Old 18th December 2012, 18:46   #1
AdamOrosco27

Windows 8 64bit pro and Winamp

When is Winamp Going to Work with Windows 8 .. I have been using it for years .. dont want to change media players .. Its not compatible as of right now .. am I doing something wrong .. HELP ... Thanks .
AdamOrosco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 19:11   #2
DrO

the only 'known' issues are file associations and some people have issues with the SHOUTcast Radio view. and for some it just won't run (but that's affected Vista and Windows 7 so isn't Windows 8 specific).

i don't see _any_ previous posts from you about having issues so just saying it's not compatible without any context isn't helpful if you're having a new issue that isn't covered by one of the above ones i've listed.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 11:01   #3
Iter

classic skin problems with win8 64

I have been using Winamp as long as can remember. There is no problem on my old XP computers but on my new Win8/64 the Main Window, Playlist Editor and Equalizer don't glue together. Also the size (without CTRL-D) is extremely (almost unreadable) small. I will be looking for an alternative player.
Iter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 11:05   #4
DrO

you do realise you can change the skin to one that shows things larger as well as increasing the font of the playlist editor and the media library, etc ??

no idea about the windows not snapping together as i've never seen that happen unless it's something the skin being used explicitly decides it won't allow you to do.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support