Old 21st August 2006, 03:29   #1
Raiden1803

Send a message via AIM to Raiden1803
Problems with global hot keys

iv been having problems with the global hot keys. occasionaly they stop working, i cant set them to default and winamp just tells me unable to register keys... the only way iv been able to fix this is by uninstalling winamp, removing the directory, and installing winamp again.. iv done this quiet a few times so far.. this is what the error looks like

other than reinstalling winamp whenever this happens, is their a way to fix this?
Raiden1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2006, 03:37   #2
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

It means something else has those keys registered. Do you have any other hotkey plugins installed? Any other hotkey programs running on your computer?

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
drewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2006, 06:49   #3
Raiden1803

Send a message via AIM to Raiden1803
the only other plugins i have installed would be ipod and the "my IM plug-in" for msn . the other programs i can think of that run global hot keys are bs player and FRAPS. but those are all set to default too so neither should conflict with winamps defaults..
Raiden1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2006, 06:56   #4
TazDevil

You are getting that message because probalby you are using multiple instances of Winamp (ie. you have executed Winamp twice...

If that is so then you need to start the second instance with a diffetent configuration file ( use /CONFIG="<filename>" in command line while executing winamp ) and set different hotkeys, or uncheck Allow multiple instances if you dont require that feature.

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support