Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets

Old 25th August 2017, 15:50   #161
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I can imagine, if someone wants to do some edits in some sections and then hits "Enter" for viewing the edits, then suddenly Winamp can crash, and the edits of a preset cannot be viewed anymore. Because I myself had changed only the codes for the textures and nothing else, I have no experiences with the edits in other sections than "warp" and "comp".

At least I didn't experience crashes of Winamp with some more presets by other preset authors when I wanted to see them.

BTW, I have uploaded 3 more smaller .zip-folders on Mediafire (between 11 and 19 MB), after "tiledwater" now also "untiledwater", "waterall", "waterfinal". You can visit "Winamp forever - Music forever!!!" by Sternenmaschinebine on DeviantArt, I have just edited it and added the download-links also there. This weekend I want to see my "water textures" in Winamp...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 17:35   #162
Fumbling_Foo

Sorry for the long delay, been working a bit to post a (yet another) minor update of Star Forge.

Thank you for the reply, Victhor. I must admit that I haven't really checked out the different options of skins for winamp, but I must say, Victhor, those are some killer skins . I believe its true that nobody has appreciated my work more than myself. I've logged hundreds of hours watching various revisions of Star Forge, sometimes hours at a time. It might not be because its just that good for extended viewing, but because its my own work. But I do believe the preset is so dynamic that it can almost be viewed endlessly and still provide new patterns, and so its a preset like few others. Its just never the same except for the basic center circle and periphery structure.

Hakanh, thank you for the reply as well. I liked v14 as well but I'm just not seeing it being better than some of the changes in v15 imo, at least from a personal preference standpoint, except perhaps for the border which may not be meshing with the preset overall, so I've removed that in this update. I like the more textured look of v15; there's lots more and more defined detail and more varied overall patterns in the preset that can persist longer, even though its less smooth I think the tradeoff is worth it imo. Nevertheless, thanks very much for the informative feedback Hakanh!

Also, I doubt I'll be making any significant changes to the warp shader or comp shader for a while because I lack the skills for real programming and I would need to gather more code material from other presets, test, etc. to come up with an improvement. Thanks for the tips again, Hakanh!

Like my avatar? Check out my Star Forge preset project .
Fumbling_Foo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2017, 15:02   #163
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Also I myself make minor and major updates of .zip-folders and .txt-files. Today I have changed again 2 URLs from http to https, a minor update, while updating a .zip-folder with images is more a major update. Today I have added one more .zip-folder on Mediafire.

I am on 1070 pages with 34214 presets and on 4688 textures for the Milkdrop Visualizer and on 782 + 888 .jpg-files for cPro - KAO and for Komodo X Touchscreen / DESKTOP.

BTW, I didn't have enough time yet to look for the mentioned YouTube-Upload by another user where I saw over 1000 pages in the Load-Menue. I know only, I had discovered the video in 2014.

Old 2nd September 2017, 20:46   #164
Fumbling_Foo

Sounds like you're busy busy busy as always, Klare . Today I have an update that's likely to be final for Star Nova (15c is likely to be final for Star Forge as well). The update features revised beat detection. Also note that 15c shouldn't have had "Unchained" in the credits, I removed all the attributing code, lol.

And, with that, I'm likely out of the preset authoring business. Permanently? I don't know, I just haven't been interested in making any more presets and I feel too dumb to come up with anything new. Sucks having schizophrenia. Even when I'm sane and not having positive symptoms it takes a toll with negative symptoms.

Old 5th September 2017, 14:47   #165
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Today I have downloaded 2 more presets, by You and by xmuzack. I think, I will see them this week.

I forgot to mention, that since April I am on 2629 skins. The ugly skins are not in my Winamps on my PC & notebook, and I dislike especially those Modern Skins (Non-SUI) which look like Metallic Skulls or like Machine Guns. Since 3 days I am on 36590 presets and 1144 pages, and maybe I will use maximal 40000 of over 52000 presets. I will exclude the very ugly presets and those presets with very annoying filenames from my usage, but I still have them in my archives incl. my ultra-archives.

Do I have only my generalized anxiety disorder or is there a real danger for our Planet Earth now? Frank and I really don't want, that our Beautiful Blue Planet with all the many lifeforms on it will be destroyed now. How would I feel, if I would hear "now it will happen"? Of course I never want to see it happen. I want to see all the lifeforms alive also for the future, and maybe also the humans still want to stay alive and enjoy all the technical features which we have reached now, incl. the hardware and software.

As next I will have dates also with a neurologist, not only with a psychiatrist and with an orthopedist. My left hand gets more and more defect, maybe soon it will not work correctly anymore. And these newer problems bring my older problems more into the background.

Fumbling_Foo, for You I hope all the best and keep strong...

Old 16th October 2017, 22:50   #166
Fumbling_Foo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine Klare View Post
Today I have downloaded 2 more presets, by You and by xmuzack. I think, I will see them this week.

I forgot to mention, that since April I am on 2629 skins. The ugly skins are not in my Winamps on my PC & notebook, and I dislike especially those Modern Skins (Non-SUI) which look like Metallic Skulls or like Machine Guns. Since 3 days I am on 36590 presets and 1144 pages, and maybe I will use maximal 40000 of over 52000 presets. I will exclude the very ugly presets and those presets with very annoying filenames from my usage, but I still have them in my archives incl. my ultra-archives.

Do I have only my generalized anxiety disorder or is there a real danger for our Planet Earth now? Frank and I really don't want, that our Beautiful Blue Planet with all the many lifeforms on it will be destroyed now. How would I feel, if I would hear "now it will happen"? Of course I never want to see it happen. I want to see all the lifeforms alive also for the future, and maybe also the humans still want to stay alive and enjoy all the technical features which we have reached now, incl. the hardware and software.

As next I will have dates also with a neurologist, not only with a psychiatrist and with an orthopedist. My left hand gets more and more defect, maybe soon it will not work correctly anymore. And these newer problems bring my older problems more into the background.

Fumbling_Foo, for You I hope all the best and keep strong...
Thanks Mrs. Klare, I may have been a bit depressed about my progress with making presets, but overall I've been happy with life lately. I've been exploring the world of high-end audio and the world of mnemonics and have been making good progress on both fronts, especially mnemonics. I've always complained about a bad memory, especially after I contracted schizoaffective disorder, but mnemonics is totally changing that .

I'm also worried about my brain, that I may have a brain tumor. If I could just get an eye exam, for sure the examiner would be able to see if I potentially have one because of increased intercranial pressure and refer me to a neurologist.

Also, I have good news - Star Nova v2. Its the best version yet of Star Nova and better than any Star Forge version. Like other Star Forge / Nova versions, its beat detection is so good it's almost godly, possessing a refined musicality to it. You have to look beyond the triggers and transitions into their very appearance, study the preset in motion, to get a sense of how accurate the beat detection, appropriate the musicality and appearance, and nuanced the preset is. Not every beat elicits the same response, its fluid instead of mechanistic. The preset just "knows" how to respond to the beat and character of the music in unpredictable but sensible ways. Even I don't know how it does what it does, through trial and error I've refined Star Forge / Nova to where it just works. Cheers and enjoy!

Old 17th October 2017, 14:44   #167
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Hello Fumbling_Foo,

I am so glad to see You online again after 6 weeks.

This evening these will be 2645 skins and 40496 presets (52216 in my ultra-archive). And because 4 days ago I have made sunset-photos on a bridge, I have now 4716 textures and 896 desktop wallpapers (356 by me). I will try to update wallpapersdesktop.zip tomorrow, today these will be Images4000bySabineKlare.zip and Images2000bySabineKlare.zip on Mediafire.

Some of the good artists from the Dub Techno Scene want to have their music 100% perfect, too. They upload demo-tracks on SoundCloud, delete them and upload updated versions of the same tracks a few times, before they release their next final albums or single tracks. And I myself want to have my collections more and more perfect.

Yesterday I had my date. From the neurologic side everything is okay, nothing has been found, why I have my problems with my hand.

I have planned to return into:
Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist

But I suggest to visit again also "What are you listening to right now?" in:
Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > Music O'Rama

Try to take the time and enjoy some good music, the music of Your taste...

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets