Winamp 5.572 Released (5.57 Revised, Build 2830)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Benski
    Ben Allison
    Former Winamp Developer
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Chrissyx
    No problem, it's attached to this post. Don't know if this is important, but the error occured again by generating the list.
    Do you have any media library plugins in your plugins folder (ml_*.dll). Your plugin list shows none, even though you have gen_ml, which is why I'm checking.

Also, can you tell me the timestamp on nde.dll (winamp folder) and in_cdda.dll (plugins folder). thanks!

Comment

• DJ Egg
      Spectral Techorator
      • Jun 2000

@Chrissyx

Hmm... interesting

No Media Library plugins.

What's the datestamp on your version of %ProgramFiles%\Winamp\NDE.DLL ?

I've a feeling you've still got the version from 5.56

nde.dll is currently only installed alongside Local Media (ml_local.dll) & History (ml_history.dll)

The only 4 plugins which call that function are:
      ml_local.dll, ml_history.dll, gen_orgler.dll & in_cdda.dll

Of those 4, the only one you've got is in_cdda.dll
      (which is the correct version from 5.57)

You could confirm the error message goes away if you temporaily move in_cdda.dll out of the Winamp\Plugins folder.

I'm going to fix the installer to also install nde.dll alongside in_cdda & gen_orgler.

In the meantime, you could also confirm that the error message goes away after replacing nde.dll with the version from 5.57 in my attachment (also make sure in_cdda.dll is back in the Winamp\Plugins folder first).

[Edit]

Wayhey. Benski also posted, just before me, lol :-)

[Edit2]

Hmm, nde.dll is already installed alongside in_cdda.dll
      So I'm really not sure what's going on there...

The plot thickens....

Do you also get the error when using the default English localization (as opposed to the German lang pack)?

Maybe Benski's on to something there...
      Maybe OneForNunz isn't picking up (an older version of) gen_orgler or some ml plugins,
      which would also explain why the error occurs when running the Nunz plugin to get the plugin list.

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• Chrissyx
        • Jul 2006

• No ml_*.dll files in Plugins folder
        • Timestamp of nde.dll and in_cdda.dll are the same, created and last changed 18th Dec 2009
        • Moving out in_cdda.dll from directory did not help
        • Using the nde.dll from DJ Egg did not help
        • Changing language did not help

BUT: Basing on your nde.dll usage feedback I discovered and moved out the gen_orgler.dll from Plugins folder and the error was gone! I guess this file is causing the error and was not listed by One For Nunz. If it helps, my gen_orgler.dll timestamp says created on 1st July 2009 and changed 17th Dec 2009.
        I like "silly devs"!

At the going down of the sun and in the morning ...
        we will remember Winamp ♥

Comment

• DJ Egg
          Spectral Techorator
          • Jun 2000

Yeah, I should've picked up on that sooner.

Your auth.w5s is only 18kb (Winamp\System folder)
          whereas the one included with 5.57 is 170kb
          (auth.w5s is installed alongside gen_orgler.dll).

I guess we should've added gen_orgler.dll and auth.w5s to the list of files to delete before installing anything
          (we do that for all ml plugins and a few other files, to make sure old versions aren't around if you uncheck the installer option).

Thanks for letting us know :-)

Comment

• MrSinatra
            Forum King
            • Dec 2004

will there be a new build to fix that?

and how do i check the build number when winamp is open?
            PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
            --
            BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
            Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
            Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• DJ Egg
              Spectral Techorator
              • Jun 2000

@MrSinatra

I'm not sure. Is it classed as a major showstopper?

Hmm, I don't think we show the build number anywhere for final builds.
              For beta builds, it's in the About Winamp dialog, at the bottom of the Winamp tab.
              Though it should say 17th Dec 2009 there, instead of 16th Dec.

Other than that, the build number is in the Version (WinXP) / Details (Win7) tab of File Properties for winamp.exe
              and the installer, and should also show in the mouseover tooltip (File version: 5.5.7.2792).

Comment

• jpatton624
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by jpatton624
                Hey I guess this is the 'known' problem of the hover over windows 7 thing, but I don't even have aero enabled, yet it cannot even give the current songs name when hovered over (important because i cant see the full song when it's minimized) it only gives the name of the first song I listened to when it started.. what?

[Image]

Version 5.56 shows the current name just fine.

Also, I have the program DFX, which no longer 'snaps' to the bottom of winamp. Minor issue, but strange.
                Still doing this even though it was fixed in the revised version

edit: nevermind, I downloaded the windows 7 integration plugin which looks nicer and makes it work

Comment

• psik0tik
                  • Sep 2007

Thanks!
                  ML is quite fast now.

Comment

• DrO
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DJ Egg
                    Maybe Benski's on to something there...
                    Maybe OneForNunz isn't picking up (an older version of) gen_orgler or some ml plugins,
                    which would also explain why the error occurs when running the Nunz plugin to get the plugin list.
                    if there's an issue loading the plugin then OneForNunz pretty much won't show it. maybe time to add a directory listing of the plugin's folder to it for cases like this.

-daz
                    WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• djpete
                      Major Dude
                      • Apr 2004

Quick

And yet again Winamp gets even faster.
                      Faster load up time and instant file loading when browsing through various views in Media Library.
                      Thanks again for the hard work and your great Xmas present for us!
                      :-)
                      Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
                      Winamp Enthusiasts Group

Comment

• Kn0tte
                        Major Dude
                        • Feb 2007

Re: Quick

Originally posted by djpete1959
                        And yet again Winamp gets even faster.
                        Faster load up time and instant file loading when browsing through various views in Media Library.
                        Thanks again for the hard work and your great Xmas present for us!
                        :-)
                        Oh yeah, I couldn't have said it better myself. v5.57 is awesome! Speed improvements and reduced start-up times are ALWAYS welcome. Very good! Keep on making Winamp faster, we all love it!

And..
                        VU meter (beat vis) -> awesome.
                        Spectrum analyzer -> awesome. Its better than in the beta for sure, but it could still be faster/more responsive if possible though (especially for [Big]Bento, ugh). Maybe it just that its so big in Big Bento that it looks weird for me, I dunno. But still it could be slightly faster for all skins if possible.

Once again, I love v5.57! Good work!

Now, can even more bugs be fixed as the time goes on? As you probably know I'm one of those who love bug fixes and big changelogs, heh :P Bug fixes, speed improvements etc should always come before new features you know..

Comment

• synthetiq
                          • Nov 2004

hey guys

i'm having some problems with this new version
                          i've unnistalled the previous 5,552 version , restart pc, and i've installed 5.57.

now everytime i start winamp it says xerces-c_2_5_0.dll not found, reinstall might fix this problem...

i've disabled some services and stuff during the setup, is there anything related ?

i'm using windowx xp
                          thankx

Comment

• Sawg
                            Forum King
                            • Jun 2000

xerces-c_2_5_0.dll is not a file used by Winamp, it belongs to a third-party plugin. (If I recall, a stream ripper). Remove all third-party plugins and reinstall.
                            | Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!

Comment

• synthetiq
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Sawg
                              xerces-c_2_5_0.dll is not a file used by Winamp, it belongs to a third-party plugin. (If I recall, a stream ripper). Remove all third-party plugins and reinstall.
                              many thanks
                              it was the leoslyrics plugin!

by the way why do we need the MS directX components to be downloaded in this new version ?

Comment

• niktheguru
                                • May 2003

Great build guys. Always appreciate the effort and progress.

Just a question for interest really, how many ppl are actually involved in the development of winamp client now? I know Benski is the ever present lead, but how many ppl are involved in the actual development (roughly) and what proportion are employees of AOL, and what are keen fanatics? Always wondered this since winamp had the change of hands when justin, brennan and the like left....

Keep up the good work guys, winamp still rocks!!
                                Nikhil

Comment

Working...
                                X