Old 8th November 2006, 20:55   #1
NiklasGbg

How do I use multiple playback devices simultaneously?

I have just bought a wireless bluetooth 2.1 speaker system, Saitek A-250, which seems to work very well. I’m very pleased with the sound and the design. The reason for this apparatus is that I wanted to listen to my music in the kitchen.

One thing is bothering me though, whenever I activate the bluetooth speakers they somehow take priority over my desktop speakers. Is there someway to use both sets of speakers simultaneously?

I’ve tried a plug-in called "Multiple Output Plugin 1.5", this seems to be the right path to go but it only takes my so far.

If I activate a second output device I have sound in both sets of speakers although the sound isn’t synchronized, I use the following settings:

Primary output: waveOut output v2.1 -> Device: SoundMAX Digital Audio

Secondary output: DirectSound output v2.43 -> Device: 02: Saitek A-250 wireless 2.1 speaker

Perhaps I'm not making me clear enough?
NiklasGbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2006, 17:12   #2
TazDevil

For best sync try to use a copy of the same output engine...

That is, copy, out_wave.dll to out_wave2.dll, (or the same with out_ds.dll) and use the same buffer settings for both instances of the same plugin.

I have found that waveOut sync works much better.
Sync also it works much better on start/stop second instances or pause/resume songs if,
Prebuffer on both active instances (in either , DirectSound or waveOut) is MAXed ... (eg if Buffer is 2000 which is the default, prebuffer should be set to 2000 as well)

[Also make sure that in Windows Control Panel]
Sounds And Audio Devices Properties > Audio Tab
uncheck "Use only default devices"

for windows to be able to use both soundcards.

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2006, 20:07   #3
NiklasGbg

I have tried the things you recommend but I cant get it to work, assuming Im doing it the right way.

I assume I'm supposed to do this with the help of the plugin I mentioned?! I copy the out_ds.dll file and rename it but I can't get sound out of the two devices simultaneously, have I missunderstood something?

Thank you very much for the reply!, I had already given up but perhaps with your help I can get this to work! :-)
Old 28th November 2006, 20:22   #4
TazDevil

Yeah, using the said plug-in
you should also do what you did before assigning the devices

Primary output: (out_ds.dll): DirectSound output v2.43 -> Device: SoundMAX Digital Audio

Secondary output: (out_ds2.dll): DirectSound output v2.43 -> Device: 02: Saitek A-250 wireless 2.1 speaker

[also try removing in_wm.dll because it causes some problems occasionally]

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2006, 18:37   #5
NiklasGbg

Sorry, it doesnt work. If a tamper with anything in the plugin directory I cant start Winamp, it says "...has encountered a problem and has to shutdown..." or something similar.

The same thing applies if I try to uninstall the in_wm.dll from within Winamp! Very strange, perhaps my installation of XP or Winamp is unstable?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support