Old 6th May 2006, 13:52   #161
Starfighter

BUG: I have a problem with AL version 2.06b in that whenever I double click an album consisting of OGG songs, Winamp crashes. It only seems to happen with OGG files, as MP3/M4A/WMA albums work perfectly.
Starfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2006, 13:54   #162
Safai

Send a message via ICQ to Safai
^
can you send me a 'problematic' ogg file? i don't have any...

mynameisnobody: currently, all you can do is go inside gen_m3a.ini and change the profile number...
Safai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2006, 14:03   #163
Starfighter

Quote:
Originally posted by Safai
can you send me a 'problematic' ogg file? i don't have any...
Sent you an email
Old 6th May 2006, 16:33   #164
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
I wish i could code c++ better! then i could support you with work

i'll check the beta soon!

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
martin.deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2006, 19:29   #165
mxn

Multi CD with unique disc names

When you have albums consisting of more than one disc and the discs have individual names, they show up as "Artist - Misc" in the list.
For example, the following double album have two discs, each one having a separate name. This is the folder structure I'm using:

ArtistName\2006. AlbumName\Disc 1 - NameOfDiscOne\
ArtistName\2006. AlbumName\Disc 2 - NameOfDiscTwo\

In the tags for the discs I have written "AlbumName [NameOfDiscOne]" and "AlbumName [NameOfDiscTwo]" in the album fields. I'm also using the "Part of Set" tag.

If you have more than one double album like this by one artist it's hard to tell them apart. Maybe it would be better to use the name from the first disc? Or maybe extract it from the name of the folder containing the two "Disc 1" and "Disc 2" folders?

I realise that this probably isn't a problem for most people, but I have at least 15 double albums affected by this.
mxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2006, 13:51   #166
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
hey! new bug and nth list:

BUGLIST:
========
* uncheck show status: << and >> are still shown!
* winamp needs a great amount of time to close (>10sec. with AL2.06 installed!)

NICE TO HAVE LIST:
==================
* playing album - cover border: use defined winamp 'list selected color'
=> make a checkbox to enable this
* add "rename" to rClickmenu of ml_items
* add confirm box for profile delete
* clicking on new profile will popop a editbox to enter the name of the new item
* perhaps add ption to move the ml_profile_items up and down

Old 15th May 2006, 21:27   #167
Starfighter

Quote:
Originally posted by martin.deimos
* winamp needs a great amount of time to close (>10sec. with AL2.06 installed!)
I'm having this problem too, with AL2.06 build 277, although for me it's closer to 1 minute needed to close!
Old 16th May 2006, 01:40   #168
Safai

anything unique about your setup? it took (at most) 3 seconds on my system to close... (i have 3 profiles, 158 albums, 9 ablums, and 1 album)

when you look at the task manager, is winamp going 100%?
Old 16th May 2006, 09:38   #169
Starfighter

Hmm!

It appears something was causing a problem in my setup, as I've done a clean install of AL, and it closes almost instantly now.

For reference:
I have, 1 (default) profile, with ~800 albums. My computer is an Athlon XP2400, with 768Mb memory.

Thanks
Old 16th May 2006, 10:05   #170
Starfighter

Quote:
Originally posted by Starfighter
It appears something was causing a problem in my setup, as I've done a clean install of AL, and it closes almost instantly now.
Spoke too soon .. It's the "Cache covers" option that causes the slowdown. If I enable it it takes a good while to close, wheras with it disabled, closing is instant.
Old 16th May 2006, 10:15   #171
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

ok thanks! will disable this now!

Old 16th May 2006, 14:38   #172
Safai

yeah, with that many albums, i can see it slows down when it tries to write the cache... what the cache does is a memory dump of all the images it uses to a file... maybe i shouldn't depend on the MS call ImageList_Write and write my own?!

I can probably drop the color depth of the covers to 16bpp (currently they are 24bpp, 8bpp looks horrible) but don't know if that will actually speed up the writing though... ~1/3 less memory usage...

The other thing i can add is to not write the cache if nothing is changed, but then, if something is changed, it will still take as long...

good thing this option is off by default...
Old 16th May 2006, 14:54   #173
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

hm, add a option "cache covers now" and then always load from this list until you press again chache covers now

Old 16th May 2006, 15:22   #174
Starfighter

Quote:
The other thing i can add is to not write the cache if nothing is changed, but then, if something is changed, it will still take as long...
What about only writing out the cache when we have finished scanning the directories? This could then be done as a low priority thread, which hopefully won't affect performance, and also avoid the slowdown in closing winamp.

Another suggestion (as well as only using 16bpp) is applying some sort of compression to the cache file. From the size of the output file (Gen_m3a.ilc ?) it looks like it's the raw image data.

I'm not sure where the tradeoff between disk-writing-time and cpu-time lies though.
Old 17th May 2006, 12:17   #175
glop

safai i never ask you

(and my apologize if already posted i don't find)
Why don't you make one option like 'find the cover on the net'...who search for example in google image / MSN image / yahoo image "artist - album"
and open the good folder "explore"

After that free to the user to recuperate the cover they like ....
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 12:37   #176
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

NEW BUGLIST:
============
* select a non profile entry in the ml and then rclick on a profile entry and select preferences... -> nothing happens
* no hyphon ( - ) after new line in coverview between album and artist (see picture)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bug.jpg (26.2 KB, 651 views)

Old 17th May 2006, 13:44   #177
Starfighter

Quote:
Originally posted by glop
Why don't you make one option like 'find the cover on the net'...who search for example in google image / MSN image / yahoo image "artist - album"
and open the good folder "explore"
Whilst that would be nice, I'm not sure how easy (or reliable) it would be for Safai to implement.

My recommendation is to download "Album Cover Art Downloader", and use that to (semi) automatically download the album covers. This downloads the images from Amazon/Yahoo/Wal-Mart, and is quite reliable. You can get it from : http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/projects/albumart/
Old 17th May 2006, 13:51   #178
glop

Quote:
Whilst that would be nice, I'm not sure how easy (or reliable) it would be for Safai to implement.

mmm we do that for Lyrix
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=96235
We looked on Google to find lyrix...from the name of the song and the article

and if ever you don't look to the name of the mp3, you can find the information to the path of the mp3

Look when you have not the cover..it's display the artist and the album. so the data can be use

the goal is not to use another program to look for the cover

Safai can you say us something about this kind functionnality ?
Old 17th May 2006, 23:18   #179
Safai

martin.deimos:
2. that's correct, there is no hyphen at all. don't know why they are displayed like that though...

glop:
looks like you have some experience doing that... interested in adding that feature yourself? AL's source code is available on sf...
Old 17th May 2006, 23:42   #180
glop

mmmm...to be honest..we work together but FAbien code. and fabien is no more here.....so ...little shame on me ...it's was just one idea..do you know to do it ?

whishlist
>option "don't show if no cover have been finded"

Last edited by glop; 18th May 2006 at 01:53.
Old 30th May 2006, 11:11   #181
dBlade

Hey guys, just registered so I could post a few comments about Album List. It's one of the best plug-ins by far, but I have a few problems and wishes for it

My main problem is selecting between different album lists. If I am playing albums from 1 list, then the automatic skipping to the next one in the list works perfectly. But if you manually select album skip usig a global hot key, then it sometimes selects albums from a list you were previously playing from! How does it decide which list is the current one being used and is it possible to have a hot key to swap between these lists?

Is it possible to have a toggle for the "random album" option for automatically advancing to another album when current album finishes? I usually use the random album option, but sometimes when you have multiple cd albums then it is handy to be able to easily turn off random to automatically progress through the cd's

I'm so happy you managed to cache the lists as I kept on turning off my pc forgetting about winamp and losing my list But I've had the same problem as others with caching the covers, maybe it should cache the cover only directly after a scan or as mentioned above have an option cache cover now. That would be awesome.

Cheers everyone, Paddy
dBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2006, 22:33   #182
dBlade

Just realised that when playing albums encoded with Monkey's Audio the album length is completly wrong! One typical album is 345688:44:43 long, slighlty longer than I thought it should be with an overall average album length of -41818:-4

As a wish could it be possible to have the option of expanding each album seperatly to see the tracks inside it, great for creating special playlists. And maybe in the future a search option. Then people can get rid of that evil Media Library once and for all

Paddy

Edit: martin.deimos - How do you get it to display both album title and artist name in the cover view. I can only get Artist Name using the View>Show Labels option (awesome selection of albums btw )

Last edited by dBlade; 30th May 2006 at 23:18.
Old 31st May 2006, 14:08   #183
Safai

^
i got some albums with the wrong length too... well... winamp reported the wrong length as well... donno what the problem is with these files...
Old 1st June 2006, 13:12   #184
wieesiee

Hi Safai
Your plugin is really great
I just checked the latest beta and was confused not to see tooltips in coverview any more. AFAIK 2.05 still showed them, but I'm not quite sure.
The label below the cover is the first column of the 'Details'-view, not always the 'Name' column. Is this a bug or a feature ? I indeed like it that way, but some ppl could be irritated.
The "Draw title over cover" function is not yet funcional, right ? I'm looking forward to see how this looks - but i'm afraid redrawing cover pix will take even longer then, especially 'shadowed'...

bye
wieesiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2006, 13:35   #185
dBlade

Excellent, thanks for letting me know about the cover details option, will have a play now.

The draw title on cover is functional, but as far as I can see only works for albums without covers, where it draws the default Llama pic.
Old 1st June 2006, 14:22   #186
Safai

tooltip (infotip to be exact) is broken in b277, it's already fixed though... if you can't live without it, try the earlier beta b265...

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/a...stv206b265.exe

the draw title thing only applies when it is using the default cover, ie, it can't find the cover for the album.

if you don't like the llama pic, there are 2 alternate ones submitted by users... (...\winamp\plugins\album list\templates)
Old 9th June 2006, 22:38   #187
byblo

Yes, the cache should be writed directly when refreshing the album list, not when closing winamp. (with 450 albums it take more than one minute I guess remember, and cpu at 100%)

Also, a little request (not a big deal but...), my albums using the nomenclature : artist (year) - title of the album, and almost all the time, I'm using the m3u to refer it instead the folder's name.

Could you make possible to use also the *.m3u name to get the : "artist (year) - album" infos ?
byblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 08:18   #188
Ikarus7

Quote:
Originally posted by byblo
Yes, the cache should be writed directly when refreshing the album list, not when closing winamp. (with 450 albums it take more than one minute I guess remember, and cpu at 100%)
most imortant request for me, too.
best winamp plugin, safai.. keep it up.
Ikarus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 02:27   #189
Safai

this should be it for v2.06... most of the bugs should be fixed now... not much had changed to the cover cache from the previous version... so turn it off if you have a big collection...

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/a...stv206b282.exe

currently working on unicode support for the next version...
Old 26th August 2006, 14:22   #190
byblo

Good luck with unicode.

A question, I found in the extra options : "Show album cover when playing an album"

What this option is for ? I didn't find any change enabling/disabling it.

edit:nevermind, I find it

Last edited by byblo; 26th August 2006 at 14:48.
Old 28th August 2006, 13:48   #191
byblo

Noticed a little bug when using multiple profiles :

An example :

Under profile [a](called a and b just for the example) I use the functions "Play next Album" or "Play previous Album" or "Play random Album" (using hotkeys)
The functions working well, and albums changing correctly.

After it, I swap to profile [b] and start playing an album from [b], but when I use hotkeys, it still working into profile [a] and play album from [a], even if I'm into [b].

And when I return to the profile [a], now using hotkeys changing albums from profile [b]

edit:if i'm using multiple profiles its mainly to minimise the delay when closing winamp using cover cache.
Old 29th August 2006, 01:54   #192
Safai

how do you 'swap' to profile [b]? by double-clicking on an album in profile [b]? it is working for me here...

also, do you have this integrated with ML?
Old 29th August 2006, 13:00   #193
byblo

I change to another profile by clicking on the list into the ml tree on the left, and double-click on a album.
Yes, its integrated into the ml.

Also, I tried without integration into the ml, changing profiles (swaping windows) working perfectly. So, the problem seem only for the integrated configuration.

Another thing : If I stop windows without closing winamp before, the next time that I run winamp, the albums list view setting lost its "cover" view and show only the "details". (It affect all profiles when using ml integration. And only the last profile without using it.)
Old 29th August 2006, 13:57   #194
Safai

the 'losts its cover view setting' bug is fixed recently... well yesterday... i'll look into the hotkey bug... in the meantime, try this beta build...

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/a...stv206b287.exe
Old 29th August 2006, 17:22   #195
byblo

Thanks! (the lost covers bug is fixed with the 206b287 version)
Old 2nd September 2006, 01:35   #196
Safai

byblo: here it is... hotkey bug fixed...

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/a...stv206b288.exe
Old 2nd September 2006, 02:09   #197
byblo

Quote:
byblo: here it is... hotkey bug fixed...

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/a...stv206b288.exe
Perfect work. Thank you very much ! (you look tired... )
Old 13th September 2006, 02:44   #198
mrinferno

Quote:
Originally posted by byblo
Perfect work. Thank you very much ! (you look tired... )
long time user of Album List, thanks for such an amazing program. just tried the v2.6 b288. i'll second the hotkey fix using ML, i've been having that problem for quite some time and decided to switch back to seperate profile windows to avoid it.

also, i'll throw in another vote for a manual update Cover Cover option. i like the cache cover ability, but it just isn't doable with 4 profiles of 896, 488, 190, & 221 albums.

i had a couple ideas/feature requests, but i'll save those for another day.

again, awesome work, thanks! i seriously can't imagine using winamp without Album List.
mrinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2006, 16:22   #199
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Safai, finally Winamp 5.3 is released and I can report a nasty crash, which I have with several WA 5.25/5.30 builds.

When I want to view the preferences, Winamp crashes. 5.24 works just fine.

Already tried clean install, but it won't fix it.

AlbumlList seems to work with 5.3, but viewing the preferences not.

I'll can send you the error log via mail, if you want.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 00:36   #200
Safai

^ try this

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/a...stv206b289.exe
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
add, albumlist, create, plugin