Old 2nd October 2006, 13:18   #1
S@vvY

Winamp 5.3 crash with ActiveSync

Dear friends,

Today I've just upgraded to version 5.3 eversince I used version 5.13 for sometimes now. But the problem is that ActiveSync get disconnected each time winamp runs. This wasn't an issue in that last version I used. I wonder if there's already a workaround to address this otherwise I have to revert to version 5.13

Would love to hear from you guys. Thanks in advance.
S@vvY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 13:51   #2
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

To be honest, I don't know what activesync is, I guess a third party program/plug-in.

If so, it's up to the author to provide a 5.3 compatibility update.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 14:24   #3
TazDevil

Microsoft ActiveSync is a layer to interface the WindowsMobile devices (pocket pc's) with windows and syncronize with outlook etc. Pocket Pc's connect to the pc with a usb cable, or bluetooth conenction.

Seems that you are using a usb cable to connect and most probably is caused by the portables section.

First try to disable the ml_pmp.dll that loads all the portable devices support, to see if there is any change.

If that is so, Will is trying to fix all bugs in portable support so it would be nice to, know which pmp_*.dll plugin is causing it and what other usb devices you have connected to the pc.

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 16:27   #4
S@vvY

yes Koopatrooper, it's a program provided by microsoft to connect PDA under Windows Mobile operating system to PC so as to synchronize, basically microsoft outlook data; Email, contacts, etc...

To TazDevil: I actually had just reverted to version 5.13, and you've got the point, I noticed that in this version Portables is not introduced yet, so that's really should be the problem lies. I look forward to the next release that has this issue addressed. Though if the need for tester, I would hit it a go

I sync with BT as well as usb cable, depending if I wanted to be mobile, but more often I use the cable mode. I don't think my other usb connected devices (they are: 2.5' hdd, 3.5' hdd, usb hub connected with mice, and printer.) has caused any problem like this, cause they are constantly there and has no issue. Anyhow, it only happens when trying to synchronize PDA with PC, a connection between the two cannot be established.

thanks.
S@vvY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 08:33   #5
vanilaguy

rename ml_pmp.dll to ml_pmp.old

Quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
Microsoft ActiveSync is a layer to interface the WindowsMobile devices (pocket pc's) with windows and syncronize with outlook etc. Pocket Pc's connect to the pc with a usb cable, or bluetooth conenction.

Seems that you are using a usb cable to connect and most probably is caused by the portables section.

First try to disable the ml_pmp.dll that loads all the portable devices support, to see if there is any change.

If that is so, Will is trying to fix all bugs in portable support so it would be nice to, know which pmp_*.dll plugin is causing it and what other usb devices you have connected to the pc.
i renamed .dll to .old and worked like a charm! thanks.
vanilaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 08:55   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Note that this is an old thread revived.

To just disable ActiveSync support, you can rename pmp_activesync to eg. pmp_activesync.dll.off

Renaming ml_pmp to ml_pmp.dll.off disables support for all portables (iPod, PlaysForSure, ActiveSync, generic usb, etc).
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support