

A menu "Output" found in Winamp's popup menu or under "Options" menu for Winamp Modern Skin, enumerates all the output plugins loaded by winamp.

The plugin requires a primary output plugin to be set amongst other plugins to handle visualisation and syncronisation information. The primary plugin is bolded

All plugins that have a bullet are enabled plugins, and are used during playback

Extra Features
Plugins can be Enabled or Disabled during song playback, that is not done by other plugins, so that you don't have to stop and restart a song or a video to enable or disable additional plugins

In the latest version v0.5 Global Hotkey support has been incorporated is that you can Enable and Disable plugins through assigned combinations on your keyboard

A quick access to plugins preferences throught the menu

Usage
Set as primary DirectSound or waveOut, if you are adding additional plugins, this will take care of visualasations.

If you want to output to Diskwritter with playback then set DirectSound or waveOut as primary and enable Diskwritter as well.
If you dont want audio playback then select Diskwritter as primary plugin BUT it will overload your CPU (because it works faster), BUT it is better to use it as secondary plugin and close your speakers or mute winamp

Configuration for Hotkeys is found under Options\Preferences\Global Hotkeys

Limitations
The plugin cannot work on multiple instances of Winamp
It will be only loaded in the first instance loaded each time

This also applies to Global Hotkeys

Have fun

v0.5 attached below.

Please use v1.5 instead:
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details/147344
Attached Files
File Type: zip multi_output.zip (46.7 KB, 8497 views)

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2005, 23:26   #2
SadEye

Try it.
Thx.

Don't part with your illusions,
When they are gone you may still exist,
But you have ceased to live.
SadEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 18:04   #3
TazDevil

Unfortunately there has been a week since i have submitted my plugin to Winamp, and i dont really expect it to be added to the plugins list for the same reason that "Output Stacker" was removed (speculating here )!?!

So the plugin will only be available throught the forums and not through Winamp's main site for the moment being...

Here's a picture where to find the sugested menu talked about above, for all of you that cannot find it. Also for the menu to be enabled, the plugin must be the default output plugin in Winamp's output preferences.

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Old 13th March 2005, 23:17   #4
TazDevil

NEW VESION v0,6

v0.6
-Fixed 'Options' menu for Winamp Modern Skin, by replacing position
-Fixed 'Output" submenu selecting in 'Options' menu for Winamp Modern Skin
-Plugin asks to use default settings if no plugin is enabled
-Internal fix for Global Hotkeys support, you may need to reset them

----------------------

What i haven't managed to accomplish yet is to retreive the hotkey combination from the plugin in orfer to put it in the menus...

If anyone can help me with that be my guest...

Oh by the way Winamp's reply to my submition
Quote:
webmaster@winamp.com
Your component submission was rejected

Streamripper support can\'t be accepted, sorry.
Attached Files
File Type: zip multi_output.zip (44.6 KB, 1396 views)

Old 14th March 2005, 00:43   #5
DrO

Re: NEW VESION v0,6

Quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
Oh by the way Winamp's reply to my submition
not sure who did that, i'm still unsure about whether it should be on winamp.com or not. i can see that it can be used for potential ripping but so was output stacker, etc which also had a legitimate usage as well. but i can see that sticking to the safer option of not allowing it on the main site is probably the better way to go (since i dislike some of the changes done to 5.08e as a result of the output stacker crap and i don't want anymore of it in all honesty)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2005, 18:49   #6
Ampian

Just tried out your multi-output plugin and can't disable the out_ds.dll plugin. The "Disable" menu choice is greyed out. I want to make the out_wave.dll plugin the primary plugin. Is there a Registry setting I can change?

Like my friends, I choose my software carefully.
Ampian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2005, 21:44   #7
Ampian

Nevermind, I found the entries in winamp.ini.

Like my friends, I choose my software carefully.
Ampian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2005, 22:38   #8
TazDevil

The primary plugin's menu for 'Disable' is greyed during playback as you cannot disable primary plugin.

You should try to disable it while winamp is idle (eg. not playing a song)

Old 5th April 2005, 21:48   #9
TazDevil

For the next version, I am adding a feature for autostarting playback when winamp starts...

BUT i also want to do another thing...
When listening and writting strams from internet, is there i way that SHOUTcast, or other internet radio stations notify winamp that the song has changed, so that i can separate songs from one another ???

I am currently exerimenting on IPC_HOOK_TITLES, but the title of the song doen't seem to be changeing on time so it is not as reliable as i expected.

Any other thoughts to experiment, or known solutions ???

Old 9th April 2005, 17:32   #10
TazDevil

VERSION 0.8

UPDATED TO V0.8

Version 0.8
* Added Autoplay on startup option
* Fixed popup menu items not responding on Media Library, Equalizer, etc
* Fixed default plugin detection, to work for all versions of out_wave.dll
* New readme in html format

This seems to be that last version of this plugin, as there is no solution to get the song name from radio stations reliably and on time.

Cheers to everyone that help me throughout this ordial
Attached Files
File Type: zip out_multi.zip (54.2 KB, 1901 views)

Old 10th April 2005, 19:26   #11
OmensEdge

Works great!
OmensEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2005, 00:51   #12
RockyJ

doesn't work in mine. 5.08e
It works just peachy if I manually edit winamp.ini by using 2 for primary and 1 for other out.dlls. Otherwise it is quite confused in normal mode. Giving wrong readings and saying primary is not set etc.

Nice idea but in broken mode, might as well use stacker.

edit:

also your webpage as listed in help html isn't there

-RockyJ-
"And now, here's something really important"
**THIS SPACE FOR RENT**
RockyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2005, 10:10   #13
TazDevil

Well yes my home page is still under development

Would you mind telling me what OS are you using, and are you running the latest version of the plugin 0.8...

Maybe this bug is OS specific (are you using Unicode ?)
Help me to solve the problem here.

Last edited by TazDevil; 12th April 2005 at 11:35.
Old 12th April 2005, 23:02   #14
RockyJ

I will be happy to help any way I can. I don't know how people value their source on plugins but if yours is available, I can try and debug it also if necessary. I run vc6.

I am running win98se, and your v 0.8.

It appears the plugin is not writing the winamp.ini setting, because when it is set manually the plugin works ok.

-RockyJ-
"And now, here's something really important"
**THIS SPACE FOR RENT**
RockyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2005, 11:24   #15
TazDevil

v0.9
fixed a problem reported that kept Multiple Output Plugin from receiving commands in Windows 98 so i made a new verion that can be used in Win98 as well...

No other changes have been made, so you can keep v0.8 for the moment if you want
for future updates if any check my site
http://www.freewebs.com/ioannis

Old 22nd April 2005, 04:21   #16
dhallag

Thanks for a great plug-in. If I can make a suggestion, have an option for a visulation to open and/or close pending playing audio and video. My idea is that there are some visulations (if any) that you would want to play during video playback and a different set of visulizations for audio playback.

Make sense?

FYI -- there is another multi-visulation plugin called "vizualization_mux"
dhallag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2005, 17:37   #17
TazDevil

@dhallag
well this is an output plugin so addind visualisation settings would be innapropriate.

so i;m afraid i will not be implementing such functionality
-TazDevil

Old 26th September 2006, 23:30   #18
TazDevil

Multiple Output Plugin v1.5

This post brings us to a newer even more stable an rigid release

Build 1.5
  • New method of loading output plugins
  • Added compatibility with AndrewLabs ATSurround Processor output plugin
  • When no output plugin is selected 'Multiple Output Plugin' searches first for DirectSound and then for waveOut output plugins
  • Fixed DSP/Effect menu item not updating correctly in extraordinary situations
  • Fixed hotkey registration of plugins with the same name description, when two or more instances of an output plugin are loaded
  • Hotkeys will register correctly irrespective of other output plugin version changes
  • Cleaned-up the code
  • Until further notice VolumeLogic v1.31 should be used in the following dataflow situation:
    [Winamp] > [VolumeLogic] > [Multiple Output Plugin] > [DirectSound or any other output plugin]
Homepage
Download Here

(now working on v2 that will add a new skinned dialog box to handle output plugins)

Old 3rd April 2007, 17:42   #19
Stupifier
Major Dude

TazDevil, I receive an immediate Winamp crash once I open Winamp after having installed your your plug-in (Build 1.5). Previously, I had Build 1.1 in working order on Winamp. I than installed this version and Winamp crashes right away. I also made sure to uninstall Build 1.1 before installing Build 1.5. I am using winamp 5.33. Can you help me?
Stupifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 18:08   #20
Stupifier
Major Dude

Nevermind I got it to work. This is what I had to do:

1. Uninstall all Output Plugins
2. Install Multiple Output Plugin
3. Reinstall all Output Plugins
4. Run Winamp

I have a question/request though. I really DO NOT want a Primary output to exist. I want to be able to switch from one single output to another single output via hotkeys.

In short, I have a laptop with a sound system hooked up to it. I want to be able to just easily switch output to the laptop internal sound when I disconnect my laptop from the sound system and back when I reconnect. This is TEDIOUS with the current setup and hotkeys won't help it. In Order to do any switching I have to:

1. Stop Playing Music
2. Disable Current Set Output
3. Set New Output as Primary Default

That is literally the fastest way to do it. If there was no such thing as Primary Output...than I could just use Hotkeys and Enable the New Output and Disable the Old Output. Can this feature PLEASE PLEASE be implemented.
Stupifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 01:04   #21
fbreve

Great plugin!

I've found it when looking for a plugin to output to two soundboards at the same time.

It's working, but sometimes the two soundcarts get out of sync and I have to Forward ou Rewind a little bit to sync it again. Is there any way to fix that?

Thanks.
fbreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 01:07   #22
fbreve

By the way, I'm using two out_ds.dll as output, each one configured to one of the soundboards
fbreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2009, 13:00   #23
CyBeRmAn_ZA

Is there any solution to fix when both the outputs are out of sync?
CyBeRmAn_ZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 14:35   #24
Biet

Don't work with crossfading

This seems to be a great plugin, unfortunately it does not work with Studio Sound FX together with Nullsoft crossfading output. The sounds get all mixed upp with lots of strange effects.

Last edited by Biet; 21st March 2009 at 15:14.
Biet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 22:35   #25
mike12489

Quote:
Originally posted by fbreve
Great plugin!

I've found it when looking for a plugin to output to two soundboards at the same time.

It's working, but sometimes the two soundcarts get out of sync and I have to Forward ou Rewind a little bit to sync it again. Is there any way to fix that?

Thanks.
This is a bit late, but to fbreve and all others with this issue:

I'm using pretty much the same configuration as fbreve and I did find a solution.

The problem seems to lie in TazDevil's multi_out.dll plugin's way of handling buffered music. It plays out all of the buffered music in one of the two outputs in our cases, so one output stops at the end of where the buffer was and one stops when the pause button is pressed, causing latency when playback is started again.

The best solution I could find is to go to the Winamp settings for each out_ds.dll and set the default fade length equal to the buffer length. My guess is that that makes Winamp automatically keep playing until the end of the buffered music on both outputs or something like that.

I have my buffer lengths and default fade lengths set to 400 ms on the first output and 300 ms on the second output. That means it will play for 0.4 seconds after I press the pause button. I would set it at low as it gets but for some reason under 400 ms on the one always makes it lags behind the other.

Hope this helps someone. Very useful plugin, by the way. I love it!

Mike
mike12489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 01:07   #26
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Quote:
record internet audio to your local hard drive
Due to legal liability issues, this plugin has been removed from the winamp.com database.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion