Old 21st March 2018, 18:13   #1
Random Hero

Winamp starts 2-3 minutes

Well, the issue itself is in the topic. It started randomly a while ago. It just takes 2-3 minutes of waiting until winamp starts. It just sits there in Task Manager and doesn't take many resources.

There was also this weird graphical glitch, in which no matter the skin, the classic EQ was always shown. After some reinstalls this has become better, now it sometimes displays half of a broken playlist...

I've tried every imaginable solution:
- clean uninstall about 10 times
- at least 4 different installer packages
- Installed AVG Cleanup to clean the registry after uninstalling

No hardware changes and the computer is top notch. Running windows 10. All other programs are running fine.

EQ

Also, I'm not a complete dumbuser, but there's a reason I don't work with computers. I installed Process Monitor and I might have found the reason. Apparently, Winamp REALLY loves my router. I have no idea what it is doing though.

Thank you in advance!
Random Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:27   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
After a clean install, try running in winamps safe mode as well. Disable all anti virus and windows defender crap. Disable any firewall stuff on the OS and router. There may be some ini switches u can deactivate in winamp as well.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2018, 18:48   #3
Random Hero

About 10 trial-and-error installs and uninstalls I might have found the cause. Maybe something in the Windows's structure isn't supporting some old protocol, but unchecking some support plugins did the trick. I am not quite certain, which one, but as I don't have an iPod or a Creative player, I couldn't care less.

If someone has a more elegant solution or can pinpoint the actual culprit, I'd gladly make a 99% install only excluding the faulty bit, but currently, I'm content with this result.

Random Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support