Old 19th June 2006, 22:31   #241
sean_malice

Could someone provide the sources to the nsvenc and nsvdec dlls please ?
sean_malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 11:21   #242
iwata

Quote:
Originally posted by sean_malice
Could someone provide the sources to the nsvenc and nsvdec dlls please ?
Putnam first message ! link is still valid

then even Krstjern two movies ( vp6/x264) are available too for dld

glad to see the thread is still alive as I never was able to play the x264 version ; as many people here I got stuck while initial buffering though I have done everything right , which is easy if you read the thread and know just enough about ffdshow

this is a strange situation where some could get it work and others had the very same 'bug' !?
iwata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 17:17   #243
iwata

Quote:
Originally posted by krstjern
I did a little test on a music video on a VERY low bitrate, And i have put it up here.

First, encoding it in X264:
Settings:
320x240 Rezise
23.9760 FPS
28kbps ACC+ Audio
100kbps X264 Video

The X264 and VP62 have about the same encoding speed, but that is when i have the X264 on the best/slowest encoding with one-pass.
As I see:
The video quality for X264 was clear and good at full screen, even with a lot of motion. It had a bitrate of 125kbps.
FPS never went down. Had some problems with some pixels remaining after a lot of motion, but they dissapeared fast and was nothing that could ruin the movie.

Encoding in VP62:
Settings:
320x240 Rezise
23.9760 FPS
28kbps ACC+ Audio
100kbps VP62 Video

I encoded this one in One-pass best quality, streaming.
This one looked awfull at the bitrate in my oppinion, a lot more pixelated, and motion was killing me when watching. FPS went down a LOT at some points. It didn't leave anny pixels here and there, but it made everything look bad.

Conclusion:
X264 is a LOT better at that bitrate.
It was some filesize differences tough:
X264 file size:6 097 KB
VP62 file size:5 325 KB

I guess this is becouse of the 10 sec that X264 goes above the bitrate, and that I only used one pass(I don't think two pass work yet :/ )

So, I would use X264 for low bitrate streaming ^^

You can download the files here:
X264: http://animeamanga.com/nsv_test/whis...beast_X264.nsv
VP62: http://animeamanga.com/nsv_test/whis...beast_VP62.nsv

Hope this help some people (I guess not :P )
since the thread seems still alive , maybe some comments here...

>> Conclusion:
>> X264 is a LOT better at that bitrate.
>> It was some filesize differences tough:
>> X264 file size:6 097 KB
>> VP62 file size:5 325 KB

I demuxed both and so it appears the x264 version was allowed 950KB more which is almost +25% more bit rate here ; no small potatoes

>> FPS went down a LOT at some points

nope; same number of frames once demuxed

>> I guess this is becouse of the 10 sec that X264 goes above the bitrate,

nope ; I watched the bit rate and there is no such 10sec peak period where the bit rate would explode and explain for the extra data ; otherwise this would mean some 760kbits (!!) more during 10 sec ; no way indeed

as for quality , if you play side by side ( PP on VP6 set to default ) , I would not say "is a LOT better"

I, too, prefer x264 but not with such emphasis ; especially considering here the large disparity of bit rate ; and quite possibly too VP* is not the best codec for animation

now the more interesting point remains to know if the DLL "nsvdec_x264.dll" is ...too much Alpha or not ;

as some other I was stuck by an endless buffering ; when I took the dll out of the Winamp plugins rep', this problem did not happen anymore and Winamp would play the audio track ; and indeed no video ; this (possibly) showing the problem was with the nsvdec_x264.dll ...(?)

too bad since this is , for sure, what a lot of people are waiting for (x264 and Winamp)
Old 21st June 2006, 00:40   #244
mbuchetics

I can't get it to work. I installed ffdshow which is working (tested it out by using some visualization) and put the DLL in the Winamp/Plugin folder. But after the prebuffering I don't get any video or audio. If I remove the DLL I get audio.
I am using Winamp 5.23, the newest ffdshow and the DLLs posted here.
I also tried restarting my computer, reinstalling ffdshow and Winamp ... no success.

Edit: oh and of course I enabled the codec in ffdshow as described here.
mbuchetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2006, 11:48   #245
iwata

well , as I don't like to give up...I reinstalled all (as advised as a possible cure ) and in the end ...it does work

don't ask me why ( Windows ? Winamp ? hacked x264_dll ?)

so don't give up ...

now since x264 is definitely a good codec , [which does not need some 'help' to prove it can outperform VP* ], why does it seem that nobody is broadcasting with it !!??

fear too many people will be bored by getting it to work (decode) if some problem happens like the endless buffering (or seeking) problem that many faced here ?

or is it legal matter ? rockouthippie cleverly pointed out that there exists a margin for 'non profit' use ; so ?

I am surprised this exciting thread stopped so/too early
Old 21st June 2006, 17:09   #246
iwata

incidently I tried to use the ActiveX code (ampx_en_dl.cab) to embed the video in a page and found it would not work with X264 video.

no video, only the sound track.

the VP62 stream is OK for both video/audio.

now that leaves the player OK which is quite sufficient to keep on after x264/aacp (imho)

since Putnam's site is all embeded video, that might be a clue for some sudden loss of interest (?)
Old 23rd June 2006, 01:42   #247
krstjern

Quote:
Originally posted by iwata
since the thread seems still alive , maybe some comments here...

>> Conclusion:
>> X264 is a LOT better at that bitrate.
>> It was some filesize differences tough:
>> X264 file size:6 097 KB
>> VP62 file size:5 325 KB

I demuxed both and so it appears the x264 version was allowed 950KB more which is almost +25% more bit rate here ; no small potatoes

>> FPS went down a LOT at some points

nope; same number of frames once demuxed

>> I guess this is becouse of the 10 sec that X264 goes above the bitrate,

nope ; I watched the bit rate and there is no such 10sec peak period where the bit rate would explode and explain for the extra data ; otherwise this would mean some 760kbits (!!) more during 10 sec ; no way indeed

as for quality , if you play side by side ( PP on VP6 set to default ) , I would not say "is a LOT better"

I, too, prefer x264 but not with such emphasis ; especially considering here the large disparity of bit rate ; and quite possibly too VP* is not the best codec for animation

now the more interesting point remains to know if the DLL "nsvdec_x264.dll" is ...too much Alpha or not ;

as some other I was stuck by an endless buffering ; when I took the dll out of the Winamp plugins rep', this problem did not happen anymore and Winamp would play the audio track ; and indeed no video ; this (possibly) showing the problem was with the nsvdec_x264.dll ...(?)

too bad since this is , for sure, what a lot of people are waiting for (x264 and Winamp)
nice, lol. Someone actually picked up my tests :P AT that time i was just quick testing. According to winamp, the bitrate would always go up far above the bitrate i set, the first 10 seconds or so.

I never tried demuxing the video to check it, I just read it on the go I like the VP* codecs too, but I like X264 more!
For me, the VP62 video FPS would og down bad sometimes(Skipping frames/Jumpy animation sometimes) and that is not because of my computer(ATI Radeon X800 GFX card :: Amd Athlon 64 bit 3500+ CPU)

Now, those tests are old =/ I don't remember much more xD
And i did them at a Anime, and that usually don't need high Bitrate to look good!

Those who can not run X264 NSV's: Try VLC Media Player, it can run all of them, not the best player for it, but it works!
krstjern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2006, 09:34   #248
iwata

Quote:
Originally posted by krstjern
nice, lol. Someone actually picked up my tests :P AT that time i was just quick testing. According to winamp, the bitrate would always go up far above the bitrate i set, the first 10 seconds or so.

I never tried demuxing the video to check it, I just read it on the go I like the VP* codecs too, but I like X264 more!

......./........

Those who can not run X264 NSV's: Try VLC Media Player, it can run all of them, not the best player for it, but it works!
>> I like the VP* codecs too, but I like X264 more!

same for me no question that X264 outperforms VP* ;but sometimes you may have to go full screen, that is grow many times the original resolution to see clearly the differences ( or preferably..see the clear differences ! )

in other words, if you keep the display at 1:1 the encode res' , there may not be any clear difference between the old VP3 and H264 ; except for the ability of H264 to cope with extremely low bit rate ; but otherwise say 320*240 @ 180kbps both may often look quite close *at 1:1* ; which is the more common situation of embeded video , and explain also for the success of Flash video 'format'

>> Those who can not run X264 NSV's: Try VLC Media Player, it can run all of them, not the best player for it, but it works!

well just in case you really can't get Winamp to work here ( ffdshow in fact) ; otherwise running X264 NSV's with VLC is a pain

>> nice, lol. Someone actually picked up my tests

yeah, they were (still are) nice tests ; quite frankly I would not expect Vp62 to gain that much with +25% bit rate that it would then equal/outperform X264 ; noway

so these tests are quite valid anyway ; it's just that when you undertake such comparison you have to care for all aspects, if you don't want people take easy argument here and there ; lol

in the end, I do regret that this topic closed so early ; even if getting X264 to work in Winamp is somewhat tricky (for users/viewers )

unless I am wrong, there is even actually not a single 'experimental' H264 NSV feed that I know of
Old 30th June 2006, 19:20   #249
lalaaaa

how can i play X264 nsv's on VLC? for me it doesnt play those...

and how can i play x264 stream (nsv) with VLC?
lalaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2006, 21:34   #250
slavas
Major Dude

dont use N years old version of VLC
slavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2006, 23:57   #251
lalaaaa

ok i downloaded a newer version of VLC but i cant watch NSV. theres only sound... in winamp it worked but i want to see it on VLC also..
lalaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2006, 12:33   #252
sean_malice

There's a problem here that i'd like to point out.
H264 encoding within nsv relies on the vfw version of the codec (as oposed to the cli version).

It apears that the vfw version is barely maintained at all, thus missing major options probably necessary to achive proper cbr (such as vbv_max_bitrate for once).
I tried to raise the issue on the videolan forum (makers of x264), only to be told that x264 developpers weren't reading these threads anymore, and was pointed to the doom9 forums.

There, active people have become so fed up with people asking about vfw related stuff that they almost ignore it. Some vfw related threads have even been taken out.

Point is, there's no place to discuss x264 vfw issues anymore, and even less people to care about it. All development efforts are now geared toward the cli version which is considered THE proper implementation of x264.

Until told otherwise, WE still need the vfw version to operate nsvcap for live broadcasting.

I hereby think that vfw related maters and development should find a new proper place (like this thread ?), and that interested (and competent) people should manifest themselves to get things organized.

One thing is clear, the vfw version won't update on its own. Nobody's willing to maintain it anymore (and i believe, not even its core developers), so most new options available in the cli will continue to be missing unless someone implement them.

Things that could be done :

-add the missing options in the vfw frontend.

-or at least, include a text field in the frontend in which one could input a command line with all relevent parameters (as one would with the cli version).
The command line field, if used, would of course overide any other settings from the frontend.
This way, all the latest commands would always be available without having to modify the vfw frontend each time a new option is implemented.
I have already seen this method used in lame frontends to provide access to options that couldn't make it in the frontend dialog box.

-redesign the nsv x264 encoding plugin so that it makes use of the cli instead of the vfw frontend. (don't know if that's even possible.

As a side note, x264 encoding is also available within ffdshow. Maybe a plugin could be written to access it (plenty of available codecs there).

Thank you for reading.
sean_malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2006, 18:53   #253
sankt

Quote:
As a side note, x264 encoding is also available within ffdshow. Maybe a plugin could be written to access it (plenty of available codecs there).
Very interesting point.

A generic plugin to work with FFDshow should be much easier to patch together, than making a individual plugin for each seperate codec. You have the option of configuring seperate video / audio codecs for a wide range of options.

What about live video though ? Could the output of a live video encoder be piped to FFDshow - for transcoding into ( for example ) h264 video + acc plus audio using the NSV format ?

Perhaps this should be looked at more closely ....

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - Television.ScenicRadio.com
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2006, 17:32   #254
iwata

a few questions...

1) will the NSV file format cope with 2 B frames ? or even 'worse' : adaptive B frame rate

what about stable/durable lip sync then ?

( no B frames in VP* )

2) I would check for this myself , provided I could lay my hand on a muxer ( h264 + aache ) ; it seems Slavas made such tool , but I don't find it !

just ( unless I am almost blind then ) as I never saw a muxer for VP* .avi video + mp3 ; making thus possible the use of VDub and all its filters ; not to mention that you get more precise control on the VP* codecs

3) one I already asked for : why don't I see only one NSV station streaming with H264/AAC ? technical problems ? legal problems ?

( well I would think it is a bit early yet to care much about the due fee to AVC patent holders , simply for using H264 'as an experiment stream' )
Old 6th July 2006, 22:33   #255
sankt

You do not see stations use the h.264 format due to technical issues.

This SDK can be used to create plugins for different video codecs that can be used with NSV NSV codec Software Developement Kit Zip File

NSV format and protocol information
Nullsoft Video (NSV) Format Specification RTF Document

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - Television.ScenicRadio.com
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2006, 22:46   #256
iwata

yes thnx , but that is for ( knowledgeable) devs ...which I am not ; too bad :/

still, with the NSV format fully documented I get mixed feelings why nobody ever cared to dev' any DShow solution ; or at least even simply a muxer ; I just can't imagine it is beyond their skills when I see all they have been able to code for ..

so !? surprising...
Old 7th July 2006, 18:14   #257
iwata

well I just had to look more carefully in Slava's rep ! here is the muxer for h264/acc to NSV...

still in the end I could not get anything working ; I think I did everything OK ( raw file format for both the H264 video and AAC audio ), but it would never give more than mainly a grey window with some random (almost garbage) video frames, while the sound track was ok

I checked for 2Bfs, 1Bf, no Bf , just the same ... idem with restriction to Main Profile ( normally I favor High profile) ; I did not check Baseline or possible Levels issues as I felt it surely has more to do with the muxing to the NSV file format

since I could find this muxer, maybe there does exist another previous muxer but for VP*.avi+mp3 ; but this one I could not find
Old 8th July 2006, 16:48   #258
iwata

Quote:
Originally posted by sean_malice
There's a problem here that i'd like to point out.
H264 encoding within nsv relies on the vfw version of the codec (as oposed to the cli version).

Slava's muxer is normally here to provide for using the CLI version

but unfortunately having tried all I could , I give up since it does not work (here)for me ; too bad

the idea was to save the CLI x264 encode as RAW and then mux with AAC ADTS ( BTW does ageing ADTS really help here with muxing to a NSV container ...? but I followed the guide )

needless to say I tried many things , down to the minimal options of Main Profile X264 , even a de facto Baseline when no B-fs (!), but no cure at all...

same for AAC audio , down to strict CBR options ; even totally RAW material ( no ADTS) ; no cure either...

I am confident that Slavas certainly made good use of his muxer but I was unable to duplicate ; *this* worries me !

if someone wants to try , the muxer bares a strange name "asdfhjdfjldg" , so don't miss it as I did for a while

hear from you folks

really thinking all this turns to a waste of time , and since there is no fee until 2011 for 'casual' web H264/AVC broadcasting, then better run a DSS ...and forget the troubles ; too bad since Winamp/NSV remains nice and fine overall , even if more and more outdated each day as for using today's best streaming options

edit : indeed Shoutcast remains great for music only
Old 8th July 2006, 16:58   #259
slavas
Major Dude

if you can please provide files which you try to mux, but for me it works without problems, doesnt matter which profile (and yes i use high always, as i see no point of using others)
Old 8th July 2006, 17:10   #260
iwata

ooops, I trashed all ( just to get some relief !) but no problem I will do this tonite or tomorrow

while that, can you provide one sample in NSV container , and the two tracks (video and audio) as well , so that I try to duplicate here the muxing ! that would really keep me running if I could yet do that myself
Old 9th July 2006, 01:24   #261
slavas
Major Dude

http://slavo.gigas.googlepages.com/tmp but like i said muxer should work, just dont feed it with encodes which used multiple slices
Old 9th July 2006, 15:44   #262
iwata

thnx for the files

yes indeed , it's all OK ; that makes me happy even if I can' t figure why I can reproduce it with my stuff ...

and that gets me a bit mad for two days now ! the files I try to mux are (apparently) all the same as yours ; that is plain H264 raw video and ADTS aac audio (not full raw there)

now I found something which -for sure- shows the muxer is not the problem ; that is the video track is normally 2'53" and keeps that duration if encoded as .mp4 with x264 ; just too normal BTW

BUT if I choose the RAW 'container' ( I would normally expect it does not even play but it does ; possibly VLC is smart enough to keep on with .h264 ) , then the duration turns ...2'45" !!

simply by changing the output file format , all encoding parameters unchanged : heck ...

did you ever notice such thing ? at that time I did not yet try any other source , this I will do tomorrow. I mean that I am using a 23.97fps source (416><240 ) ; I will then check if the same problem occurs with a 25fps source and while at it , basic 4/3 ratio even if I don't figure what could be any pb here

so as today , where Les Bleus will possibly win , I give up ...until tomorrow ; and some help too quite likely

if you want to look for yourself , here is the source

http://nozilla.free.fr/Ray_HD_720p_3Mbits.avi

caution : it is huge ( 72MB) being 720p ; incidently I can watch it here streaming under the sole 'protection' of the default 1.2sec http buffer of VLC !! hey that's 3Mbps average and 6 @peaks; and also people who think/say that it is impossible to 'stream' (no seek though) an .avi video will have to think twice ...

as for the RAW H264 video track, here is the ultimately simple I could do : baseline ( no Bfs, no Slices pb ,etc.. ultimate simple )

http://nozilla.free.fr/rayraw_baseline.rar

and here is the ADTS aac sound track ; even made it LC

http://nozilla.free.fr/ray_aaclc_adts.rar

and the mux ( just to see the problem)

http://nozilla.free.fr/rayraw_adts_muxed.rar

in the end I really would hope for a second muxer able to mux .avi and .mp3 ( or AAC indeed) as I found here that the veteran VP3 could still reasonably compete with x264 , even in such rather low bit/pix situation and a 608><352 grow (almost +50%) ; a kind of display size that should be OK in many cases for sub 250/300kbps streams

but first I really need to understand what is wrong here with x264 ,as an encoder, or where ...I am wrong (!?)

Last edited by iwata; 9th July 2006 at 16:17.
Old 9th July 2006, 22:42   #263
slavas
Major Dude

slices=2 - thats where problem is, as i said i assume always 1 slice/frame.
i need to check if that number is static then i probably could add option to specify slice number per frame, but now just use 1 slice/frame, plus it gives (very very a bit) better compression too
Old 10th July 2006, 10:59   #264
iwata

can you give me a cmd line that will work here since ...I just can't get anything OK in the end , even from Baseline and the more simple options ; I'm sorry :/

better : can you verify by yourself that such cmd line IS ok ?

I stay with this sample since , at some moments, it requires precise lipsync ; which I can't check from your sample as the sound track is 'ambience'

that is , will the muxer achieve lipsync with 23.97fps for instance ; could it cope with 2Bfs ; can it cope with ABR aac or does it need strict CBR, etc...

BTW, why did you not release a muxer for VP*.avi / mp3-orAAC ? that one should be no pb and provides for the best possible encoded VP* videos
Old 10th July 2006, 11:24   #265
slavas
Major Dude

just dont use --threads or set it to "1"

for 23.97 fps use "131" in "FPSlabel"

for perfect sync probably not using B frames is good idea as it should introduce delay, but 1 shouldnt be easily noticeble

>>2Bfs
pls explain

ABR,VBR,CBR doesnt matter, simply one chunk contains 0 or few complete AAC frames

>>VP* avi
coz i dont know and lazy to learn how to read data from avi files
Old 10th July 2006, 13:11   #266
iwata

I followed your recommendations

no --Threads or "1"

>for 23.97 fps use "131" in "FPSlabel"

great ; I do get exact 23.97fps now

>for perfect sync probably not using B frames is good idea as it should introduce delay, but 1 shouldnt be easily noticeble

actually I will care for the quality of H264 encoding once I will have succeeded in muxing anything , so I really keep as simple as possible ( Baseline ie no Bfs, or Main and 1Bfs )

but...I still don't/can't make it

did you succeed with this sample ? can you give the/a correct cmd line for it ?

>>VP* avi
>coz i dont know and lazy to learn how to read data from avi files

too bad we have always missed a DShow filter , so at least a muxer could have been yet just OK ; now I understand working for VP* is not much incentive in 2006
Old 10th July 2006, 15:19   #267
iwata

it's OK

browsing the topics I found one cmd line you advised for (and an old link to a former name of your muxer ?) :

x264.exe -p 1 --bitrate 260 --qpmin 16 --keyint 150 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.6 --vbv-maxrate 260 --vbv-bufsize 1200 --8x8dct --bframes 1 --b-bias 100 --mixed-refs --me umh -A all --ref 16 --subme 7 -t 2 --b-rdo --bframes 1 --output "path/ray.264" "path/ray.avs"

this one is OK ; strange as it seems there is no 'objective' difference with some lines I tried , so I will have to look carefully and..understand ; eventually

weird points for instance : why two instances of --bframes 1 (actually I did not check if cancelling the second occurence will harm , which would be something to understand then!)

what : -A all and -t 2 stand for ?

Last edited by iwata; 10th July 2006 at 17:23.
Old 10th July 2006, 17:38   #268
iwata

Quote:
Originally posted by slavas
just dont use --threads or set it to "1"

for 23.97 fps use "131" in "FPSlabel"

what correct FPSlabels will do for 29.97 ?

BTW how does it compute in relation to the movie frame rate ? default is 12 ; what fps does it stand for ?

Do you think to fix the slices point (issue) ?

--------

Nero Digital Audio 2006-05-18 - Version 1.0.0.2 is *extremely good* but when choosing .aac we only get plain RAW not ADTS ; what's the "easiest" way to get back from .m4a to ADTS ?

Last edited by iwata; 10th July 2006 at 18:11.
Old 10th July 2006, 20:38   #269
slavas
Major Dude

http://ultravox.aol.com/NSVFormat.rtf see appendix B for framerates

yes double "--bframes 1" was typo, btw i dont claim its thats in any way the best options to encode
-A all and -t 2 makes encoding slower and hpefully quality better, but probably should be used only if you have very fast machine/plenty time

as supporting multiple slices - dunno, nobody except you uses it
Old 10th July 2006, 21:30   #270
iwata

surprising I would be the only one to take interest in this muxer ; now sure "asdfhjdfjldg" does not speak much for itself ...

I would add that "frame label" with value = 131 as for 23.97fps is not an easy guess too !

as it (still) beats my logic , can you help me with say 25, 30 , 15fps

any help as for converting .m4a to ADTS ? ( the Nero AAC encoder )
Old 10th July 2006, 21:37   #271
slavas
Major Dude

for any not fractional frame rate just use it (actually nullsoft tools do that ), although 30 - 128, 25 - 130, 15 - 132.

as extracting google for mp4box or GUI for it YAMB

edit: btw i hope you typed program name not by heard but by magic of ctrl & co ?
Old 10th July 2006, 22:20   #272
iwata

OK thnx

as for YAMB, yes I know it but , unless I'm wrong, it only extracts to plain RAW only ; I will check again

EDIT : it's OK => I just extracted two Nero .m4a HE-SBR and a Nero Hev2 (+PS) tracks to (raw) ADTS ; so it should then mux to NSV with the Nero aac super sound

EDIT2 :just checked the muxing ; and too bad but both He and Hev2 tracks (32k stereo) were out of sync after extraction to ADTS via Mp4Box/YAMB and muxing

>> btw i hope you typed program name not by heard but by magic of ctrl & co ?

in fact I am very surprised that few people seem to have take interest for it ; it's the only one tool providing for muxing H264 and AAC to NSV (AFAIK) ; great !

Last edited by iwata; 10th July 2006 at 23:50.
Old 10th July 2006, 22:52   #273
iwata

Quote:
Originally posted by sankt
You do not see stations use the h.264 format due to technical issues.

what are these ? Yes , it is not straightforward for the Winampuser ; he has to tweak a bit, but apart from this point it remains surprising nobody uses H264/aac , would it be as a second feed ; simply for the pleasure of it !

everybody says Winamp/NSV is dying slowly (at least for video) while there exist some rare but interesting tools that nobody cares for !

but maybe there are some technical issues ...that would be ?
Old 11th July 2006, 16:23   #274
iwata

@slavas

apart from multiple Slices support , any hope for supporting AAC HE+ as well ?

or does it yet support HE+ in fact !? the trouble here is once I export .m4a to ADTS ( made with the latest Nero Digital Audio encoder ) , then the mux turns out of sync ; while if I mux to .mp4 the same .m4a track with some H264 video track using Mp4box, then there is no such pb ; sync remains OK

think...you would be a hero , almost the 'sauveur' of NSV ):
Old 30th July 2006, 09:55   #275
mawbey

Hi Guys...

I have a strange issue with my Winamp and H264 codecs.
Iam using winamp to watch online streaming. I have installed decoder and codec exactly as per the first page. I have also copied the files in the correct folder and yes have enabled coded in ffd as well.

But still winamp doesnt play the video.
It starts for a sec, I receive Audio and Video, and then it goes off. Even the video window which would come for a sec or so goes off. I then have to replay and wait for it to reach 100%. and most of the times its uncussefull.
Would appreciate if you could help in this.

this happens only in case of nsv streams. If the stream is in wmp , it plays with excellent quality
thanks
mawbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 19:42   #276
andrea89

Hi everybody ! I haven't found a section to say hello to everybody, anyway, I've been using VP6 plugin so far, but I'd like to change to h264. I've pasted the h264 encoder in nsvtools folder. I'v also installed ffdshow.
But when I go into nsvcap encoding configuration I cannot configure the h264 video encoder, is it normal ?

P.S.: maybe I have to change the settings from ffdshow encoder configuration, but it's a bit strange :-)
andrea89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 19:52   #277
slavas
Major Dude

ffdshow is for decoding, for encoding you'll need x264 VfW
Old 29th September 2008, 17:23   #278
andrea89

Quote:
Originally posted by slavas
ffdshow is for decoding, for encoding you'll need x264 VfW
Sorry, what do you mean ? I've installed ffdshow (encoder/decoder) and I've pasted the x264 codec in nsvtools folder. Anyway, I cannot configure the codec from nsvtools configuration windows.

Another thing: in VFW configuration(the yellow one in the start menu), when I click on H.264, what FOURCC I have to choose ? (H264, X264 or AVC1).

Are there any other things that I have to check ?
andrea89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2008, 16:46   #279
wildex999

You need what is in my signature
X264 NSV Encoder DLL(What you have pasted in the folder, but download this one anyway, since there is different versions)
and the X264 vfw Encoder.
And ofcourse you need ffdshow.
wildex999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2009, 12:36   #280
MrX_1980

Send a message via ICQ to MrX_1980
thx

It works on windows 7 beta 1 (build 7000) and Winamp 5.55 build 2345 with nsvdec_x264.dll and ffdshow_rev2630_20090122_clsid.exe

The stream for testing:
http://92.48.107.19:8028;stream.nsv

It would be nice, if it will be included in the default installation of Winamp.

MainPC: ASUS M4N82 Deluxe; AMD Phenom 1090T BE; 2x 2GB EX2-4800P2-SX; Gigabyte GT650 Ti, Samsung HD103SJ, SyncMaster 204BM und 225BW
TestPC: Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro; AMD Athlon 64 Venice 3200+; 2x 1GB MDT DDR-400-CL2; Club3D HD4670 AGP; Samsung HD103SJ, SyncMaster 204BM oder NEC VT48
MrX_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast TV / Nullsoft Video