Old 18th August 2011, 21:43   #1
Telinome

iPod doesn't recognize Disc Number order

I know I am not the first person to have this problem, but when I load up my iPod using Winamp, the disc number order for any album does not transfer. Instead of putting all of the tracks from disc 1 first, followed by the tracks from disc two, it orders them strictly by track number-- both track 1s followed by both track 2s. I don't remember having this problem in the past, so is there some setting I am missing now that is stripping Winamp of this vital functionality?
Telinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 02:05   #2
zaknafindel

Me too!

I've just started using Winamp to manage my ipod too, but to my surprise it does not consider disc number when ordering on my portable device. The information is present in Winamp though, so there must be a way to get this meta data over, but I've not seen the option. Winamp devs, a little help!? :-)
zaknafindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 16:41   #3
GomezAddams

I also have this issue. It makes it hard to play an album at a time. How do we go about getting this fixed?
GomezAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 12:41   #4
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

I don't have an iPod, but here are some tricks to try.

Change the TRACK numbers on your MP3 files on disk one to 101, 102, 103, 104, etc and on disk two use 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, etc If you don't have many double albums this would be a quick fix.

I stash the track numbers as part of the actual MP3 file names. When albums have more than one disk, I'll also make sure the disk number is part of the file names. This then makes sure any dumb alphabetical sorting will work.

The Winamp to Apple product support is a bit patchy as Apple don't want you to use any player except for iTunes so there is no SDK. The newer iPods won't work at all with Winamp due to blocks added by Apple.
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
disc number, ipod