Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 29th December 2013, 09:53   #1
ulillillia

Migrating backed up Winamp play counts from XP to Windows 7?

I've just migrated from Windows XP to Windows 7 and my backed up play counts are not being recognized in Windows 7 like they were in XP. I backed up the entire "ml" directory from the plugins directory along with gen_ml.ini and gen_mud.ini. I copied and pasted these over as needed and Winamp isn't picking up on it like it was before. Any ideas what changes, if necessary, that I need to do?

void BlueWater() {water.color=blue; while(GameRunning) {if (fox.pos == InBlueWater) {fox.air--; FoxDrown(fox.air);} else {fox.air=1800; fox.flags = WantsToGetWet; } WaitFrames(1); }} // My top favorite thing in 2D Sonic (as C)
ulillillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2013, 05:19   #2
ulillillia

Someone on Facebook answered this. Windows 7 has all user-saved data not in the Program Files directory like it was before but the application data directory. Simply copy and paste my backup there and it worked. Search for %Appdata%, go to Winamp, plugins, and you'll find the directory where the backup needs to be pasted into.

Back when I used XP (and before that, Windows 98), this info was always in the Program Files directory. Windows 7 changed this and I wasn't aware of it.

void BlueWater() {water.color=blue; while(GameRunning) {if (fox.pos == InBlueWater) {fox.air--; FoxDrown(fox.air);} else {fox.air=1800; fox.flags = WantsToGetWet; } WaitFrames(1); }} // My top favorite thing in 2D Sonic (as C)
ulillillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2013, 09:54   #3
DrO

XP as wanted and recommended that behaviour with settings but it wasn't enforced until Vista arrived so is something thats been in use for 7years now.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
backup, media library, migrate, play counts, xp to windows 7