Old 4th July 2012, 00:39   #1
zresh

So Many Ads Now :(

I remember when I could just click a shoutcast stream in the media library and it would just play. Now you have to click it, listen to a few seconds of some bullshit, close that, and click again. Then you get a pop up. What's up winamp?
zresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 01:29   #2
DrO

from what i understand, you should only get an 'ad' when attempting to play a stream every few stream attempts (unless that just relates to the main site) and is currently only something US users are subject to (why i don't know but that's how it currently is).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 23:47   #3
voodoohippie

Send a message via Yahoo to voodoohippie
More and more stations like mine is starting to insert ads and or switching to RadioLoyalty. Why? because licensing fee's are rising higher and higher. The more listeners you have, the more that Sound Exchange, BMI, ASCAP, SESAC, RIAA want as far as money. To offset these high fee's stations are turning to advertising. I play an ad at 15 mins after the hour, and 45 minutes after the hour. My station tries to switch people (And I'm sure more will do it too) to RadioLoyalty. The days of ad free Internet Radio are numbered unless the RIAA is put out of business first.

Great Broadcasting Software Windows XP/7/8
http://nextkast.com

For Progressive Rock, Classic Rock http://thelegacy.shorturl.com
voodoohippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Tags
ads, ads suck, winamp ads