Old 25th July 2012, 00:41   #1
Lalala888

Can't return to default user interface

accidentally clicking on the huge Library pane on the left of the default GUI, the whole GUI becomes an add on page and every help source I have available cannot return to the origional view without a reinstall. This is rediculouly simple, how can no-one figure this out.
please HELP!
How can I return to the default inerface.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winamp unwanted view.png
Views:	409
Size:	267.4 KB
ID:	49811   Click image for larger version

Name:	winamp desired view.png
Views:	421
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	49812  
Lalala888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 00:58   #2
DrO

what exactly did you click on to get that? the main issue however is that the library tree is apparently empty which seems to contradict you being able to see different library views, so one thing is to try dragging the sizer bar (to the right of the 'library' button) and see if that does anything to make the items reappear. otherwise you really need to provide a plug-ins list (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins) to at least give us an idea of what is / isn't in your install as well as some OS details (which the report provides).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 01:25   #3
Lalala888

The only thing clicked on was the library tab. I added one album into the winamp library via the initial pop-up request. I have done nothing other than that. It's simply a navigation issue...I can't figure out how to navigate back to see the origional default view once the library pane has been clicked.
The default view shows what was played, how many times it was played, ect. like a playlist.
Explanding the library (by dragging) doesn't bring any info into it, re-adding media doesn't bring anything into this pane. I want the info displayed in the center bottom of the default screen. I just want to be able to navigate back to the view that pops up when initaially installed, before my 1 click away into this mess.
I have no plug-ins. This is one click from the install of winamp, I promise. one click.
I have installed your plug-in to produce the report and hopefully attaching as .txt is what you want.
Thank you for trying to help <3
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (23.5 KB, 361 views)
Old 25th July 2012, 01:36   #4
DrO

from looking through the plug-ins list, there appear to be some duplicate copies of the plug-ins (which almost seems like having tried to manually move things and it ended up copying them - that isn't normal with an type of install made). with 2 of them being library plug-ins, it is possible that they are causing the library tree to get cleared.

so with Winamp closed, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins in Explorer (or your file manager of choice) and delete the following files (and only these files):

in_avi (2).dll
in_mkv (2).dll
gen_orgler (2).dll
ml_addons (2).dll
ml_downloads (2).dll

and in C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\System delete the following files (and only these files):
adpcm (2).w5s
albumart (2).w5s
auth (2).w5s
devices (2).w5s
h264 (2).w5s
mp4v (2).w5s
ombrowser (2).w5s
pcm (2).w5s
vp6 (2).w5s
vp8 (2).w5s

and in C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp delete the following files (and only these files):
nsutil (2).dll

-daz
Old 25th July 2012, 01:50   #5
Lalala888

okay, I did that, closed the program, and restarted. nothing has changed.
:-(
any other ideas?
Old 25th July 2012, 01:57   #6
DrO

other than trying a clean re-install (as per http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....=1212729#clean), it could be something external messing with Winamp (has been known to happen) as there's nothing i can otherwise think off which would have the ability to remove _everything_ from the media library tree.

you don't by chance have desktop scaling or setting the text size over 125% or any compatibility options set on winamp.exe? (if none of that makes sense then it's likely that isn't the case).

-daz
Old 25th July 2012, 02:18   #7
Lalala888

nope, nothing like that.
When it happened the 1st time, I asked for someone from our server host to remote in and they couldn't figure it out,...they reinstalled it.
That can't be the permanent solution because it will keep happening. I'll try to see if that can get us through tomorrow, but this is so weird. I feel like it's simply a user interface navigation away from where I want to be. Thanks anyway. If I can't get it working...I'll be back, I've got no other choice.
-Laura
Old 25th July 2012, 10:04   #8
DrO

this is a Winamp install on a remote host??

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
default, gui, interface, library, view