Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Old 14th September 2015, 00:48   #1
robbeach

ProStak II Skin->Blacked out->Media Library->Playlist Item when next item selected...

ProStack II Skin->Blacked out->Media Library->Playlist Item when next item selected....

In the PlayList on the right side of Media Library... you click on something to play.
Then if you scoll down, or click the next item... the item that is currently selected..
in the list.... gets blacked out.
The text color and the background color are black

Version 5.601 works fine on one computer ProStak II skin.
From 5.61 to the newest version 5.666... with the ProStak II Skin.. on my other computer..

I did bunch of work on the XML files... but I just can't figure out why I can't change or correct the problem.
I even unzipped the ProsStak II file... put it in my directories as ProSack 3... so I could find the problem... but nothing.

I can change the font colors... and other items in the XML files but still... the blacked out problem when I move down the playlist with the down arrow key on the keyboard.
I also tried changing a bunch of stuff in the Modern Skins XML directory. Wasbi XMLs etc etc...

There is also a similar issue that I can't change the grey color of the background when items are selected, in either the Media Library or the Playlist Editor.

The Playlist Editor does not have the blackout problem when items are scrolled down with the keyboard.

There must be some coincidence me not finding the files to change the grey, and the background black in general.
robbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 04:31   #2
robbeach

OK ! Well I'm finally on the way to figuring this out

I had to change the actually .png image... So it was black..
Now I'll change it to what ever I want.
The file is listbackground.png ....
This may not be the actual fix... just what works late this evening.
Old 14th September 2015, 12:03   #3
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Ok, moved thread to Winamp Modern section.
Glad you find the proper file, give a call if you get stucked again.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 12:26   #4
robbeach

Thanks for moving over to this Forum selection.
My apologies... wasn't sure if it was a bug, or styling issue.. and my inexperience editing files and posting here...

Thanks again for the forum and the continued support of Winamp.
I've been using a long long long time...
I use an FM transmitter (you know those type to get what's playing on your phone or computer to all the radios in the house...)
I also use the Android App that I can control Winamp from my phone or tablet if I am anywhere else not in the room to change the Playlists...

Anyway... here's my notes to get 5.666 to what I want..
Media Library White background.
Text Black.
Background of selected item redish...

READ ME NOTES:
Edit in
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Skins\ProStak 3\xml"
--- Cancel out by changing name of studio-colors1.xml This disables some ProStakII defaults.
----Edit color-presets.xml for variations of
<gammaset id="1) Dark Silver">
<gammagroup id="Background" value="0,0,0"/>

Also add more color "Themes" to ProStakII
Edit in
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Skins\ProStak 3\xml"
--- Change variations of color depth of color-presets.xml
You can also copy a default... rename it and different id, and make adjustments.

Edit in
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Skins\ProStak 3\standardframe"
----Changes colors of backgrounds in Media Library.. by actually changing the colors of the PNG files
listbackground.png for the background of Media Library now is white.
XX not really this....bg.png for the background of the Pop out box when Right Click on Winamp

Edit in Winamp -> Plugiins -> freeform -> xml->wasabi->-xml system-colors.xml
---- Changes color of text and selected background color in Media Library
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\freeform\xml\wasabi\xml"
<!-- Generic Lists -->
<color id="wasabi.list.text" value="0,0,0" gammagroup="Text"/> <!-- List item text color -->
<color id="wasabi.list.item.selected" value="255,0,0" gammagroup="Text Backgrounds"/> <!-- Selected item text background color -->
Old 14th September 2015, 12:35   #5
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Indeed, more like a bug, your issue sounded more like a mod-gone-wrong for me, so the thing was more about looking what was changed than needing to fix an actual software error.

About your issue, when I get home I could point a better solution for you, since what you modified applies to all skins I think (not sure, should test it). But you can have an XML poiting to those params to change it only on the troubling skin, without actually modifying Winamp original files (specially the ones that are cross-skins, like the one you mention on "Plugins / freeform / xml / wasabi..".
But before doing that I would like to test it, since theory and practice not always are the same..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 14th September 2015, 12:44   #6
robbeach

I appreciate your comments.
Please refer back to the post above... I made a few tweaks to the info to hopefully clarify from my inexperience.

Don't go crazy on this for my benefit... But I certainly appreciate your support.

I've tried a lot of other Skins... and I just can't get to like any of them like I do ProStakII.
I wish I could have adopted another Skin... would have saved me a lot of headaches.
But I do enjoy learning new things.

Thanks again.
Best Wishes.
Rob.
Old 15th September 2015, 05:02   #7
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Well, no, I tried what I thought could worked but it didn't. So you're better off with your current solution, mine is too long and will arrive at the same point. Better save a bullet for the next time =)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 18th October 2017, 19:05   #8
ariszlo

I know this is an old thread but the skin is just being discussed at Facebook.

Adding this line to studio-colors.xml will fix the issue:

PHP Code:
  <color id="wasabi.list.text.current" value="255,0,0"/> <!-- copied from pledit.text.current --> 
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins