Old 1st December 2006, 02:48   #1
phatmann

waveout output

I am using winamp 5.32 and I have it set up on my server so that i can access it remotely. I am able to listen to music if I listen to it on the server, but whenever I log in remotely to the server and try and listen to it I get the error message for waveout output. It states that there is no driver installed on the system. When I log in remotely and there is a cd in the drive i get the same message but the cd plays anyway but if I try to listen to any of the playlists on the server I get the message and it doesnt play. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they correct this. Thanks
phatmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 03:29   #2
TazDevil

Does the same happen with DirectSound output ?

Remove/rename in_wm.dll so it doesn't load and try again, and see if the error still occurs.

TazDevil

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 09:36   #3
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

you need a soundcard properly set up with drivers before you'll be able to use winamp and hear anything.

there's a special output plugin for streaming which makes no sound. but then you wouldn't be able to hear anything.

tazdevil: in_wm.dll is windows media support. it has nothing to do with wavout
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 11:25   #4
phatmann

I am not sure if I explained this correctly so I will try again.

If I am loggeg on to my server directly then I am able to listen to the music using winamp. I dont have any type of error messages at all, and the sound works fine.

When ever I log onto the server remotely and try and play the music i get the waveout output error message. If i am trying to listen to a cd that is on the server I get the same message btu i am still able to play it, but if I try and listen to anything in my playlist I am not able to hear anything at all and it still gives me the error message stating that there is no driver installed on the system.
phatmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support