Old 3rd April 2014, 01:17   #41
deathadder7

Got tons of websites. SnipMP3, video2mp3, and youtube to mp3 converter.
Old 31st July 2014, 06:49   #42
Rulling

I'm using this lightweight and nice application for YouTube and it has worked great for me
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...MassTube.shtml
Old 3rd August 2014, 08:56   #43
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

... waiting for 3.5 years now

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Old 14th April 2015, 19:50   #44
Ryan Branson

I would suggest you to use http://www.online**************.com, its a reliable and available on web free to convert any kind of video in any format.
Old 18th April 2015, 20:16   #45
Ryan Branson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrrr View Post
hi, i am trying to use takeyoutube.com to download some videos from youtube. i get the video transferred over to takeyoutube.com, but i want to download it from their to my computer so i can burn it to a disc later. anyone that has some info on doing this, please let me know. any help or info is greatly appreciated. thanks stoogedog
I would suggest you to use http://www.online**************.com, it will help you out to convert the YouTube video easily to your computer.
Old 24th June 2015, 08:24   #46
Robbyn Midgette

I use IDM or Internet Download Manager. Depending on the video, it sometimes allows me to choose which format or quality I'd like.
Old 24th June 2015, 19:31   #47
Aminifu
Forum King

I recommend Ummy Video Downloader (http://videodownloader.ummy.net/?).

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Old 25th June 2015, 05:45   #48
Dr.Flay

Send a message via ICQ to Dr.Flay Send a message via AIM to Dr.Flay Send a message via MSN to Dr.Flay Send a message via Yahoo to Dr.Flay Send a message via Skype™ to Dr.Flay
I guess the OP ever thought that joining a site to post only 1 unrelated question was taking the pizzle ?

Anyway if you just use a decent Youtube manager you should just see a download option on every vid. No external services needed.
I use "ExtendTube" in Opera, "YouTube Enhancer Plus" in Firefox and SaveFrom in both.
http://an-dz.weebly.com/extendtube.html
http://www.tubeenhancer.com

That way I don't have to visit infested sites like videodownloader.ummy
https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results...oader.ummy.net
http://quttera.com/detailed_report/v...oader.ummy.net

BTW. I suggest an AntiVirus upgrade and sweep.
Avira browser extension can see the badness in the jscript.

Mashups ? Smells like a lot of "Fishy Business" to me.
Visit my label at www.last.fm/label/Fishy+Business for musical education.
Old 25th June 2015, 15:23   #49
Aminifu
Forum King

I've never gotten any malware from using the web based Ummy installer. The only PUP I've ever gotten along with Ummy is OpenCandy. Several developers use OpenCandy to enhance their income. AOL included it in the Winamp installer for years. There is no need to install the stuff that OpenCandy suggests.

OpenCandy is easy to remove manually (by experienced users) or with an app like Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (for those with less experience). Ummy itself is 'clean' and just because some of the scripts it uses can be used maliciously doesn't mean Ummy is using them that way. Some Winamp utilities are often flagged (false positives) for the same reason.

Ummy can let you download the best available resolution of the videos, convert the video format, and extract the soundtrack as a separate music file (if you have a need for these extra features). Try it and you will probably like it.

However, for those who rather not take the chance or take the time to remove OpenCandy, there are several other 'safer' ways to download YouTube videos (as the suggestions in this thread indicate).

I agree that everyone should use the best anti-virus & anti-malware apps that they can afford. Real-time protection and/or regular manual scans is the only prudent way to use computers these days. I use ESET products and other free and commercial apps. Layered security in-depth is an approach that I highly recommend.

Old 26th June 2015, 09:37   #50
Dr.Flay

Send a message via ICQ to Dr.Flay Send a message via AIM to Dr.Flay Send a message via MSN to Dr.Flay Send a message via Yahoo to Dr.Flay Send a message via Skype™ to Dr.Flay
True enough but the Opencandy installer and code is not the problem.
It is the way that it offers random un-checked extras, which they have no control over the design of
This allows many authors to hide or obfuscate the option to not install.
I had to stop using the installer version of Imgburn because Opencandy would keep presenting options I could not opt out of.
After a few attempts I would get all offers with a way to exclude, and finally install.
(My tip: get to 1 you don't trust. Quit and try again)

The browser plugins I use can also download all the sizes of MP4 and WebM available and all the separate OGG and AAC audio tracks, plus way more useful overrides and enhancements.
The funky extras would be things like the ability to skin youtube and use the alternative EU servers.

Top choice with ESET, and why Opencandy randomware is not a problem for you

Old 26th June 2015, 13:34   #51
DrO

OpenCandy was a good idea at the start (when it was able to curate decent recommendations) and tbh it probably helped to keep Winamp afloat for a while. but after a point it became dubious imho (just pushing shit stuff, not helped by internal factors on what was "good" vs "we just need money") and the need to push it more to maintain revenues was detrimental to the impact on perception of the software that was using it.

as it was Winamp that was blamed for things and it was Winamp that lost out in the process of things - as it'd also be removed along with choice words from those sending feedback about it. yes having it all setup as opt-out was intentional in-order to ensure as many valid installs (which meant $$$ still coming in), but there were friendlier ways to do it without screwing over the users who didn't want it (but then why would anyone care about them as they're not helping to bring any money in to pay the bills and all that).

it would have been amusing if OpenCandy had bought Winamp and the shit they'd have probably done to it. plus it's not hard to disable the OpenCandy aspect as per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCandy
Old 26th June 2015, 19:18   #52
Dr.Flay

It would be handy to see a comparison chart of the different systems.
The idea is not actually a bad one, just the way it works and the the type of greedy people that create them.
When they offer software that relates to the original download, or it is chosen by the author of the download (the only reliable way), it works well.
eg. I would trust one made by Majorgeeks, Tucows or Softpedia, as all software gets checked for malware etc.

However all commercial middleware vendors are only in the business because they do not have products or ideas worth buying, but want to make as much money as possible from other peoples hard work.
They have no interest in showing you the most useful software, when they can show you the most expensive, or one that sells more.

If they were a secure file host and provided the e-commerce, they would be a real service of genuine value.
They are not there to provide infrastructure. They simply want a piece of someone elses pie.
When that is your sole motivation and reason to exist, it is not born of honesty and will always want more.
It has no sense of self value because it relates only to how well other authors are doing.

Fairly soon we may be at a point of OSs flipping over, and everything has to be white-listed instead of black-listed.
At that point, systems like Opencandy are finally doomed, and they will have to work out another way to make money for doing nothing.

Obfuscated delivery systems can only ever be a security risk, and quality software never needs to trick users into installing. People will search out something of quality, therefore middleware vendors are left with shovelling the crap you don't go looking for.

Old 27th June 2015, 03:40   #53
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Flay View Post
Obfuscated delivery systems can only ever be a security risk, and quality software never needs to trick users into installing. People will search out something of quality, therefore middleware vendors are left with shovelling the crap you don't go looking for.
It's a fact of life. Selling 'snake oil' is an infamous tradition that started with the start of commerce. There always has been, and always will be, a need for the buyer to beware.

Old 8th July 2015, 05:23   #54
Ryan Branson

Try online video converter it will help you download and convert youtube videos into many different format easily. It is free web tool and also secure.
Old 8th July 2015, 10:59   #55
Dr.Flay

I really don't see much point once you learn what you are dealing with.
If you need to convert, you need to edit or have a very specific reason.
I'll have to quote Aminifu here "Snake oil"
I see it offers to convert Youtube vids into MP4 really fast. Of course it does.
The vids are already in MP4 format, WebM and 3gp, the audio in a choice of AAC or OGG.

Try simply just downloading the size and type you want direct from the original, and then just playing it.
If you cannot play standard h264 MP4 videos then your device is very old, and will want MJPG-AVI or 3gp, or you just need to use a better video player on your PC.

Media Player Classic variants and VLC will play every format you will ever need, and even more you never will. You can also get VLC for smart phones.
Same reason why most of us use Winamp. It removes the need to degrade files by converting them, and allows you to just play whatever you get without any fuss.

If you genuinely need to convert something, then something like "Super" is probably a better option.
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Old 21st December 2015, 20:34   #56
aleksandra80

At the beginning I apologize for my English, which is poorly.
Thank you for the very valuable content.
It will be useful for me.
I am very pleased that there are places like this.
Here you can find lots of interesting content.
I will be recommending to everyone these forum.
I am a beginner in this topic, but thanks to people like you, I can learn a lot.
Old 6th January 2018, 01:22   #57
MikeAP45

Yeah just download the video (you oughta try YouTube downloader or whatnot) and burn the file to your DVD/CD
Old 26th February 2018, 07:02   #58
michaelkorver

I agree, keepvid is the best for download from Youtube!
Old 24th April 2018, 11:01   #59
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

*** Thread closed due to spam flood. ***

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions