Old 28th May 2014, 10:12   #1
MDMB

Winamp Pro?

Hello
I am using the free download Winamp, its great, and handles my rather large music library admirably.

Now I'd like the Pro version, so that I can rip cd's properly (FLAC).

Is this not possible right now? I'm a bit dim about techno stuff, so a reply in standard simple English (no techno terms) would be appreciated!

Thankyou....
MDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 10:26   #2
DrO

you should be able to rip files to FLAC in the free version as long as you've installed the FLAC encoder (included in Winamp - no need to install any old 3rd party plug-ins) and that you've selected it in the Transcoder options.

also the Pro version is not available as a result of the sale of Winamp and SHOUTcast in January 2014, so even if you wanted to buy a Pro version, you would not be able to do so.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 11:09   #3
MDMB

Thank you for your speedy help!
MDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 23:16   #4
AusPanda

DrO, I've just checked, and I am running 5.65 Pro on my main PC - if I install the 5.666 version, would I lose the ability to rip to MP3 ? In other words, with the 5.666 version it is still possible to enable Pro for mp3 ripping ?
AusPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 23:20   #5
DrO

all of the pro functionality still exists in v5.66x. the only difference is there isn't a specific pro installer with the v5.66x release (which the only difference was a prompt for the pro key if not already found).

so just installing the v5.666 build 3516 installer (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....74929#download) and plug-in update (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....373755#updates) should work without issue for you. and you can enter / change the pro details via the pro preferences page anyway (which was always something that can be done).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 23:27   #6
AusPanda

Brilliant. Thanks for all you do, to DrO and the rest of the team.
AusPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
pro