Old 7th October 2011, 20:46   #1
penoge

Suggestion for a player for the 21.century

High,
I want to tell you what sort of player I'm dreaming of and I think, it might be interesting for other users too. I dream of a player, which can play worldwide my own music on my Netbook/Notebook/Handy, if only my homecomputer is online. Technically it means that winamp on the HEARING Device must establish a WAN (wide area network) connection with Winamp on my PLAYING Homecomputer. The player on my Homecomputer should be controlled by that Netbook/Notebook/Handy, to tell him, which song or playlist it should play. Then the player on the Homecomputer should stream this song/playlist over the internet to my own device. informations and visualisations should be shown on my HEARING device, also the volumecontrol and equaliser should be on that device.
This must be legal, because I play my own Music only for me, not for others (of cause everybody physically near me can also listen to it). I declare herewith, that this idea is originated by me without any knowledge if or if not anybody else got a similar idea. I just want this as a FREE possibillity to here my music anywhere. Of cause you can make money with other features of that player, for example streaming videosthe same way. That's my idea and I realy want to know what other people think about that and if winamp will realize it or not.
Best wishes for all of you
Peter
penoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 15:28   #2
Globe199

You want remote access to your music, correct?
Globe199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011, 13:01   #3
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Errr... rather easy and can be done now with free products. Just get hold of something like LogMeIn Hamachi and setup a VPN for yourself. Leave your PC on at home with the music folder shared to the local network. And then when your laptop fires up away from home, connect via Hamachi, and then stream the music across the web.

It would be better to cache the files to the laptop. So you may also want to consider using the file sync of Win7 etc to cache local copies on the laptop using the "offline mode".
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011, 15:06   #4
ujay
Forum King

Suggestion for a player for the 21.century

That'll have to wait until I get the RS232 fitted in the back of my neck.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Tags
music, my own, streaming, worldwide