Old 5th July 2012, 13:43   #1
melisa24

Spotify and Shoutcast

Hello,

i have configured my ShoutCast streamserver now and i can send my music live to my listeners. But i want to connect my streamserver with spotify. How i can do that? That i need Apps or something else to send my Shoutcast streamsignal to spotify?

Thank you for the help.

melisa24
melisa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 14:07   #2
kelvin0mql

Not Playlist Directly, but Line IN, Yes.

Some of what I do might help you.

I DJ in Second Life. Mostly MP3s that I have locally. But sometimes someone makes a request that I want to satisfy (e.g. a dedication), but it ain't a song I'm likely to want to play again, so I'm disinclined to buy the MP3 and download on another PC so I can slip it later into the playlist. Rather, I search for it in Spotify on my iPad (or iPhone, or other laptop).

See, my input into the ShoutCast uplink isn't Winamp playlist, or iTunes, etc... rather, it's the Line IN. That comes from a hardware mixer. Into that mixer go my microphone, and (at least) two stereo inputs, from which I could play pretty much anything. It could be an iTunes on random, it could be Spotify, it could be WinAmp, it could be the FM Radio... anything.

The downside is that none of the song-title-and-artist data gets transmitted. Just the audio. This is why I say this might help you.

One of these days, I'm going to get the cartridge replaced on the turntable, and spin some actual vinyl for part of one of my Second Life gigs. To complete the scene, I think I might stand on a remnant of shag carpeting while I'm at it.
kelvin0mql is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 17:40   #3
Kevin_Ronk

If you need to transfer your music playlist you can try MusConv software as well
Kevin_Ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support