Old 20th June 2011, 19:56   #1
peacepilgrim

Playlist Folders????

I'm a relative newbie to Winamp, though long time user of itunes. Everyone kept saying Winamp was the better of the two softwares. I am therefore very surprised that there does not seem to be a way to organize Playlists?

I have many Playlists to import from itunes, but in itunes I was able to categorize my Playlists into Folders. In Winamp I've just got a long, long list of playlists, many of which are completely unrelated and would be better if could be grouped together.

does anyone know if there's a way to work around this issue and create better organization of Playlists.

Also, does anyone know of a good software or plugin to ie search through music files and find duplicates? I had found a software that looked great for this, http://www.tuneupmedia.com/ but it was geared toward itunes. Now I'm trying to do it all in Winamp.

Any suggestions
peacepilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 11:37   #2
DrO

there's no native way to group playlists together (has been requested a few times and might already be on the wishlist - which doesn't guarantee it'd ever be considered to be done natively) and i don't believe anyone has made a 3rd party plug-in to do it either.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 15:08   #3
peacepilgrim

Does anyone else agree on Need For Playlist Folders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
there's no native way to group playlists together (has been requested a few times and might already be on the wishlist - which doesn't guarantee it'd ever be considered to be done natively) and i don't believe anyone has made a 3rd party plug-in to do it either.

-daz
Any of you Plugin Programmers, seems this would be a great project! iTunes offers Playlist Folders, where you can group your playlists for further organization, as the list number of Playlists can become quite long.
peacepilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 17:58   #4
DrO

sure, if i had the time which i don't (and no one else seems to be interested in taking on such a project for little / no reward as is the case with Winamp plug-in development nowadays) - i had considered doing such a plug-in but the complexity of something to override the existing plug-in which does it just doesn't make it worth while and something that would be better off done natively (which hasn't been done / considered to my knowledge).

additionally (to answer the post you put in the dev forum which is a duplicate of this post), the rest of the dev team are working on other things - if there was the time then maybe this would be considered but considering the age of the feature and the lack of anything, i wouldn't keep your hopes up about it being done anytime soon.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 12:55   #5
guido9

Playlist Folders

This is a brilliant idea, I have dozens of playlists and can't possibly manage these without folders to organize them in.

Is there still no solution in the make, or perhaps a plugin?

btw. i was once a winamp 2 user, switched to itunes because i did get an ipod. it's better in organizing, but has some great disadvantages (slooow) so i finally switched back now.
guido9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 17:56   #6
Eneroscu

I like this Idea !
Eneroscu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2013, 02:24   #7
ionamartin123

if able to organize the favorites, this will only add my love more to winamp. Hope, someone will able to do it. By the way, I'm new to the board and loving to see people of my kind here
ionamartin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 10:14   #8
zackbuffo

I've never really worked with iTunes, but sometimes come accross it at machines of my friends. For me the main difference and advantage is the Media Library concept of WA.

I don't know how complex the composition of each of your playlist is, but if you have lots of compilations like "all of one album", "all of one artist" or "all of one genre" or maybe even "all of one tag in comments", a simple search in Media Library can raplace a playlist for it. Btw you don't need to update library AND corresponding playlist anymore, when adding new files. From my perspective it makes things much easier.

It's just a thought about this playlist topic. Actually I'm not such a playlist-pro, because I usually have all my files in the main playlist.

Ich suche jemand in Deutschland, der seinen TAMA Starclassic Maple Kesselsatz tauschen möchte BD:22, TT:14, 12, 10. Ich bin mit dem Set sehr zufrieden, habe mich aber an meiner Lackierung "Tequila Sunrise" sattgesehen. Das Set ist von 2002, gepflegt und wurde ausschließlich in Cases transportiert. Bei Interesse bitte PM an mich. Immernoch aktuell in 2018!!!
zackbuffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
clean duplicate, folder, playlist, playlist folder