Old 9th August 2009, 23:35   #2321
fc*uk

Quote:
Originally posted by fc*uk
Korg KP3.
Oh I lasted so long.

I bought one tonight.

What really blows my mind about this whole thing is I walked into a DJ supply store in Detroit and asked for one. Dude tells me he is not sure if he has one, but will check. Comes back a new minutes later stating all he has is the Mini-KP. I tell him no dice, I really need the KP3. He says, "OK, I understand; I don't have it". I waited a bit ... as if I wanted to support a local small business as opposed to flinging money out to some monstrous internet company that stocks it ... waiting for the dip shit to say he will get one on order for me.

Ass-hat never said a bloody thing to me and then I proceeded to march my way out the door. Dude just lets me go.

I could have blown $400 dollars there in 30 seconds. Instead, I blew the same amount of cash at a place I could give two shits less about online.

What an idiot.
Old 10th August 2009, 02:16   #2322
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Perhaps an email to the boss is in order.

I'm glad you still got what you wanted though.

Don't forget to live before you die.
Old 14th August 2009, 10:20   #2323
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
MidnightViper88: RightStuf.com has the Suzuka DVD box set for $19: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/80859/4/0/0

Just use the "dragonball" promo code.

Old 14th August 2009, 11:26   #2324
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I got a new computer and Monitor at work.
The Monitor is 20" LG. 50, 000 to 1 ratio.(whatever the hell that means) and refreshes every 2mm(?) The Gateway is a 64 bit quad thingy and has Vista. We could not get XP and were told we get a free upgrade to 7 in Oct. I tried this Aero thing, and every thing is shiny and transparent!
Now I need to look for a good new Wallpaper. Of course it would help if I knew how to delete certain things in the start menu(yes, I looked online..some guy and some code stuff)and I just wannna' right click and delete.
Old 14th August 2009, 14:46   #2325
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4 Gogitta
MidnightViper88: RightStuf.com has the Suzuka DVD box set for $19: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/80859/4/0/0

Just use the "dragonball" promo code.
Ahh, I think you're about, 8 months late on that or else you would've had me sold...I stopped collecting the manga at volume 9, and vol. 7-9 or at least 8 and 9 are still in their wrapper...I've just lost interest in the series; Thought there was an exception to the genre but I was still wrong...

Well anyway...

Negima vol. 22

Jumper and Real Bout High School vol. 6

Diaper cloths and terry towels for the car

Shinedown - The Sound of Madness (They're going to be playing a free concert at the KY State Fair on the 22th)

4GB USB drive (On sale $9 at Target; Pop that shit)

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 14th August 2009, 15:06   #2326
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Ah well. I put in a bunch of pre-orders there this morning:

One Piece Season 2 parts 2, 3 and 4
Dragonball Season 1 and 2 uncut box sets (30 eps, like the DBZ sets)

Also ordered DBZ season 9 and GT season 2. Once those get in, all I need are the DB sets and the movies, and I'll have the whole Dragonball series on DVD. Gotta love 40% off sales.

I'll probably order a few more volumes of manga in the next month or 3.

Old 15th August 2009, 02:19   #2327
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
I also put a preorder reservation on this K-On! Mio Akiyama Alter PVC figure...I don't usually purchase these things at all, but I had an impulse this time and just had to have it...

I already have a spot cleared off for it on top of my Peavey Minx 110 bass amp...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 15th August 2009, 10:59   #2328
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Very nice model. I collect the Portrait of Pirate 1/8 scale PVC One Piece models. The latest ones I've gotten are Mihawk and Aokiji.

Old 16th August 2009, 15:27   #2329
alexisluc142

Well, I bought nice pair of shoes
Old 16th August 2009, 15:36   #2330
alexisluc142

Quote:
Originally posted by Elander
i bought some food ^^
ah.. great, probably the best thing anyone would have bought
Old 16th August 2009, 18:30   #2331
deathazre
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to deathazre Send a message via AIM to deathazre
carroll county tailgate fest today, bought:
HF SWR/power meter ($30) and pigtail ($4) -- turns out my CB antennas are electrically short
Sun SPARCstation 20 w/ 2 60MHz procs, 128MB RAM ($5)
Soltec S15-2 oscilloscope ($25)
Old 16th August 2009, 22:48   #2332
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by swingdjted
wood splitting maul

it sucked so I took it back and bought a new maul handle for the old head
This is the one I had that sucked. Despite having the exact weight head as the old one (8 pounds), it took twice as many swings to do the same amount of work as the other. It had a less acute angle than the old one, and weaker metal - the tip went dull within 2 hours, and the blade actually started to curl back by the end of the first day.

The old one (not pictured) is older than I am (but with a brand new handle now) and works well now that I have fixed it.

Old 24th August 2009, 11:38   #2333
rockouthippie
Banned

I usually use a sledge and a "wood grenade". If you don't have a wood grenade (google it), you should. It will split anything.

A maul is doing it the hard way. Never sharpen again.

http://www.target.com/Duo-Quadro-16-.../dp/B000MG5N9K

I bought a set of these last week, then I bought another one I was so impressed. You'd think it would be easy to find some decent dinnerware. I think this is the first set of plates I ever bought that I really liked. Nice big coffee cups and bowls. Look expensive.

One big plus. Microwave safe usually means stoneware won't explode from getting hot. This stuff doesn't get over hot.
Old 24th August 2009, 23:25   #2334
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

From your dinnerware link:
"Made in the USA or Imported"

Was there a third option?
Old 24th August 2009, 23:57   #2335
rockouthippie
Banned

Let's just say that where they came from you could have probably bought them for "two American dolla!"
Old 25th August 2009, 00:32   #2336
Paul_Bags
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildrose-Wally
From your dinnerware link:
"Made in the USA or Imported"

Was there a third option?
Buying them in whatever other country they were made in?
Old 25th August 2009, 02:54   #2337
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
I usually use a sledge and a "wood grenade". If you don't have a wood grenade (google it), you should. It will split anything.

A maul is doing it the hard way. Never sharpen again.
I use a 10# sledge hammer and basic wedges that mostly look like this (not really shaped like the nicer "grenades" you mention). They work well when you get a piece of oak that's insanely twisted and filled with knots. This way of doing it is easier as you say, but takes far longer. For me at least, nothing is as fast as the maul, not even an engine powered log splitter, which, while stronger, is limited to the speed of the hydraulics. On huge pieces that I could never split in half with the maul, I just hack away the sides first, then work my way in, and soon enough it's a pile of stuff that will fit well into the stove. It's not exactly the hardcore masculine approach of breaking in the center, but it takes less energy (preserves my endurance) that way and produces more single-swing breaks. The other thing to remember when using the sledge and wedges - eye protection - I clipped the corner of one of those things and had a sliver of metal cut my cheek, luckily missing my eye by a good 3 inches. For some reason, I never have had anything come at my face when splitting with a maul - just the wedges. The wedges are also a good tool to get partially fallen trees to finish falling after cutting, along with a spud bar. I also use plastic wedges to help keep a deep cut on a sprung-downward log from pinching and getting the saw stuck.

Quote:
http://www.target.com/Duo-Quadro-16-.../dp/B000MG5N9K

I bought a set of these last week, then I bought another one I was so impressed. You'd think it would be easy to find some decent dinnerware. I think this is the first set of plates I ever bought that I really liked. Nice big coffee cups and bowls. Look expensive.

One big plus. Microwave safe usually means stoneware won't explode from getting hot. This stuff doesn't get over hot.
I hate it when the plate is hotter than my food after nuking. I'm glad you found a solution, because my stuff burns my hand before the food is even cooked enough.

Old 25th August 2009, 04:21   #2338
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by swingdjted
I'm glad you found a solution, because my stuff burns my hand before the food is even cooked enough.
Same with the stuff I threw away when I bought this. It was pissing me off. I think this stuff still absorbs a few microwaves, but the food is hotter than the plate. A paper napkin to take it out, not a welding glove.

Another thing I bought a while ago was these glass coffee mugs. I cringed at having to buy a dozen, but I think drinks taste better out of glass and they don't absorb any nuke at all..no burnt lip I'm sure in a year, I'll have a set of *crash* 11 ... *crunch* 10.... It might take me a couple years to get down to 8.

http://www.target.com/Tempo-Square-C...88/ref=sr_1_3/
Old 25th August 2009, 04:44   #2339
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
A paper napkin to take it out, not a welding glove.

Old 26th August 2009, 16:36   #2340
Jedi Gemstone
Major Dudette

The last worth while thing me and my boyfriend brought, was an insane amount of Pocky

My Website
Deviantartness Yay
This signature was brought to you by the colour Red and the number 14
I'm A Purple Ghetto, So Follow Me To Sanity!! *Runs Off* I Have No Idea Where I'm Going......
Old 26th August 2009, 18:33   #2341
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Oh, Jedi Master, what's a Pocky?
Old 26th August 2009, 18:37   #2342
rockouthippie
Banned

Sorta like a Japanese twix bar. Yummy.
Old 26th August 2009, 19:08   #2343
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Except much thinner, and without caramel (or whatever the soft stuff in Twix really is).

A washing machine.

I'm sure you're all curious about the exact model and its technical details but there doesn't seem to be an English page for it so you'll have to try to decipher this.
Old 26th August 2009, 19:47   #2344
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

That Pocky thing sounds good!
A Washing Machine? Really? Cool!
Old 26th August 2009, 20:30   #2345
Paul_Bags
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by gaekwad2
Except much thinner, and without caramel (or whatever the soft stuff in Twix really is).

A washing machine.

I'm sure you're all curious about the exact model and its technical details but there doesn't seem to be an English page for it so you'll have to try to decipher this.
135min to do a load? Yeah, I don't like front loaders...
Old 26th August 2009, 20:57   #2346
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Widdykats
^ Oh, Jedi Master, what's a Pocky?
"Chocolate cream covered biscuit sticks", the snack food of Japanese and Wapanese alike...

Think of it like a chocolate-covered pretzel...

Well, anyway...

I traded in some of my old DVDs at BME for copies of Matrix and Matrix Reloaded

Also bought the Bleach Season 3 box set for $30; They had used copies, but they gave me a new one behind the counter instead

Rev Theory - Light It Up; Got me a copy when their CD guys were making rounds, during the Rev Theory/Shinedown concert on Saturday night (A free KY State Fair concert, at that too)

And a Microsoft notebook cooling base, which to my skeptical surprise, actually works...

Old 26th August 2009, 21:10   #2347
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ On the "Nom" note, I adore These ( The Chocolate Hazelnut)
They have no nutritional value whatsoever!
Old 26th August 2009, 21:31   #2348
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Places like FYE carry Pocky in their anime merchandise section, but I found out a couple months ago that Target also carries it, in whatever small section in Market that has Eastern Asian food...It's no more than $3 per box; A little bit pricey, but a nice little indulgence...

Old 26th August 2009, 21:45   #2349
fc*uk

Grocery stores carry them around me ....

But what I can't find anywhere, are English flapjacks ... and I don't mean a pancake either. The ones with the chocolate on top are best. I thought about making them myself, until I discovered you can't get golden syrup in north america either.

I may need to plan a trip over to London soon just so I can get some more
Old 26th August 2009, 21:48   #2350
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Thanks MV!I could kill a whole aisle of Pepperidge Farm Cookies. They're pricey, but worth it, too!
Old 27th August 2009, 00:04   #2351
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

A Krogers near me carries two Pocky flavors, the standard chocolate and strawberry. There are several flavors I'd like to try though...

Old 27th August 2009, 00:14   #2352
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul_Bags
135min to do a load?
That's the eco program, regular 60°C only takes 90 but then it uses (iirc) 52 liters of water instead of 45 (and the eco program is for whatever reason only available at 60°).
Also, thanks to 1600rpm the drier gets finished much faster (and uses a lot less electricity).

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul_Bags
Yeah, I don't like front loaders...
lol wut
(ok, if you don't have the space but otherwise...)

Yes, I can make even talking about washing machines a nerd thing.
Old 27th August 2009, 00:51   #2353
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Front loaders are the shiznit. I used to sell Bosch dishwashers at Sears and despite never offering discounts, they sold very well.

@ Widdy - Renee almost damaged the computer ~ I clicked on your P. Farm link and she lunged at the computer, wishing it were the real thing...

Old 27th August 2009, 01:29   #2354
rockouthippie
Banned

A whole pork loin, italian sausage, bread, milk, pine sol, lysol, lamb chops, a deli pizza, a large chrysanthemum, monster energy drink and socks
Old 6th September 2009, 05:43   #2355
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Bought Chevelle's "Sci-Fi Crimes" album earlier today; It's really musically dynamic...They're to hard rock what Tool is to metal...

"Me, Myself, & Irene" at Target, only $5

Also picked up a replica naginata on impulse at the Flea Market today...I wonder if at this point I should just pick up kenjutsu and naginatajutsu...

Old 6th September 2009, 06:44   #2356
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Renee's been wanting one of these (foot bath/massager) for a while, so I picked one up.

It heats the water, has a pump, and bubble jets too. From the trusted "Dr. Scholls" brand; very affordable at around $24.

Old 6th September 2009, 23:42   #2357
dlichterman
Forum King

My latest purchase:

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free.-*-If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0-*-Guess the band from pics game
Old 6th September 2009, 23:49   #2358
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

details please!

Old 6th September 2009, 23:56   #2359
dlichterman
Forum King

2008 Scion xB with 13,600 miles.

I LOVE this car. Ipod dock connector, aux in standard. ABS, Stability control, traction control standard. This thing is roomy as fuck. My uncle is like 6 feet tall and has a foot of headroom. Folding seats in the back. Anything else?

Edit: also, 6 airbags(2 front, front side, rear side)

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free.-*-If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0-*-Guess the band from pics game
Old 7th September 2009, 00:06   #2360
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I have heard from the few I know that have ridden in them that they are very accommodating and comfortable commuters. I have yet to ride in one myself. Having Toyota components and design usually translates to great reliability too. Congrats, and post more pics if you get a chance.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions