Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 11th September 2013, 04:06   #1
bwer1233

Changing what happens to files when you double click in Media Library pane

Ok, this isn't really an issue per-say. Winamp is doing exactly what it should be doing, I just don't want it to. Let me give as much info as I can:

My library has 58k files in it. When I double click a song in the media library it populates the entire library into the playlist editor window. As you can imagine with this many tracks this can be slow. I use the ML window to browse/search/play from; in essence the playlist editor function is useless to me.

In a perfect world, I'd like to have winamp ONLY use the ML window and never send to the editor window, for any reasons. If that isnt possible, can I at least stop it from loading everything into the editor; maybe have it ONLY load the current selection there? The reason I want it to play from the ML is because songs only randomize/advance if they are in the editor window. I can handle the few second delay if I want to have it advance as intended but while im scanning through songs the few second load time can be annoying.

Hopefully someone here can walk me though how these functions work together and maybe I can come up with some sort of compromise. I used Winamp in the past religiously but switched to foobar because it did do exactly what I wanted. Winamp's skinning and plugin system has drawn me back to it now and I have become Winamp illiterate in my time away haha.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

EDIT: I figured out how to have the ML only send individual songs to the editor, but I'd still like to know if there is a way to handle my other question.
bwer1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 17:02   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwer1233 View Post
In a perfect world, I'd like to have winamp ONLY use the ML window and never send to the editor window, for any reasons.
All files selected for playback are added to the Playlist Editor. You can also use the Queue Manager window that is provided by the Jump to File Extra plug-in and playback from it. In any case, there is no way to playback only from the ML window.

Good that you found the ML file selection options in General Preferences.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support